So after four games the Jets are ranked 2 in Defense and 12 in offense

DRJETS

Like it or not Smith is going to play because the organization wants him to- if he continues his mistakes he will play himself out of a job

NO!!!! Pull him now at the first sign of adversity.  That's what smart coaches do, unlike Rex Ryan, who is dumb!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!! Pull him now at the first sign of adversity.  That's what smart coaches do, unlike Rex Ryan, who is dumb!!!!!!!!!!

GROUND AND POUND! If you hit one of ours, we'll hit 2 of yours!  He's smart! He knows stuff! May be not offense, but...

I don't get the concept of benching the rookie QB after 4 games.  Yeah the guy was a 2nd round pick, but so was Montana. So was Kapernick. Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Brady was a 6th rounder.  It seems Smith is Idzik's guy.  The Jets wouldn't have drafted him in the 2nd round of a draft where most of the QBs went later if you didn't think he had a chance of being your future QB.   The Jets have a ton of issues.   Drafting a QB in the 2nd round who you think is just a waste of a pick either makes Idzik a moron or he actually thinks the kid can be the future QB.

Nobody is going to bench Smith after 4 games because he hasn't looked all that impressive.  I honestly don't think you bench him at all this season.  And Fans love to push for backups all the time. Until that backup sucks and they root for the next guy.  Is Simms a for sure disaster?  No, but there is a reason the guy is where he is and sometimes it's about some freak injury that might change everything.   Kapernick might still be sitting if Alex Smith didn't get hurt.  Andrew Luck would be on some other team if Manning didn't miss a season. And Tebow might still be the Broncos starting QB.   That's just life.   Simms doesn't deserve to just start because people think Smith has looked bad after 4 games.

Smith is the future QB of this franchise. At least for this season.  If he sucks so bad that they are forced to find somebody else,  then so be it.  But he was the second QB taken in the Draft because the Jets thought he was good enough to have a chance at being that guy.   He might never be that guy, but there are plenty of top 5 picks who never were either, so not sure how that matters.   The only difference might be they aren't forced to start Smith for the next 4 years if he really sucks.  Other than that, he's the guy and you win with him or lose with him this season.      

You can't tell a damn thing about a player after 4 games.  He hasn't looked good, but it's 4 games into the damn kids NFL career and the Jets, as a team, stink. It's not like Smith is starting for a team who went 15-1 last year and won the super bowl.

I agree with you Pedro for the most part but I disagree with you that he hasn't look good in the 4 games.  He won two of those game and he looked impressive in those two wins including a 300 yards and 3 TD.  We also have to take into consideration that his offensive weapon are just not good and when the OL get push around like yesterday he will fail.  3 of those TO came when Ducasse was pancake falling butt first.

GROUND AND POUND! If you hit one of ours, we'll hit 2 of yours!  He's smart! He knows stuff! May be not offense, but...

He's dumb and its his fault Geno's turns the ball over.  And its his fault he's not going to Matt Simms or Brady Quinn at 2-2.

DUMB

Rex Ryans defense has Overrated written all over it. Couldn't stop anything yesterday

Yeah, Particularly after the great field position Geno was leaving them in.    Any fair defense can stop a drive that begins at their 26 or 18.  Not to mention they clearly should have stopped the behind the Butt fumble.

Bums

What about a nice throw to Winslow that put the ball inside the Titans 10 yard line, negated by a illegal hand to the face. FG.   duh

what about it ? Penalties like that happen..... constant false starts and playing like a human freaking turnstile is unacceptable. I can't sdee how anyone on our bench can perform worse than Ducxasse

I don't get the concept of benching the rookie QB after 4 games.  Yeah the guy was a 2nd round pick, but so was Montana. So was Kapernick. Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Brady was a 6th rounder.  It seems Smith is Idzik's guy.  The Jets wouldn't have drafted him in the 2nd round of a draft where most of the QBs went later if you didn't think he had a chance of being your future QB.   The Jets have a ton of issues.   Drafting a QB in the 2nd round who you think is just a waste of a pick either makes Idzik a moron or he actually thinks the kid can be the future QB.

Nobody is going to bench Smith after 4 games because he hasn't looked all that impressive.  I honestly don't think you bench him at all this season.  And Fans love to push for backups all the time. Until that backup sucks and they root for the next guy.  Is Simms a for sure disaster?  No, but there is a reason the guy is where he is and sometimes it's about some freak injury that might change everything.   Kapernick might still be sitting if Alex Smith didn't get hurt.  Andrew Luck would be on some other team if Manning didn't miss a season. And Tebow might still be the Broncos starting QB.   That's just life.   Simms doesn't deserve to just start because people think Smith has looked bad after 4 games.

Smith is the future QB of this franchise. At least for this season.  If he sucks so bad that they are forced to find somebody else,  then so be it.  But he was the second QB taken in the Draft because the Jets thought he was good enough to have a chance at being that guy.   He might never be that guy, but there are plenty of top 5 picks who never were either, so not sure how that matters.   The only difference might be they aren't forced to start Smith for the next 4 years if he really sucks.  Other than that, he's the guy and you win with him or lose with him this season.      

