Gutty Ryan would welcome firing if "Woody" doesn't fix offense. (From the YeahOKGuy Dept.)

T0mShane

Granted I don't think the 2010 team was special, but that 2009 team with an average QB wins 13 games.

Rex wanted Sanchez to start. No one elses fault except his.

Even then we went to the title game with Sanchez....and he wasnt the reason they lost to the Colts.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh really?

In 2009, as soon as Shonn Greene got hurt against the Colts, our offense sputtered. That's on Sanchez.

In 2010, Sanchez's awful first half against the Steelers cost us the game even more than our poor tackling.

Do you even remember the Colts game? This is embarrassing. Run, run, pass punt was the play calling in the second half. Manning carved up the defense. Not on Sanchez.

Steeler game the defense gave up a 12 minute drive to start the game. That's not on Sanchez.

Do you even remember the Colts game? This is embarrassing. Run, run, pass punt was the play calling in the second half. Manning carved up the defense. Not on Sanchez.

Steeler game the defense gave up a 12 minute drive to start the game. That's not on Sanchez.

Our entire 4 years of suckitude is on Sanchez, yet these 2 games weren't? Come on. Sanchez couldn't convert a 3rd down to save his life against the Colts in the 2nd half, and he couldn't lift the offense until it was too late against the Steelers. That's on him.

They werent great teams because they were playing with one of the worst Qb's in the league. You cant be great with a horrible QB.

And Rex's game plans in those playoffs were nothing short of genius. Sure, they failed but what he did to 3 straight HOF QB's on the road is a testament to his defensive prowess.

TRUTH. Problem is since he lost the weight he has lost the team. Over the past two years he went from a great DC decent HC to running the worst coached team in the league. It got away from him. Guy could win a Superbowl with a real GM and a real OC. I think this and I think he will. Just not here.

TRUTH. Problem is since he lost the weight he has lost the team. Over the past two years he went from a great DC decent HC to running the worst coached team in the league. It got away from him. Guy could win a Superbowl with a real GM and a real OC. I think this and I think he will. Just not here.

So more fat = Super Bowl? Can we get you to be the new OC?

Our entire 4 years of suckitude is on Sanchez, yet these 2 games weren't? Come on. Sanchez couldn't convert a 3rd down to save his life against the Colts in the 2nd half, and he couldn't lift the offense until it was too late against the Steelers. That's on him.

You dont remember the games. Its fine, but please stop talking as if you know what you're talking about.

Thomas Jones twice into the line then 3rd and long is on Schotty. Peyton Manning doing as he pleased was on the defense.

Even then we went to the title game with Sanchez....and he wasnt the reason they lost to the Colts.

Sanchez played well in the AFCCG, I'd never try to take that away from him; but 1 home game and 1 road game is a lot different than 3 road games. That 2009 team was in a position for a bye if they had a better QB.

You dont remember the games. Its fine, but please stop talking as if you know what you're talking about.

Thomas Jones twice into the line then 3rd and long is on Schotty. Peyton Manning doing as he pleased was on the defense.

Yeah, a HOF QB totally outplaying our rookie QB is totally not on Sanchez. Like at all.

I watched the games. Sanchez left a lot of points out there, just like he's done his entire career. The play-calling was what we did all year......run the ball a ton behind our beastly top run-blocking offensive line. The minute the run game got shut down (thanks in part to the Greene injury), Sanchez shut down. Its what he's done for 4 years, why were those 2 games any different?

Yeah, a HOF QB totally outplaying our rookie QB is totally not on Sanchez. Like at all.

I watched the games. Sanchez left a lot of points out there, just like he's done his entire career. The play-calling was what we did all year......run the ball a ton.

So the play calling was run heavy and Sanchez left a ton of points on the field in the Colts game. That makes a lot of sense.

I watched the games. Sanchez left a lot of points out there, just like he's done his entire career. The play-calling was what we did all year......run the ball a ton.

I blame Brett Favres shoulder injury and disgusting white penis. If he did not get hurt and stayed we win 1 outta those 3 years. Minimum.

So the play calling was run heavy and Sanchez left a ton of points on the field in the Colts game. That makes a lot of sense.

It sure does. We ran the ball with success all year. But the minute we had to depend on Sanchez we lost games. The Colts game was one of those 8 losses where that happened.

It sure does. We ran the ball with success all year. But the minute we had to depend on Sanchez we lost games. The Colts game was one of those 8 losses where that happened.

We rarely threw the ball in the second half. If we did, it wasnt on first or second down. You dont remember Braylon Edwards after the game?

Braylon had a rookie corner on him who he was abusing in the first half and we never went back to him.

We rarely threw the ball in the second half. If we did, it wasnt on first or second down. You dont remember Braylon Edwards after the game?

Braylon had a rookie corner on him who he was abusing in the first half and we never went back to him.

And you don't think this was because the Colts made the necessary adjustments? Braylon burned that rookie CB for an 80-yarder on play-action when he was wide open. It wasn't because of some great throw by Sanchez. Teams had to respect the run game.

The minute Greene went down and they were able to stop the run, the offense got shut down completely. That's on the freaking QB.

We were up 17-6. Of course we were going to keep running. Problem is, we couldn't throw it the entire 2nd half, and you need to throw to win sometimes against a Peyton Manning team.

pish posh.

there has been speculation for weeks that Tanny has 1 foot out the door. Why would Ryan give ultimatums a day after a report came out stating Tanny will be fired on Monday?

At this point, I'd assume he wants to ensure that Tannenbaum is pushed out entirely rather than moved downstairs where he can burrow himself further into the organization and poison Woody against him.

And you don't think this was because the Colts made the necessary adjustments? Braylon burned that rookie CB for an 80-yarder on play-action when he was wide open. It wasn't because of some great throw by Sanchez. Teams had to respect the run game.

