greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

762 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2017 at 9:19 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Season two is out. And it's fantastically done. 

Watched episode one ,"The Thief", last night.  Very well conceived and executed.  The little Italian kid is hilarious.

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Watched episode one ,"The Thief", last night.  Very well conceived and executed.  The little Italian kid is hilarious.

The best episodes for me were New York I Love You and Thanksgiving. 

better call saul was pretty good last night. first appearance of the saul character

Is anyone watching "American Gods"?

It's kind of slow building and there is a certain scene with 2 muslim guys that I wish I never saw, but it is a really interesting and different idea than anything I've ever seen done before. I'm hoping it gets better, fast.

Started watching "Genius" yesterday.  Excellent.  And who the heck knew Einstein was such a ladies' man? 

On 5/16/2017 at 9:56 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

The best episodes for me were New York I Love You and Thanksgiving. 

The Thanksgiving episode is a true TV classic.  Loved it and the NY episode, too.

Dark Crystal Prequel

Bloodline season 3 is on Netflix.  I dont know but I love this show...

I think it's because I often dream about killing my friends and stuff. It's weird.  In my dreams, I kill all my close friends and then end up killing more of them in a cover up.  So Bloodline like. 

So Bloodline got really weird and bizarre but I loved it.  Great ending IMO. 

On 5/17/2017 at 11:42 PM, Lil Woody said:

Is anyone watching "American Gods"?

It's kind of slow building and there is a certain scene with 2 muslim guys that I wish I never saw, but it is a really interesting and different idea than anything I've ever seen done before. I'm hoping it gets better, fast.

Watching because I could watch Ian McShane read the phone book, but ...not entirely sure where it's going. Several intercut scenes that aren't really related to the narrative-the Indians, the salve ship, Jesus. Not sure if it's such a big story that will connect later or if  they had doubts about the narrative. 

I think the problem with this season of Fargo is that seasons 1 and 2 were just preposterously good. This season was excellent, but there is no way it lived up to the previous 2. For me, what made the first 2 seasons special, especially season 2, were all the quirky connections between the seasons and the movie. Season 3 only had that one little connection, and while it was cool it wasn't enough, not to mention that they made us wait like 6-7 episodes for it. I really hope they go back to some of the older threads in season 4. Maybe they weave Varga into things in some strange way too, who knows. But S3 wasn't strange enough and that's the thing that made Fargo probably the best non-GoT show up till this year.

Really enjoyed Cardinal, had kind of a Broadchurch vibe. 

Also, stay away from Outsiders, although it was cool to see Opie again. 

Finished Terriers on Netflix. Only one season but it was very good. Weird they cancelled it. 

Watching Criminal minds now. I know it's old but never watched it. I really enjoy it. 

for those of you watching Twin Peaks tonight: WTF was that?  David Lynch is a lunatic. :blink:

Anybody watching Marvel's "Iron Fist" on Netflix?  Caught first two episodes last night.  Thought it was very good.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

hahahahaha - just wait.  It's probably one of the worst show netflix has ever produced. 

Oh, fuk.  I gets bad?  Damn it.  Started out interesting.   I'll watch the rest and post an opinion.   Thanks JiF.

Anyone ever watch the following on Netflix? Thoughts?

I was going to start watching Supernatural with my daughters....but holy ****. I had not realized....12 seasons of 22 episodes each? Holy sh*t man.

Also Black Mirror? 

Sense8?

On 6/28/2017 at 7:25 AM, munchmemory said:

Anybody watching Marvel's "Iron Fist" on Netflix?  Caught first two episodes last night.  Thought it was very good.

It starts good.

Then, it keeps going.   And gets not so good.

2 hours ago, Fishooked said:

Anyone ever watch the following on Netflix? Thoughts?

I was going to start watching Supernatural with my daughters....but holy ****. I had not realized....12 seasons of 22 episodes each? Holy sh*t man.

Also Black Mirror? 

Sense8?

I'm watching Lost with my 14 year old.   He LOVES it.

Almost done with Justified, just 2 episodes left.   Such a great show.   Really, the 2 main characters would have been perfect for the Dark Tower.

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

It starts good.

Then, it keeps going.   And gets not so good.

Watched episode three last night.  Still good.  Now, my whole family is waiting for the floor to fall out.  lol

Hey, maybe I dig the show because I have developed a crush on Jessica Henwick (the show's Colleen Wing).  

giphy.gif

On 6/28/2017 at 8:30 AM, JiF said:

hahahahaha - just wait.  It's probably one of the worst show netflix has ever produced. 

have to agree.  So sad.  Sure hope the "The Defenders" doesn't suck.

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

have to agree.  So sad.  Sure hope the "The Defenders" doesn't suck.

I was super excited for it but Iron Fist definitely worries me.  I mean, what a terrible character and actor choice.  So dumb.

That said, I still have high hopes for The Defenders.