Revis out for the year- torn ACL [Merged 3X]

Matt39

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully he has a speedy recovery but he'll never be the same IMO.

On the bright side, Jamal Charles and AP look pretty good. Welker had a pretty similar injury and came back the same. Revis is still a young guy and is the type to rehab obsessively, so I'm holding out hope that he can bounce back.

It's kind of sad that the loss of a corner = season over for us. I thought some of you out there had a ton confidence in Sanchez? Mr. "4th quarter/OT comeback, 4 road playoff victories, reminds me of Eli and stuff"? lol.

Team wasnt very good with Revis either. Bad drafts catch up to you, Rex's tactics have seem to worn out....just feels like a bleh season.

It's kind of sad that the loss of a corner = season over for us. I thought some of you out there had a ton confidence in Sanchez? Mr. "4th quarter/OT comeback, 4 road playoff victories, reminds me of Eli and stuff"? lol.

The only ones I see declaring it season over are your ridiculous band of hating haters who hate.

Nah. That team actually was a Super Bowl contender. This one wasn't with or without Revis.

Super Bowl or not, this team is a lot better to watch with Revis out there. Just like the 1999 team was a lot better to watch with Testeverde than it was with Rick Mirer.

Team wasnt very good with Revis either. Bad drafts catch up to you, Rex's tactics have seem to worn out....just feels like a bleh season.

Meh, with the Landry addition our secondary was looking like the best in the league. Jury's still out on our young d-linemen. Our o-line has been great in pass protection. Hill and Kerley have a ton of potential. I think with Revis this was a playoff team, awful Sanchez and all. Now probably not.

I think Rex's schemes are fine. They were catching people off guard in 2009, maybe to an extent in 2010 too. They need a guy who can get to the quarterback on his own though. Scheme can only do so much.

Meh, with the Landry addition our secondary was looking like the best in the league. Jury's still out on our young d-linemen. Our o-line has been great in pass protection. Hill and Kerley have a ton of potential. I think with Revis this was a playoff team, awful Sanchez and all. Now probably not.

Bad QB, bad backs, one talented knucklehead WR, Hill looks like he's walking on ice when he's running routes, dline gets zero pressure...its just an average team and below average at the positions that create points.

Yes, we're sooooo ridiculous for hating on a bottom 5 QB who was taken in the top 5.

You're so eager to prove some stupid point that you fail to look at the big picture. You expend so much energy trying to prove how bad Sanchez played in a win. It's ridiculous.

You're so eager to prove some stupid point that you fail to look at the big picture. You expend so much energy trying to prove how bad Sanchez played in a win. It's ridiculous.

It's a body of work thing, Pac. If he only looked terrible some of the time it'd be OK. But he looked terrible the last 3 quarters of the Pittsburgh game too. And, you know, most of his career.

Think he can get away with playing like he did the last 7 quarters against San Fran? Houston?

I think Rex's schemes are fine. They were catching people off guard in 2009, maybe to an extent in 2010 too. They need a guy who can get to the quarterback on his own though. Scheme can only do so much.

I agree...I wasnt even talking scheme as much as motivation...maybe its just that stadium/heat but that team really looked disinterested yesterday....like it did last year to end the season.

It's a body of work thing, Pac. If he only looked terrible some of the time it'd be OK. But he looked terrible the last 3 quarters of the Pittsburgh game too. And, you know, most of his career.

and yet you've never seen a more prosperous run of Jet football in your lifetime and here they sit atop the AFC East. I can understand the frustration but the constant barrage by you and your ilk feels manufactured. Only I don't know what it is yall think you're trying to prove. That Marks not the bestest? Yah.. thanks for the heads up.

I'm sure the Jets will try a number of things over the course of the season to compensate for the loss of Revis, but I doubt that they'll wind up settling on more blitzes. They generally blitz less with Revis out of the lineup, because they need the extra people in coverage. If they're not getting to the QB with five guys, they'll abandon the blitz pretty quickly.

It'll be interesting to see if Rex becomes more of a full team head coach, and really gets involved with the offense as a way to be better as a football team - or, if he goes into his defensive bunker in an effort to coach up individuals to keep his dee as good as possible. I'd prefer he use the opportunity to grow as a coach, but the latter seems more likely.

While I certainly hear what you're saying, I think there's a pretty significant difference between trying to hold down the fort for a few games you're playing without Revis and not having him for an entire season. Not to say that I think they'll go all out blitzing constantly, I think there's just a chance they get a little more creative rather than having that confidence that the D can just straight up win their battles.

As far as Rex goes, it should certainly be interesting and while other members of the D will need to step up, I have to imagine even Rex must know that it will be the offense more than anyone who will have to pick up the slack for a D with a more limited upside, particularly since they clearly already needed to get their crap together even before Revis' injury.

Think he can get away with playing like he did the last 7 quarters against San Fran? Houston?

Speaking of bodies of work, you've become unreadable. We get it, you think the QB sucks. You really don't need to include that thought in each and every one of your posts.

we gunna find out broseph. I will be watching and I have not lost hope that Rex will game plan to get us a win. Bring on these mofoes. the rest of the defense has something for them!!!!

Archived