The minute Greene went down and they were able to stop the run, the offense got shut down completely. That's on the freaking QB.

We were up 17-6. Of course we were going to keep running. Problem is, we couldn't throw it the entire 2nd half, and you need to throw to win sometimes against a Peyton Manning team.

It was 17-13 at halftime. Feely missed a fg to start the second half. He left 6 points on the board with missed kicks indoors, in a title game. 23 points should have been enough to win.

Defense choked at the end of the first half and the entire second half. Schotty played as if he were up 3 touchdowns running Jones into the line on first and second downs in the second half. Sanchez barely got to do anything.

It was 17-13 at halftime. Feely missed a fg to start the second half. He left 6 points on the board with missed kicks indoors, in a title game. 23 points should have been enough to win.

Defense choked at the end of the first half and the entire second half. Schotty played as if he were up 3 touchdowns running Jones into the line on first and second downs in the second half. Sanchez barely got to do anything.

Keep piling on the excuses for Sanchez. Lord knows we haven't heard any of those before. Make a play or GTFO, this is the playoffs we're talking about here.

Keep piling on the excuses for Sanchez. Lord knows we haven't heard any of those before. Make a play or GTFO, this is the playoffs we're talking about here.

Sanchez sucks.

Were talking about a game from 3 years ago. We werent beating the Saints or Packers(or even the Colts and Steelers) with Kyle Orton or whoever you would have preferred. We werent that good.

Rex is refusing to take responsibility for the offense. Thats his original sin and it's the reason he doesn't belong as a HC

Which is why the part of Mehta's article about other teams clamoring for Rex Ryan borders on comedy. Who is going to hire a HC who brags about his defensive rank after losses and averages barely 2 TDs a week in a passing NFL? How would you sell that to any owner or fanbase? Makes it sound like somebody else made a mess of the offense and Ryan was an uninvolved 3rd party.

Hey guys, it is not Rex's fault that the qb is bad, that the offense has no imagination, that the locker room is split in divisions, that the defense gives up 4th quarter leads, that the Jets came out flat against Pittsburgh, after the team treated the divisional playoff game like the Superbowl, that questionable talent is hired to coach players, that after 4 years of trying to address a pass rush, the Jets still can't get to the quarterback, that the team's record is in decline again after a bad end to last season, that loyalty is is an overriding factor rather than accountability and that the the team is in a serious malaise.

Don't blame Rex for these things. How could the coach be responsible? We went to 2 AFCCGs?

Seems like the drafting and playing of Sanchez in those first years falls on the coaching staff for relying on an untested rookie and not having a viable alternative.

In re: Sourcegate, Rex is the source. Mehta's been carrying water for him for months. He's not trying to shoot his way out of town, he's giving Woody a me-or-Tannenbaum ultimatum to save his own skin.

I think Rex is pretty sure that Tannenbaum is gonna be, at least, reassigned. He can either stay on and coach Sanchez next year, then get bounced after a 3-13 blood-letting, or he can make it appear as though he demanded his noble release at the end of this year, where he can tell future employers that Sanchez submarined his illustrious career. Self-preservation.

41 year old jet fan here,.Richard Todd finding Bill Simpson of the bills wide open in the end zone to end our wild card game when I was 10 should've clued me in on what was to come. Been reading jet nation for about 5 years now but never posted, had to sign up for this one it's too infuriating too pass up. What Rex has done by leaking this is cowardly and disgraceful, wow,.he's coming out and throwing tannenbaum under the bus in an effort to save his own sorry hide before black Monday. Meanwhile he has bragged in the past about having picked all of these players...didn't this clown say he was against drafting a wide receiver in the 2 nd round? Don't get me wrong tannenbaum needs to go Monday also but I stress ALSO,.Rex trying to distance himself from tanny now is a typical coward move from this bully clown.Rex your the HEAD coach you clown, so it's not your reposnsibilty at all to develop an offense? Not at all? So if the owner and the GM magically get you a big time offense then you'll win games? Oh ok thanks..one last thing,..it's apparent now that our HEAD COACH is manish's anonymous source,.that alone should get him fired Monday. Great site max..thanks.

Welcome to JN. Nice perspective...couldn't agree more. Rex is Manish's source...has been from the gitgo...trying to set up his next job.

Welcome to JN. Nice perspective...couldn't agree more. Rex is Manish's source...has been from the gitgo...trying to set up his next job.

So Rex confides in the guy who has undermined him by writing innumerable slam pieces against the Jets? What part of that makes sense?

Seems like the drafting and playing of Sanchez in those first years falls on the coaching staff for relying on an untested rookie and not having a viable alternative.

The Jets went all in on Sanchez. You shouldn't need a viable backup QB if you think he's the guy. Obviously he wasn't, and Tannenbaum/Rex deserve a lot of blame for that.

What's the difference in Tebow telling Rex the "run up the middle wildcat is crap" and Rex telling Woody his "dumpy offense is crap".

With the McElroy debacle and now this Rex stuff Tebow doesn't hav to do much for his name to clear up but get the hell out. The jets will do it for him by their own actions. The Jets are screwed and it will take years to get out of this hole.

I think Rex is pretty sure that Tannenbaum is gonna be, at least, reassigned. He can either stay on and coach Sanchez next year, then get bounced after a 3-13 blood-letting, or he can make it appear as though he demanded his noble release at the end of this year, where he can tell future employers that Sanchez submarined his illustrious career. Self-preservation.

Possible. I think the line about working in TV signals his understanding that the offensive incompetence and the yapping and the foot thing will make it tough to get another head gig. His first priority is to save his job here, and the easiest way to do that is to make himself the martyr and Tannenbaum the scapegoat.

Archived