Jags sign LB Jeremiah George off Jets PS

C Mart

Round 3 and 4 picks are both on IR.. can't grade the draft yet. I like the McDougle pick in particular. The tail ends were certainly dud-like, though.

No one but Crusher liked the McDougle pick before we started getting good reports about him in camp. Now coming off an ACL, we really don't know what -if anything- the team has there. Evans, otoh, at least looks like he was purposely stashed.

in Idzik we trust besides Pryor and Amaro....................we got NOTHING

Amaro is not good. Allen Robinson on the board. The Seahawks model requires drafting well. Idzik is looking awful right now...and will probably be forced to go full Tannenbaum this offseason.

In a deep draft, the Jets had 5 picks in rounds 3-5 this year. 1 has seen the field, 2 are on IR, another can't make the starting lineup behind 2 guards that have been playing like dogsh*t, and another got poached.

What. The. ****.

The poor drafting history is why the Jets aren't that good today. 2 #1 CBs on the roster yet we are weak at CB. Gholston,DuCasse,Hill we lack a pass rush our OL is weak and we suck at WR

In a deep draft, the Jets had 5 picks in rounds 3-5 this year. 1 has seen the field, 2 are on IR, another can't make the starting lineup behind 2 guards that have been playing like dogsh*t, and another got poached.

What. The. ****.

I like Idzik's process of building through the draft, but the guys we've picked aren't looking so hot.

Here's a question for people: how the **** are Bradway and Bauer still employed? Both have been here for a decade-plus, and throughout that decade, regardless of other changes in the FO and on the coaching staff, the strengths and weaknesses of the team have been basically constant.

Quite the draft we had.

This sentiment is fine, but this isn't exactly the place for it.  The fact that teams are signing our picks off the practice squad is a sign they are better than if they are just stashed there forever.  George and Dixon being on active rosters means maybe they were not as horrible picks as we thought. 

This sentiment is fine, but this isn't exactly the place for it. The fact that teams are signing our picks off the practice squad is a sign they are better than if they are just stashed there forever. George and Dixon being on active rosters means maybe they were not as horrible picks as we thought.

I would say this would be true if it weren't the Jacksonville Jaguars.

@RichCimini: Jaguars raid Jets' practice squad, sign 5th-round LB Jeremiah George, per @JGeorge52. #nyj

Smart move by the Jags. These guys are really doing some positive things out there in FLA. Bortles has been a sight to see, Allen Hurns has just come out of nowhere, Picking up George was a solid longterm move as I feel that could develop kinda like how Davis did for the Jets. 

The Jags my be my alternative team this year now that they decided to do the right thing and put Bortles in. Man how Bortles surprised me. I wasnt expecting that one. Bridgewater though is also looking the part, which doesnt surprise me. I thought he was the best QB coming out this year but Bortles may be changing minds. 

I like Idzik's process of building through the draft, but the guys we've picked aren't looking so hot.

Here's a question for people: how the **** are Bradway and Bauer still employed? Both have been here for a decade-plus, and throughout that decade, regardless of other changes in the FO and on the coaching staff, the strengths and weaknesses of the team have been basically constant.

I don't know what to think of Bradway. The only time he ha been in the news is when we were reading about him yelling at Tannenbaum to draft Revis and later on Russell Wilson.

The short answer is that scouting is not as easy as it sounds. They all have hits and misses. 

Bradway was a train wreck as a GM but actually is a talented scout. Most recently he was a key supporter of the MO Wilk pick (temple is in his backyard). He also found Revis when they needed a corner. 

The short answer is that scouting is not as easy as it sounds. They all have hits and misses. 

Bradway was a train wreck as a GM but actually is a talented scout. Most recently he was a key supporter of the MO Wilk pick (temple is in his backyard). He also found Revis when they needed a corner. 

Where was he on Kyle Wilson and Stephen Hill?

Bradway was a terrible GM for a lot of the reasons Tannenbaum was a terrible GM, but he actually hit on quite a few mid/late round picks. Really no sign of that so far from the new guy. Maybe it's just a matter of time? I certainly hope so.

Where was he on Kyle Wilson and Stephen Hill?

That's a fair point but if you are looking for a scout that gets them all right, you won't find any. Hitting a few times is pretty good. Revis was the best Jets draft pick since Joe Willy. He was also a key member of the Brick/Nick first round. 

When it's all said and done, Kyle Wilson will be like a Bryan Thomas type pick. Solid, has been playing for a while, not special. But not nearly has horrible as everyone says.

on the other hand Stephen Hill was an abortion.  So was Gholston. 

BTW Vlad is starting for the Vikings this week. He entered the game for an injured Brandon Fusco and proceeded to commit two penalties in a row.   :character0053:

Yeah first Dixon to Bears now this. I guess the picks weren't that bad?

Dixon is on the Bucs. 

Smart move by the Jags. These guys are really doing some positive things out there in FLA. Bortles has been a sight to see, Allen Hurns has just come out of nowhere, Picking up George was a solid longterm move as I feel that could develop kinda like how Davis did for the Jets. 

The Jags my be my alternative team this year now that they decided to do the right thing and put Bortles in. Man how Bortles surprised me. I wasnt expecting that one. Bridgewater though is also looking the part, which doesnt surprise me. I thought he was the best QB coming out this year but Bortles may be changing minds. 

There is a huge difference between Davis and George.  Davis can flat out run.  George is kind of a slug.  If he couldn't make it on specials I'm not sure what his role would be.  He didn't seem like a 3 down LB.  I'm not so sure what you mean about Bridgewater, but Bortles has looked interesting.

i think bradway was banging the drum for russell wilson also. oh the things that could've been.

Dixon is on the Bucs.

There is a huge difference between Davis and George. Davis can flat out run. George is kind of a slug. If he couldn't make it on specials I'm not sure what his role would be. He didn't seem like a 3 down LB. I'm not so sure what you mean about Bridgewater, but Bortles has looked interesting.

Correct, just saying two have been plucked. Dixon was awful the final PS game..

That's a fair point but if you are looking for a scout that gets them all right, you won't find any. Hitting a few times is pretty good. Revis was the best Jets draft pick since Joe Willy. He was also a key member of the Brick/Nick first round. 

When it's all said and done, Kyle Wilson will be like a Bryan Thomas type pick. Solid, has been playing for a while, not special. But not nearly has horrible as everyone says.

on the other hand Stephen Hill was an abortion.  So was Gholston. 

BTW Vlad is starting for the Vikings this week. He entered the game for an injured Brandon Fusco and proceeded to commit two penalties in a row.   :character0053:

I'm looking for a scout who doesn't regularly draft washouts like those mentioned above.

On the best day of his life, Kyle Wilson is not one-tenth the football player Bryan Thomas was.

Archived