•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cimini: "Remember this Name: Mike Glennon

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,758 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Jets show interest in NC State QB

January, 25, 2013
Jan 25
10:23
AM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.comOn Thursday, John Idzik and Rex Ryan gave every indication that embattled QB Mark Sanchez will be back with the Jets in 2013. But make no mistake, the quarterback depth chart will have a different look.

In addition to acquiring a starting-caliber veteran, the Jets are looking to the draft for their quarterback of the future. Remember this name: Mike Glennon of North Carolina State.

The Jets met with Glennon Tuesday at the Senior Bowl week, according to a mole in Mobile, Ala. In fact, they spent an inordinate amount of time with Glennon, a 6-foot-6 passer who has drawn comparisons to Joe Flacco because of his size.

This isn't a great quarterback draft (no Lucks or RG IIIs), but Idzik comes from the Seahawks, who struck gold in the third round with Russell Wilson. Glennon is projected as a second-round pick, although that could fluctuate greatly in the coming weeks, depending on how he performs during the pre-draft process.

The Jets' QB depth chart could be Sanchez, plus a veteran, plus a rookie, leaving Tim Tebow and Greg McElroy out in the cold.

#2 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

ya I wrote that months ago.
Jets scouts were looking at glennon 3 separate times this year. They also scouted Gio Bernard three times.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#3 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

#4 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,277 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

ya I wrote that months ago.
Jets scouts were looking at glennon 3 separate times this year. They also scouted Gio Bernard three times.

What do you think of Glennon? You're generally the go-to guy when discussing Carolina prospects...
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#5 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Glennon is a statue back there. He's got no elusiveness and he also throws dumb picks all the time. He's like a worse Drew Bledsoe.

This QB class sucks from top to bottom.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#6 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Glennon is a statue back there. He's got no elusiveness and he also throws dumb picks all the time. He's like a worse Drew Bledsoe.

I hope that's the mentality and one of the more interesting ones falls to the third. Bray, Dysert, Sorenson....any of the three would be welcome.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#7 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,758 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I hope that's the mentality and one of the more interesting ones falls to the third. Bray, Dysert, Sorenson....any of the three would be welcome.

Dysert came into the Senior Bowl shorter then advertised. It is very possible he will be there at the top of the 3rd.

If he is I would gladly risk a 3rd on him

#8 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,743 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

This. He sucks.

#9 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

using a 2nd or 3rd at QB this year is a waste cause gonna use a 1st next year.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#10 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,744 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

They cannot f*ck up this pick. The next quarterback drafted defines the Idzik regime and will shape the next five years of Jets football.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#11 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

what's the hurt? We haven't a had a qb worth a damn in 40 years...give it a shot.

#12 Ignatius del Sol

Ignatius del Sol

Practice Squad Player

• Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

#13 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I don't like super tall QB's. They have footwork issues and accuracy issues because they have more going on with their throwing motions. It is kind of like in baseball with pitchers. Usually the real tall guys have a tougher time developing consistent location. Add to that the fact that Glennon is blade thin and his college numbers reflect his accuracy issues and I don't see him as worthy of a top pick.

Every QB in this class has fairly major blemishes. The best guy is probably Geno Smith because of his accuracy and athleticism which should allow him to become a good QB, but he has happy feet in the pocket and locks onto receivers. If someone is able to mine a gem from this class, god bless them. I really liked Tyler Wilson, but then I find out he has little bitty hands which does not translate well to bad weather throwing and ball handling. Who knows...

#14 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

They cannot f*ck up this pick. The next quarterback drafted defines the Idzik regime and will shape the next five years of Jets football.

This is the mentality that scares me. They can pick any sh*thead they want, but I don't want to invest so much that we are stuck with the numbnuts shaping the next five years. Think about it, Kellen Clemens didn't shape sh*t. Whoever we pick will probably be in that mold based on the sh*tty QB class this year.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#15 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

On who?

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#16 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Dysert came into the Senior Bowl shorter then advertised. It is very possible he will be there at the top of the 3rd.

If he is I would gladly risk a 3rd on him

I do have to say that by third I meant 4th. I'm not too excited to draft any one of them, though I think those three have the potential to be the best QB taken in this draft.

#17 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,743 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

no slam dunks but Geno at least has a shot or Manuel later. Glennon beat FSU on the final drive and yet still played one of the most horrific games at QB. Clemson....Vanderbilt. He makes a beautiful throw one out of ever 3 passes. The other 2 aren't even close.

#18 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,743 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

I don't like super tall QB's. They have footwork issues and accuracy issues because they have more going on with their throwing motions. It is kind of like in baseball with pitchers. Usually the real tall guys have a tougher time developing consistent location. Add to that the fact that Glennon is blade thin and his college numbers reflect his accuracy issues and I don't see him as worthy of a top pick.

Every QB in this class has fairly major blemishes. The best guy is probably Geno Smith because of his accuracy and athleticism which should allow him to become a good QB, but he has happy feet in the pocket and locks onto receivers. If someone is able to mine a gem from this class, god bless them. I really liked Tyler Wilson, but then I find out he has little bitty hands which does not translate well to bad weather throwing and ball handling. Who knows...

I LOVE super tall QBs. His arm strength is overrated and his accuracy and decision making is atrocious. 6'2 and he's not even getting drafted.

#19 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,524 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

The QB I like the most in this draft.
Posted Image

#20 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Tyler Wilson is better than Glennon and Teddy Bridgewater will be head and shoulders better than both of them.
Tank for Teddy.

#21 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

The QB I like the most in this draft.

He made some headway this week with the Senior Bowl QB's bringing the meh. He is my favorite now that Dysert/Wilson failed to bring the size. He's by far the most prototypical QB in this class IMO.

#22 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 9,001 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Compared to all those smart picks all the other QBs are throwing ;) Kidding aside, Glennon has practically the same exact, if not slightly better, collegiate production as Matt Ryan. Ideal size, arm strength and has shown the ability to make some very weak offensive players better. A lot of the criticisms you're throwing on Glennon were said about ryan coming out, but he was able to cut down on his mistakes and there's no reason to think Glennon can't, considering he's improved every year at NC state.

#23 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Tyler Wilson is better than Glennon and Teddy Bridgewater will be head and shoulders better than both of them.

Tajh Boyd > Teddy Bridgerwater

Agreed on Wilson being better than Glennon.

#24 Rjpickett21

Rjpickett21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

agreed 100%. I think when its all said and done Wilson will be the best of the 2nd round QBs...has all the intangibles great arm elusive extends plays...people have to ignore numbers from this past season because he had a depleted receiving core, and lost a lot of talent due to issues at Arkansas with Petrino. This kid will be a good one and theyre not talking about him much. Glennon has time and time again showed he struggles throwing the ball in the 15-20 yard range right down the middle of the field. An area that is exploited often in the WCO. Saw in Sr Bowl practice and Bowl game he often overthrows and gets intercepted. Jets need a guy who can read a defense quickly and make a decision to get through his reads and get rid of the ball. Wilson could be that guy in 2nd-3rd round.

#25 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Tajh Boyd > Teddy Bridgerwater

Thats crazy talk. Bridgewater has better size/skill set and his intangibles are off the chart.
Tank for Teddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users