Cumberland in the fold.... per Mehta

eboozer

Take it for what it's worth

RT @MMehtaNYDN: Jets have agreed to terms on a deal with TE Jeff Cumberland, per source.

Retweeted by Seth Walder

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN · 3m

It's a three-year deal for Jets TE Jeff Cumberland, per source. #NYJ believes he will take that next step in 2014.

Obviously its a matter of how much money that depends whether this was a good move or not.

Yup. If this is #2 pass catching TE who loses a camp battle to a reasonably high draft pick money, I'm happy.

Yup. If this is #2 pass catching TE who loses a camp battle to a reasonably high draft pick money, I'm happy.

even a first round pick like Ebron would not be a sure thing to start week 1 over this veteran.

It took Vernon Davis like 5 years before he fully developed

even a first round pick like Ebron would not be a sure thing to start week 1 over this veteran.

It took Vernon Davis like 5 years before he fully developed

I'm not saying I think a draft pick is a sure thing to beat out Cumberland. But it'd be great if they're able to draft someone who is good enough to do so.

If he was on the Pats he'd have 70 catches and 10 tds.  Good move locking up a solid pass catching TE instead of trying to develop another physical specimen who's first sport is not Football.

I don't know why, but I've never really liked Cumberland. Never saw what others liked. #2 TE on his best days, on his worst days, he's not even that.

Not a bad idea to keep a guy that Geno is familiar with though, because as it stands he might only have familiarity with 2 of our top WR/TE's next year in Cumberland and Kerley. As for Nelson, glad to have him on the team and I like that he hustles but hopefully he'll be a little further down the depth chart this year.

The New York Jets won't let Jeff Cumberland wade into the free-agent pool.

'ATL Podcast'
0ap2000000312803.jpgThe Around The League team hits all the NFL's hottest topics in its award-winning podcast. Join the conversation. Listen

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported Friday that the veteran tight end has agreed to a three-year deal with the Jets, according to a source.

The Jets love Cumberland's upside and firmly believe he'll take the next step in his development. Cumberland erased Kellen Winslow Jr. from the Jets' game plan as the 2013 season progressed, finishing with 26 catches for 398 yards and a career-best four touchdowns. He'll turn 27 in May.

Ranked No. 6 in ATL's tight end free-agent rankings, Cumberland possesses soft hands and familiarity with Geno Smith. It remains very possible the team invests in another tight end, potentially in the middle rounds of the draft.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" talks the latest news, Jimmy Graham and the best fits in free agency.

Details of Jeff Cumberland's three-year deal, per source: 3 years, $3.7 million, exluding incentives. $1 million is guaranteed. #

^Idzik^

Details of Jeff Cumberland's three-year deal, per source: 3 years, $13.7 million, exluding incentives. $10 million is guaranteed. 

^Tannebaum^

Details of Jeff Cumberland's three-year deal, per source: 3 years, $3.7 million, exluding incentives. $1 million is guaranteed. #

^Idzik^

Details of Jeff Cumberland's three-year deal, per source: 3 years, $13.7 million, exluding incentives. $10 million is guaranteed. 

^Tannebaum^

wow

bad news for agents, tanny has left the building !!!!!

Archived