86 replies to this topic

#26 Rjpickett21

Rjpickett21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Compared to all those smart picks all the other QBs are throwing ;) Kidding aside, Glennon has practically the same exact, if not slightly better, collegiate production as Matt Ryan. Ideal size, arm strength and has shown the ability to make some very weak offensive players better. A lot of the criticisms you're throwing on Glennon were said about ryan coming out, but he was able to cut down on his mistakes and there's no reason to think Glennon can't, considering he's improved every year at NC state.

Matt Ryan cut down on mistakes? He threw 14 INTs this year tying his career high back in 2009. Wouldn't call that cutting down mistakes and the fact he can't win a big playoff game. Id take Ryan over Sanchez any day but he hasn't limited his mistakes

#27 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,519 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

He made some headway this week with the Senior Bowl QB's bringing the meh. He is my favorite now that Dysert/Wilson failed to bring the size. He's by far the most prototypical QB in this class IMO.

He's got the most upside by far IMO.

I like Landry Jones too. Jones and Bray are my favorites in this draft.
Posted Image

#28 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,255 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

The QB I like the most in this draft.

yeah, I would throw Bray on rhe list too based on potential. Smith, Manuel, Bray for consideration. The rest of the lot...meh.

Edited by HessStation, 25 January 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#29 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,603 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

I forgot about Manuel and Jones...They iight. Jones already fits with the Jets as a guy who has sh*t piled on him for years based on the collective failures of his program.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#30 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,519 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

yeah, I would throw Bray on rhe list too based on potential. Smith, Manuel, Bray for consideration. The rest of the lot...meh.

EJ Manual is garbage. I wouldnt touch that kid. I hear he's been looking good at the Senior Bowl...but he's a chump. And its got nothing to do with my disdain for FSU.
Posted Image

#31 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Glennon is a statue back there. He's got no elusiveness and he also throws dumb picks all the time. He's like a worse Drew Bledsoe.

This QB class sucks from top to bottom.

Seems like he should fit right in with the other JETS QB!

#32 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Matt Ryan cut down on mistakes? He threw 14 INTs this year tying his career high back in 2009. Wouldn't call that cutting down mistakes and the fact he can't win a big playoff game. Id take Ryan over Sanchez any day but he hasn't limited his mistakes

You wouldn't, mainly because you overlooked a large piece of data. Ryan threw 164 more passes this year, while averaging 1.2 more yards per attempt, which means he threw an INT every 44 attempts compared to every 32 attempts his sophomore year. So not only is he throwing the ball an additional 10+ times per game, but he's throwing the ball more down field. That's only part of it, the offense was clearly put in Ryan's hands this year and he responded with his best season to date. We have that type of performance with this defense and we're in the playoffs every single year.

#33 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

This is the mentality that scares me. They can pick any sh*thead they want, but I don't want to invest so much that we are stuck with the numbnuts shaping the next five years. Think about it, Kellen Clemens didn't shape sh*t. Whoever we pick will probably be in that mold based on the sh*tty QB class this year.

Clemens sucking led to more Chad which led to Brett Favre which led to Sanchez.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#34 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,255 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

EJ Manual is garbage. I wouldnt touch that kid. I hear he's been looking good at the Senior Bowl...but he's a chump. And its got nothing to do with my disdain for FSU.

they're all garbage to an extent but those are the 3 I would pick who have enough potential to surprise in the pros imo. Maybe Nassib i guess but not really for me. In typical Jet fashion crap year for QBs.

#35 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I LOVE super tall QBs. His arm strength is overrated and his accuracy and decision making is atrocious. 6'2 and he's not even getting drafted.

Name me a top QB who is or was 6'7". The lack of accuracy is somewhat due to the height in my opinion.

#36 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

bit's right, this QB class blows. Glennon's a dope, Bray's a thug, Wilson only started two seasons and has hands like a leprechaun, and Jones never met a big game he couldn't lose. Bleh.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#37 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

On who?

teddy bridgewater, tajh boyd and johnny football are 3 2014 QBs all better than the 2013 field.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#38 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,603 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

So when does Manziel get exposed as a barely-prospect?

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#39 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

So when does Manziel get exposed as a barely-prospect?

In a league with Russell Wilson, RG3 and Colin Kaep running wild, Johnny Football is perfect for those types of offenses. For Marty Morn's WCO, probably not.

#40 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

teddy bridgewater, tajh boyd and johnny football are 3 2014 QBs all better than the 2013 field.

Boy, you are really buying into the new breed of running QB's. They all seem like risks to me, too. I like AJ McCarron.

#41 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,340 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Clemens sucking led to more Chad which led to Brett Favre which led to Sanchez.

False.

Clemens AND Ramsey sucking led to more Chad which led to Brett Favre with led to Sanchez.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#42 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

using a 2nd or 3rd at QB this year is a waste cause gonna use a 1st next year.

I agree with bit on this one. Use the 2nd and 3rd for other needs oline, te, s, etc.

#43 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,119 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Being the best QB in this draft is like being the best player on your beer league softball team.

#44 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,340 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Being the best QB in this draft is like being the best player on your beer league softball team.

I shouldn't be proud?

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#45 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Boy, you are really buying into the new breed of running QB's. They all seem like risks to me, too. I like AJ McCarron.

Teddy and Tajh have real passing stats, not really runners. AJ McCarron is a good name too. I'd love to see him on a team that wasn't so studly. but either way the 2013 QBs are bad and the 2014 QBs are way better.

#46 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,603 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

In a league with Russell Wilson, RG3 and Colin Kaep running wild, Johnny Football is perfect for those types of offenses. For Marty Morn's WCO, probably not.

Uh, Mike Vick?

I would take all those guys over McCarron.

#47 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Uh, Mike Vick?

Vick on the vet min to compete with Sanchez sure. He's really not the same player tho. Tons and tons of injuries. He had a concussion this year so bad he couldn't stand light for weeks.

#48 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,119 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

http://www.nfl.com/d..._writers_brooks

This would be worse.

#49 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,255 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Name me a top QB who is or was 6'7". The lack of accuracy is somewhat due to the height in my opinion.

LOL, now it's 6'7? Who the hell is 6'7?

So anyway just looking at the Super Bowl Flacco is 6'6 and Kaepernick is 6'4

Peyton Manning 6'5
Roethlisberger 6'5
Esiason 6'5
Testeverde 6'5
Kerry Collins 6'5
Brady 6'4
Eli Manning 6'4
Marino 6'4
Aikman 6'4
Cunningham 6'4

What's left out of this is players are still getting increasingly bigger and faster, hence the need for a taller QB moreso now than ever. 6'2 is basically the cut off and anything lower is a huge exception.

#50 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

http://www.nfl.com/d..._writers_brooks

This would be worse.

ugh

geno smith going 1 would just be a bad pick and barkley to the jets would be worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users