Draft board watching

Jetsfan80

Projected draft board based primarily on record, net points, and divisional strength:

1.  Jaguars:  0-6 (- 104 net pts)

2.  Buccaneers:  1-5 (- 84)

3.  Raiders:  0-5 (- 55)

4.  Jets:  1-5 (- 62)

5.  Titans:  2-4 (- 49)

6.  Redskins:  1-5 (- 34)

7.  Vikings:  2-4 (- 39)

8.  Rams:  1-3 (- 35)

9.  Browns*

10.  Dolphins:  2-3 (- 4)

11.  Falcons:  2-4 (- 6)

12.  Saints:  2-3 (- 9)

13.  Steelers:  3-3 (- 15)

14.  Giants:  3-3 (- 5)

15.  Bears:  3-3 (- 1)

16.  Chiefs:  2-3 (+ 18)

17.  Texans:  3-3 (+ 12)

18.  49ers:  3-2 (+ 4)

19.  Browns:  3-2 (+ 19)

20.  Seahawks:  3-2 (+ 20)

21**.  Panthers:  3-2-1 (- 16)

22.  Bengals:  3-1-1 (+ 21)

23.  Packers:  4-2 (+ 31)

24.  Cardinals:  4-1 (+ 10)

25.  Patriots:  4-2 (+ 31)

26.  Cowboys:  5-1 (+ 39)

27.  Ravens:  4-2 (+ 67)

28.  Colts:  4-2 (+ 53)

29.  Lions:  4-2 (+ 34)

30.  Chargers:  5-1 (+ 91)

31.  Eagles:  5-1 (+ 51)

32.  Broncos:  4-1 (+ 104)

* = From Bills (3-3, - 8 net pts), Sammy Watkins trade

** = Picks 21-32 are projected playoff teams.  However, their order should not be taken as a serious prediction of playoff results.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most early mocks I look at have Leonard Williams, Cedric Ogbeuhi, Mariota, and Cooper in the top 4.

2 of which I think we need. We must lose out.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually rooting for the Dolphins, Pats and Bills to whip us. I feel like it'll be the type of catharsis necessary for everyone to truly be ready for a clean slate, with ALL new people in charge.

QB: Mariota or gtfo

#JustSayNoToJameis 

WR: do we dare take one in the top 10?!?!  Funchess, Cooper, DGB, Devante Parker all seem like they could be there.......

RB: Gurley worth a top 10 pick? maybe. 

Oline: Don't know enough about the big guys yet this year. have to think we address the line with a pick in first three rounds though

OLB: Randy Gregory would be a nice transition from C Pace

You know we're winning enough to miss out on the top 5.

Who's bumping us out?  Vikings look awful without AP so that's one, potentially.  Redskins perhaps.  I think the Ken Whisenhunt offense will be good enough to get the Titans to 5-6 wins when all is said and done.  The Raiders looked a lot more competent this week; Carr's development will be interesting.  And maybe even the Bucs wake up.

This isn't a year where you can say that Rex's defense is good enough for 3-4 wins on its own.  We're dreadful on that side of the ball. 

Can Mariota develop as an under center passer? That Oregon offense scares me. He's going to need a ton of work imo

that seems to be the big question. the tools are obviously there. easiest and most frequent comparison to him is Kaepernick. Kaep seems to be developing pretty nicely, so we'd have to hope for something similar with Marcus. 

at the end of the day, I wonder if the 2015 QB class is actually not very promising...... sigh 

that seems to be the big question. the tools are obviously there. easiest and most frequent comparison to him is Kaepernick. Kaep seems to be developing pretty nicely, so we'd have to hope for something similar with Marcus. 

at the end of the day, I wonder if the 2015 QB class is actually not very promising...... sigh 

Actually at this point in the season IMO there are 4 NFL quality QB's in this draft.

Winston

The Duck

Hundley

Cook

Think the Jets will be 6-10 this year.  I'm looking at Hundley and Cook

I dont see this class as being too strong QB wise. Maybe I'm crazy but I still think Geno could at least be serviceable with a better cast around him. I'm never opposed to drafting a quarterback who's cant miss or whatever...if Cooper or another stud skill guy is there early we have to take one.

