Mark Sanchez Doesn't Expect Geno to Beat Him Out

Lizard King

Mark Sanchez doesn’t expect Geno Smith to beat him out

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 30, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
jetsqbs.jpg?w=250AP

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez says he isn’t giving a lot of thought to losing the starting job to rookie Geno Smith.

I don’t plan on that happening,” Sanchez said, via the New York Daily News. “I’m planning on playing, I’m planning on starting.”

Sanchez also said that he’s happy to help Smith in any way he can, and that one of the reasons he’s secure in helping Smith is that he’s secure in his belief that he’ll be the starter when it’s all said and done.

“Part of that comes when you’re just confident in yourself. If I was insecure about something or . . . can’t handle this competition, maybe I wouldn’t say much to him. Maybe I’d be a little scared to give him help,” said Sanchez. “But I don’t feel like that. I just don’t. That’s not my personality. I’m confident, I’m ready to go, I can do it, I know I can.”

Sanchez said he’s rooting for Smith to do well, and that he’s also rooting for the other two quarterbacks on the roster, Greg McElroy and Matt Simms, to do well. He just thinks they won’t do as well in training camp as him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/30/mark-sanchez-doesnt-expect-geno-smith-to-beat-him-out/

Well if Sanchez Helps Geno and geno becomes a turnover machine I guess Sanchez will acheive his goal.

Honestly Sanchezx should not be talking about teaching anybody anything. He currently has not figured out a way to avoid the worst thing a QB can do and thats turnover the football. Until that comes to a screaching halt Mark should worry about himself.

If I was insecure about something or . . . can’t handle this competition, maybe I wouldn’t say much to him. Maybe I’d be a little scared to give him help,” said Sanchez. “But I don’t feel like that. I just don’t. That’s not my personality. I’m confident, I’m ready to go, I can do it, I know I can.”

I guess we'll find out how Mark handles competition.  He's never had any.  Maybe he's the giant p***y we all think he is, or maybe he'll get better.

Archived