marquise lee or brandon cooks

Jetknowledge

I know by now you have seen the reports of marty & john. Going to their pro days and scouting plus the reports of private work outs.

But realistically which 1 would you rather have.

Brandon to me is small, he is a amazing college receiver but he is to me very small for a nfl wide out.

I would rather have marquise better size and he could be the best receiver in this class if it wasn't for his case of the drops, and injury history. Nonetheless when healthy he's a dynamic playmaker, and return man as well.

S/N - I would rather have odell but not sure how interested the jets are on him.

Lee, I think he's going to be a star. Better than Watkins.

Really like Cooks too though. Wish we could get both.

No interest in Beckham, wasn't even the best receiver on his team. I don't care what their workout numbers are, if you watched any LSU games this year, you would say Landry is the better player.

I really hope Evans slips to us. He is big, strong, and has a calm about him that is just rare. Watch his gauntlet. He's moving as quickly through it as everyone else, but looks almost like he's chewing gum in the park calm.

That guy will give us that powerful bad a$$ WR that we haven't had since I can remember.

wait...Did I not answer the question right?  

Lee then    :D

I think Lee is the better athlete, but his frame and history suggests injury concerns throughout his career.  OBJ and Cooks are just built better to withstand punishment, and can both be praised for their respective talents. 

Lee is the smoothest route runner in the draft, and makes ridiculous catches with his aerobatics and catch radius, but Cooks has been compared to DeSean Jackson.  Both are extremely talented, and I would prefer Lee, but Cooks probably has a longer, more productive career.  

I will be thrilled if Lee falls to us -- just don;t see it happening, though.

This...

1. Evans

2. Lee

We know Evans isnt falling...Lee is a possibility

If not Lee...I would like to trade back and get Mathews. Maybe theres a taker.

Lee, I think he's going to be a star. Better than Watkins.

Really like Cooks too though. Wish we could get both.

No interest in Beckham, wasn't even the best receiver on his team. I don't care what their workout numbers are, if you watched any LSU games this year, you would say Landry is the better player.

Beckham is a better athlete then landry thoe.

Lee has more bust potential but probably a slightly higher ceiling. There is no way Cooks busts imo. He's either Steve Smith...Santana Moss or he's a career solid slot WR, worst case. Also, as a prospect, Cooks is in a different hemisphere as Kerley. The "we have a small guy in Kerely so we don't need another," rhetoric is ******* retarded. The Jets need explosive weapons. Cooks is one of the best in the draft. So is Lee. I'll take either. But please stay away from Kelvin Benjamin as a few posters here still seem to like at 18. 

With the way the Raiders operate, Lee may be select 5th to the Raiders if he has a good individual workout for them. If all of these receivers came out last year draft, Lee would have been the only one selected top 10. I also hear all this talk about how injury prone he is after one injury, does Sammy Watkins get the same label for all the duds last season with Hopkins carrying their team?

The "we have a small guy in Kerely so we don't need another," rhetoric is ******* retarded. The Jets need explosive weapons.

There are just too many analysts, writers, bloggers. The same crap gets regurgitated over and over and eventually it becomes "true".

Football players, I want football players.

There are just too many analysts, writers, bloggers. The same crap gets regurgitated over and over and eventually it becomes "true".

Football players, I want football players.

Which is why you really can't go wrong with Lee or Cooks imo. Both Biletnikoff Winners for a reason. 

Is Landry still rated that high?  I'm all for watching the tape, but if he doesn't run faster at his pro day a 2nd is awfully ******* high.  Do people believe the hamstring story or not?

landry will end up 2nd or 3rd rd and have a Boldin like career. Donte Moncrief could also be a 2nd round steal.

I'd rather have Cooks or Beckham over Lee be cause the Jets don't need more 4.5/4.6 guys they have Decker, Kerley and Nelson. They need a 4.3 who can "take the top off" the defense. 

landry will end up 2nd or 3rd rd and have a Boldin like career. Donte Moncrief could also be a 2nd round steal.

I'd rather have Cooks or Beckham over Lee be cause the Jets don't need more 4.5/4.6 guys they have Decker, Kerley and Nelson. They need a 4.3 who can "take the top off" the defense. 

nfl_a_hill_b1_576.jpg

Really Beckham? Not sure why 40 yard time is being over analysis here, as running a 4.3 didn't make Beckham any better of a receiver, didn't make his hands better, route running better, his coverage recognition better or any of that. Nor is his production that impressive as he did most of his damages vs. some Jags. We should want Lee straight up because he's a better flat out players then these guys.

Agreed but doesn't cooks seem small

Really Beckham? Not sure why 40 yard time is being over analysis here, as running a 4.3 didn't make Beckham any better of a receiver, didn't make his hands better, route running better, his coverage recognition better or any of that. Nor is his production that impressive as he did most of his damages vs. some Jags. We should want Lee straight up because he's a better flat out players then these guys.

Lee is not a better receiver then cooks, just better size.

And Odell is a prospect that doesn't have many holes, and alot of potential.

Cooks would be my option but he's 5'10 - 185 i'm not sold on him being a X receiver in the NFL.

Marquise health should be evaluated.

If Cooks were 6 foot he's probably in Top 10 discussion. If he's in last year's draft he probably goes Top 10. I worry about his size too, but I also worry about Lee's knee and whether or not that 4.52 is really his top end (don't think it is but just saying). I'd worry Evans might be too big & getting separation. I'd worry about Beckham's production. And I'd worry about Watkins' character. 

Lee is not a better receiver then cooks, just better size.

And Odell is a prospect that doesn't have many holes, and alot of potential.

Lee is better prospect then Cook who in his own right is a stud as well who I gave props to way before the combine as the film should good enough. But Beckham Jr isn't even in the convo with those guys. He's on the level with Benjamin, Landry and Robinson. The main knock on him is not being number one material. Cook and Lee has the making while Beckham doesn't. He can't take over a game like those other guys. It would be more than a mistake to take that guy top 20. I like to see guy play at there best vs the top competition and in those cases Beckham was just another receiver. If we're talking 2nd round, that great value for any team but questionable when top 20 talk comes in play.

Lee is better prospect then Cook who in his own right is a stud as well who I gave props to way before the combine as the film should good enough. But Beckham Jr isn't even in the convo with those guys. He's on the level with Benjamin, Landry and Robinson. The main knock on him is not being number one material. Cook and Lee has the making while Beckham doesn't. He can't take over a game like those other guys. It would be more than a mistake to take that guy top 20. I like to see guy play at there best vs the top competition and in those cases Beckham was just another receiver. If we're talking 2nd round, that great value for any team but questionable when top 20 talk comes in play.

I agree but the fact that odell had cam cameron, I believe his nfl transition will be quick, better size than lee or cooks, more special team production, & he consistently is a good target.

Archived