Titans content with Mettenberger per Mortensen

Gastineau Lives

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9379/zach-mettenberger

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Sunday Countdown that the Titans are "content with Zach Mettenberger" and do not feel urgency to use a high draft pick on a quarterback.

Mettenberger played reasonably well in his 2014 opportunities, but it's still a surprise whenever a team would feel "content" with a sixth-round quarterback. It is incredibly, incredibly rare that sixth-round quarterbacks become franchise signal callers. Mettenberger does possess some of the traits teams look for: Ideal size and arm strength, and composure in the pocket.

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE.

Agree it's probably a BS report but would be great. Them bringing in Cutler would be nice - he did play college ball in Nashville so that's the connection. 

And it's definitely really early to predict any draft stuff. Around this time last year everybody was on the Bridgewater train, he ended up going late first. Things are going to look a lot different in a few months when info from the real scouts comes out instead of predictions from armchair guys. Plus Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Days will make a little impact here and there.

Agree it's probably a BS report but would be great. Them bringing in Cutler would be nice - he did play college ball in Nashville so that's the connection. 

And it's definitely really early to predict any draft stuff. Around this time last year everybody was on the Bridgewater train, he ended up going late first. Things are going to look a lot different in a few months when info from the real scouts comes out instead of predictions from armchair guys. Plus Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Days will make a little impact here and there.

I agree. Way too early to tell. Guys like Big Ben, Tannehill were not even heard of at this point in the process. Fun to talk about - but still way too early.

of course you say that

this way you make teams think you can either take a player or trade out, you are happy either way, so the price needs to be right to get the pick

Yeah, all this report tells me is that Tennessee will be shopping their pick.

The Jets need to trade whatever it takes to get Mariota. This will happen our new GM will want to make a splash that could be the franchise QB of the future here. Book it.

Last year the Jets needed to trade whatever it took to get Manziel. And trade into the top 3-5 to do so, which would have meant 3 #1 picks given our starting draft slot. 

We'll see. 

Last year the Jets needed to trade whatever it took to get Manziel. And trade into the top 3-5 to do so, which would have meant 3 #1 picks given our starting draft slot. 

We'll see. 

Every year it's the same thing fans just know how the draft will go and what player will be great.. :animal0029:

Yes, but with each pick 5...6...7..10... "COME ON YOU IDZIOT TRADE UP!1!11!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!1!"

Lol. Manziel may end up fine in the end. I just find it all kind of funny right now.

Manziel comes from a well off family I doubt if he lasts 3 seasons.. He doesn't have the dedication it takes to succeed IMO..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9379/zach-mettenberger

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Sunday Countdown that the Titans are "content with Zach Mettenberger" and do not feel urgency to use a high draft pick on a quarterback.

Mettenberger played reasonably well in his 2014 opportunities, but it's still a surprise whenever a team would feel "content" with a sixth-round quarterback. It is incredibly, incredibly rare that sixth-round quarterbacks become franchise signal callers. Mettenberger does possess some of the traits teams look for: Ideal size and arm strength, and composure in the pocket.

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE.

I know, The jets shot them selves in the foot. At #4 the jets could have traded up and Tenn would have been assured of Cooper, Williams or Gregory at #4

of course you say that

this way you make teams think you can either take a player or trade out, you are happy either way, so the price needs to be right to get the pick

This.

I have no doubt they like Mettenberger because he did show potential, but a lot of his numbers came after falling down by a lot. 

Now, it is not all his fault, but it is partially.

With as many holes as they have, I am sure they will listen to offers especially if they guy they want is not at 2.

Archived