Cimini: "Remember this Name: Mike Glennon

flgreen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, you are really buying into the new breed of running QB's. They all seem like risks to me, too. I like AJ McCarron.

Teddy and Tajh have real passing stats, not really runners. AJ McCarron is a good name too. I'd love to see him on a team that wasn't so studly. but either way the 2013 QBs are bad and the 2014 QBs are way better.

In a league with Russell Wilson, RG3 and Colin Kaep running wild, Johnny Football is perfect for those types of offenses. For Marty Morn's WCO, probably not.

Uh, Mike Vick?

Boy, you are really buying into the new breed of running QB's. They all seem like risks to me, too. I like AJ McCarron.

I would take all those guys over McCarron.

Name me a top QB who is or was 6'7". The lack of accuracy is somewhat due to the height in my opinion.

LOL, now it's 6'7? Who the hell is 6'7?

So anyway just looking at the Super Bowl Flacco is 6'6 and Kaepernick is 6'4

Peyton Manning 6'5

Roethlisberger 6'5

Esiason 6'5

Testeverde 6'5

Kerry Collins 6'5

Brady 6'4

Eli Manning 6'4

Marino 6'4

Aikman 6'4

Cunningham 6'4

What's left out of this is players are still getting increasingly bigger and faster, hence the need for a taller QB moreso now than ever. 6'2 is basically the cut off and anything lower is a huge exception.

In a league with Russell Wilson, RG3 and Colin Kaep running wild, Johnny Football is perfect for those types of offenses. For Marty Morn's WCO, probably not.

I think you're going to see a drastic drop in production out of all three of those QBs once the NFL has an entire offseason to watch tape on them. Give me a pure pocket passer any day of the week and twice on sundays.

He does remind me of Joe Flacco-throws a nice long ball and maybe having a guy who's NOT a frickin' midget back there won't have so many balls batted down like Sanchez does

Please don't judge this guy by his highlights. You can youtube full games too. He makes some beautiful throws. If it were baseball he'd be an allstar. But watch the other throws he makes first though.

Vick on the vet min to compete with Sanchez sure. He's really not the same player tho. Tons and tons of injuries. He had a concussion this year so bad he couldn't stand light for weeks.

You just completely changed the subject. Draft prospects...you mentioned Marty's exclusive WCO offense that would not invite a running QB.

LOL, now it's 6'7? Who the hell is 6'7?

So anyway just looking at the Super Bowl Flacco is 6'6 and Kaepernick is 6'4

Peyton Manning 6'5

Roethlisberger 6'5

Esiason 6'5

Testeverde 6'5

Kerry Collins 6'5

Brady 6'4

Eli Manning 6'4

Marino 6'4

Aikman 6'4

Cunningham 6'4

What's left out of this is players are still getting increasingly bigger and faster, hence the need for a taller QB moreso now than ever. 6'2 is basically the cut off and anything lower is a huge exception.

Glennon measured in at an eye lash below 6' 7" after being listed at 6'5" all year. I suspect they had him listed shorter to avoid being lumped in with all the super tall under achieving QB's.

Oh, and those guys you listed are just tall.....Glennon is super tall. I don't like super tall because they bust out.

I don't like super tall QB's. They have footwork issues and accuracy issues because they have more going on with their throwing motions. It is kind of like in baseball with pitchers. Usually the real tall guys have a tougher time developing consistent location. Add to that the fact that Glennon is blade thin and his college numbers reflect his accuracy issues and I don't see him as worthy of a top pick.

Every QB in this class has fairly major blemishes. The best guy is probably Geno Smith because of his accuracy and athleticism which should allow him to become a good QB, but he has happy feet in the pocket and locks onto receivers. If someone is able to mine a gem from this class, god bless them. I really liked Tyler Wilson, but then I find out he has little bitty hands which does not translate well to bad weather throwing and ball handling. Who knows...

Wow! 6'7"/ Maybe they could institute a one step drop in their offense and bypass the footwork woes.

Archived