You can't tell a damn thing about a player after 4 games.  He hasn't looked good, but it's 4 games into the damn kids NFL career and the Jets, as a team, stink. It's not like Smith is starting for a team who went 15-1 last year and won the super bowl.

I can live with the Interceptions right now. The game is probably too fast for him right now and he is in the process of learning how to read defenses, make the right checkoffs and getting in tune with his receivers.

What I can't live with is the way he fumbled. His ball security is atrocious. After the first one I would have sat him the rest of the first half just to get the message through that that kind of carelessness is totally unacceptable.

Milliner got benched.  Does that mean the Jets are giving up on their first round pick ? No, it is more of a wake up call that if you play like that you are going to find yourself on the bench. Same should apply to Geno or any rookie. Go earn you playing time.

what about it ? Penalties like that happen..... constant false starts and playing like a human freaking turnstile is unacceptable. I can't sdee how anyone on our bench can perform worse than Ducxasse

Yes it happens but not at this rate where in every drive there is setback with holding, illegal hand, illegal shift and false start.

Most of us would have signed on the dotted line to be 2 and 2 at this point, so all is not lost.

The D is playing very respectable at #2, especially up front. We need some O with minimal turnovers

and penalties. We should have beaten the Patsies for 2 wins in our division. That being said, let's

concentrate on beating Atlanta. Remember, the Ravens were also 2&2 at this time last year.

Go Jets!

ok fine but when a qb turns the ball over at a Sanchizian rate it's not really time to change the left guard. It should be like 10th on the list of things to change. It's like when they changed the punter after week 2. while there are always areas of improvement, the problem with this team isn't punters and left guards.

So your theory is because the Jets have made a decision to commit themselves (at least for the time being) to the one player on their roster who they believe has a chance to be a long-term solution at QB, regardless of how awful he has played to date, that every other player on the roster is allowed to play as awful as they like and that the Jets should do absolutely nothing about it.  By that asinine logic at no point in Sanchez's 4 year stretch at QB should the Jets have ever made a single change to the roster or starting lineup.

Just because something isn't the biggest problem, doesn't meant that it still isn't a problem, and possibly still a very big one itself.  In that case, if you have a chance to fix it, you do it.

I just think musical quarterbacks is a recipe for disaster. If we keep losing -4 turnover margin games, I'll be on board, but it's way too early now.

This.  There's a very real chance I'll be hoping for a switch to Simms by late in the season, but you don't make that move now.  If Geno's ass is getting sent to the bench, the Jets need to have made the decision at that point that he's not the answer and that, barring the very unlikely success of Simms, they'll be hitting the draft for a QB again in April.  At that point, sure, you move on and give Simms the rest of the year to see what he's got.  Anything else, as you put it, is a recipe for disaster.

No one is saying he is anything more than an alternative fro now. But we'll never know unless you play him. Look, the idiot HC said it was an open camp competition, which by any measure Simms won. His college career had some stupid behavior and some bad luck; may be he's figured it out. But you have to play him to find out.

Not seeing anything in Geno Smith that demands he keep the job, and much to show he is not ready right now anyway. The Geno people act like this guy came here with John Elway/Dan Marino rep, and simply no one else thinks so.

And above all you are ignoring EXACTLY the same disasterous methodology Wrecks used with Pick 6. So we're gonna repeat THAT? THAT'S THE F___IN' PLAN?

No one is saying he is anything more than an alternative fro now. But we'll never know unless you play him. Look, the idiot HC said it was an open camp competition, which by any measure Simms won. His college career had some stupid behavior and some bad luck; may be he's figured it out. But you have to play him to find out.

Not seeing anything in Geno Smith that demands he keep the job, and much to show he is not ready right now anyway. The Geno people act like this guy came here with John Elway/Dan Marino rep, and simply no one else thinks so.

And above all you are ignoring EXACTLY the same disasterous methodology Wrecks used with Pick 6. So we're gonna repeat THAT? THAT'S THE F___IN' PLAN?

we don't have to know about Matt Simms, who is a scrub.  We DO have to know about Geno, who is a high draft pick.  This season is the time to find out.

Most of us would have signed on the dotted line to be 2 and 2 at this point, so all is not lost.

The D is playing very respectable at #2, especially up front. We need some O with minimal turnovers

and penalties. We should have beaten the Patsies for 2 wins in our division. That being said, let's

concentrate on beating Atlanta. Remember, the Ravens were also 2&2 at this time last year.

Go Jets!

Good post. It occurred to me this morning that despite the rage, they are playing 500 ball. All is not lost.

This.  There's a very real chance I'll be hoping for a switch to Simms by late in the season, but you don't make that move now.  If Geno's ass is getting sent to the bench, the Jets need to have made the decision at that point that he's not the answer and that, barring the very unlikely success of Simms, they'll be hitting the draft for a QB again in April.  At that point, sure, you move on and give Simms the rest of the year to see what he's got.  Anything else, as you put it, is a recipe for disaster.

This I agree with. It is Geno's  job to win or lose his play will dictate it- and the rope will not be 4 years.

Archived