How many QB's will this franchise go through before they actually commit to developing the entire offense? Manigni had the right idea with the oline, but the Jets have never fully committed to building an offense like they have with building a defense.

Who's bumping us out? Vikings look awful without AP so that's one, potentially. Redskins perhaps. I think the Ken Whisenhunt offense will be good enough to get the Titans to 5-6 wins when all is said and done. The Raiders looked a lot more competent this week; Carr's development will be interesting. And maybe even the Bucs wake up.

This isn't a year where you can say that Rex's defense is good enough for 3-4 wins on its own. We're dreadful on that side of the ball.

Who?

The devil.

Also, who's the blue chip tackle prospect...are there any? Fix the the offensive line and everything doesnt look awful.

lol I didn't see you just posted that also...I agree , nobody wants to draft lineman until you can't block anyone they make or break your whole team look at Dallas

lol I didn't see you just posted that also...I agree , nobody wants to draft lineman until you can't block anyone they make or break your whole team look at Dallas

Pretty much. I remember being so meh after the 06 draft but it was obviously necessary. sh*t, that's almost 10 years ago now...and we've pretty much ignored the line since then.

It's kind of hilarious that we are awful in the wrong year yet again. F'n A man.

I don't understand why so many people are down on Mariota. If he's properly developed (read: by someone other than Wrecks), he strikes me as a rich man's Kaepernick.

Also, who's the blue chip tackle prospect...are there any? Fix the the offensive line and everything doesnt look awful.

Andrus Peat of Stanford:

http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208167697

I don't understand why so many people are down on Mariota. If he's properly developed (read: by someone other than Wrecks), he strikes me as a rich man's Kaepernick.

Andrus Peat of Stanford:

http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208167697

A good coaching staff will get Mariota to play well, but I don't think his skills translate to everyone. He won't transcend a scuffling offensive coordinator at all. If the Jets hire Bevell, and Bevell implements that funky Seattle offense here, Mariota would be ideal. If they hire someone else (Dan Quinn?), they may as well draft Cook and try to play straight up.

A good coaching staff will get Mariota to play well, but I don't think his skills translate to everyone. He won't transcend a scuffling offensive coordinator at all. If the Jets hire Bevell, and Bevell implements that funky Seattle offense here, Mariota would be ideal. If they hire someone else (Dan Quinn?), they may as well draft Cook and try to play straight up.

I don't like what I've seen from Cook at all. Maybe it's the fact that the last time I watched him he went something like 11 for 29, but I'm not sold on him. Mariota's the only QB in this class I'm comfortable taking early (Winston's got the talent, but I'm not giving that skell the keys to the franchise), and if we can't get him I'd rather just sign Hoyer in FA and use our 1st on a stud LT like Peat and focus on rebuilding the OL like Dallas did.

The real interesting question about Mariota is whether MM is here or gone. I dont want to sit and watch another QB from a spread offense learn the idiotic, outdated west coast offense.

I can't imagine he survives a purge if this season plays out the way I anticipate it to.

I don't like what I've seen from Cook at all. Maybe it's the fact that the last time I watched him he went something like 11 for 29, but I'm not sold on him. Mariota's the only QB in this class I'm comfortable taking early (Winston's got the talent, but I'm not giving that skell the keys to the franchise), and if we can't get him I'd rather just sign Hoyer in FA and use our 1st on a stud LT like Peat and focus on rebuilding the OL like Dallas did.

I can't imagine he survives a purge if this season plays out the way I anticipate it to.

What was your old username?

Most early mocks I look at have Leonard Williams, Cedric Ogbeuhi, Mariota, and Cooper in the top 4.

2 of which I think we need. We must lose out.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually rooting for the Dolphins, Pats and Bills to whip us. I feel like it'll be the type of catharsis necessary for everyone to truly be ready for a clean slate, with ALL new people in charge.

We go 1-15 its a win win ...we get a top 2 draft pick and most likely get the GM and Head Coach fired. What top notch GM would turn down a top pick which would be his QB and 40 + mil in cap space in a NY market

Archived