Would you sign Marshawn Lynch if possible?

Jetster

Just throwing it out there.

28 years old.

Jets aren't gonna win just throwing the ball, we have to protect whoever the QB is with a great running game.

Without a franchise QB you have to win with a balanced offense.

Lynch & Ivory?

It would prolong his career.

Sign Iupati...draft whichever top WR drops to 6.

Jets successful seasons have always been with a great running game & defense.

The difference in 2015 could be having a good WR core to Decker-Cooper?-Kerley-Amaro

Just curious what other Jet fans think about it though I'm just throwing it out there.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be 29 in a couple of months and has openly talked of retirement the past two years.

Money would be the only motivating factor to make him come here(i.e. we'd have to VASTLY overpay him).

No.

How about Demarco Murray?

I am not one of the never pay an RB guys, but still...

Why do we look to upgrade our strengths with guys like Suh, Lynch and Murray? First we should fill our holes.  CB, ILB (Harris will probably walk), OLB (Babin and Pace are old, Coples not a true LB), WR (pretty big hole if they don't retain Harvin), TE (probably only one decent NFL player on the roster) G-T (I see Iupati listed, that is a pretty good start).  I leave QB off because it is so obvious, but something has to be done there. 

No, we already have a Lynch type of back in Ivory.  We should add a RB who is the opposite of

Ivory this off-season.  Whether it's through free agency (Spiller?) or the draft we should be adding

a speed back with good hands

Are you guys serious?  Why would you not want the best back in Football?

This team is devoid and talent and you're going to turn him down...We're going to have to overpay if we want to get real talent in here.

I love Ivory but they're on two very different levels.

He's not leaving Seattle anyway

Just throwing it out there.

28 years old.

Jets aren't gonna win just throwing the ball, we have to protect whoever the QB is with a great running game.

Without a franchise QB you have to win with a balanced offense.

Lynch & Ivory?

It would prolong his career.

Sign Iupati...draft whichever top WR drops to 6.

Jets successful seasons have always been with a great running game & defense.

The difference in 2015 could be having a good WR core to Decker-Cooper?-Kerley-Amaro

Just curious what other Jet fans think about it though I'm just throwing it out there.

Do you follow the nfl outside of the jets? Just askin cause Seattle has already offered Lynch a raise for 2015 but it's Lynch who is contemplating retirement and hasn't decided if he wants to keep playing.

So how is he coming to the jets?

I am not one of the never pay an RB guys, but still...

Why do we look to upgrade our strengths with guys like Suh, Lynch and Murray? First we should fill our holes.  CB, ILB (Harris will probably walk), OLB (Babin and Pace are old, Coples not a true LB), WR (pretty big hole if they don't retain Harvin), TE (probably only one decent NFL player on the roster) G-T (I see Iupati listed, that is a pretty good start).  I leave QB off because it is so obvious, but something has to be done there. 

A lot of tread off the tire, and you just never knbow when the RB will go over the cliff

A lot of tread off the tire, and you just never knbow when the RB will go over the cliff

He would split carries with Ivory. He currently gets 25+ per game in Seattle here he would get 10-15 - that by itself would extend his career another 2-3 years.

Lynch is the best back in the game and even does damage as a receiver. He has made Wilson a better player and would make whoever is our qb even Geno would be better.

Yes. Period. Anyone who disagrees should stop being a Jet fan. 3-4 year deal is fine.

Why pay a 29 year old RB who runs the way he does, upwards of 10 mil a year for 3 or 4 years, while the Jets have glaring holes at QB,WR,OL,OLB,ILB,CB,S? I'm not saying to not upgrade the RB position because I'm one of the few on this board that isn't content with Ivory and Powell. But do it through the draft. Don't blow a load on an old RB who's a clown and has considered retirement.

Serious question: Every NFL player is declared a FA and there is a draft tomorrow, do you honestly believe that Lynch is going in the top 10?

Yes, meanwhile the guy we're supposed to sink another $12 mil in cap room even though he's still under contract might be taken #50 or #51

Why pay a 29 year old RB who runs the way he does, upwards of 10 mil a year for 3 or 4 years, while the Jets have glaring holes at QB,WR,OL,OLB,ILB,CB,S? I'm not saying to not upgrade the RB position because I'm one of the few on this board that isn't content with Ivory and Powell. But do it through the draft. Don't blow a load on an old RB who's a clown and has considered retirement.

Because you can plug all those holes and still sign lynch and btw Wilkerson still has to be in a jet uniform next 2 seasons anyway.

Seattle isn't good at the WR and TE position. Only reason Kearse gets open on those deep routes for Wilson is because defenses put 8 in the box to stop Lynch.

This is such a no-brainer. Of course you get him if you can.

I also don't understand this 'mix it up' regarding RB styles. I'm not sure of you guys understand how much it hurts to tackle Ivory. Now add a better version of him to the mix.

This is such a no-brainer. Of course you get him if you can.

I also don't understand this 'mix it up' regarding RB styles. I'm not sure of you guys understand how much it hurts to tackle Ivory. Now add a better version of him to the mix.

Nah man Lynch is a head case. Eats too much skittles.

We need more hard working guys like Eric Smith and Tim Tebow

Because you can plug all those holes and still sign lynch and btw Wilkerson still has to be in a jet uniform next 2 seasons anyway.

Seattle isn't good at the WR and TE position. Only reason Kearse gets open on those deep routes for Wilson is because defenses put 8 in the box to stop Lynch.

Just seems like a waste of money. If it isn't a long term option or a stop gap, I don't see the point in signing an older player. The reason Kearse puts up the numbers he does is because Wilson puts the ball in a really nice spot for him to make a play. You can't plug all those holes and sign lynch, unless you're talking about Babin playing OLB and Winters and Aboushi as your guards. Lynch would be great for a team with a closing window, (Broncos), not a team who is basically in rebuilding mode.

What you mean like in 2017 after his contract expires and we tag him for a year? Real urgent stuff man.

Yep.  No grasp.  Wilkerson is a FA after 2015.  The people saying we could lock him up through 2017 are talking about franchising him.  That number will be around $15M for 2015.  It will go up in 2016.  To do that you are talking about paying him approximately $22M for 2015 and 2016, while I am talking about locking him up for around $10M per.  I never said locking him up was urgent, but it is certainly higher up the to do list than signing a(nother) 29 year old RB.

Do you follow the nfl outside of the jets? Just askin cause Seattle has already offered Lynch a raise for 2015 but it's Lynch who is contemplating retirement and hasn't decided if he wants to keep playing.

So how is he coming to the jets?

They haven't offered anything but a reduction! Have you been paying attention?

He has not been offered a raise.

Archived