TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

21 hours ago, Larz said:

Ok so I watched the office back in the day and I remember some of it but OHMYGOD 

thank god for Netflix, that show is amazeballs and Steven Carrell as Michael is just genius. The subtle eye movements and gestures, it's just brilliant 

I watch the first 2 seasons in about 2 weeks and it's just soooooooo good 

IMHO, it's a crime he never won the emmy for lead actor in a comedy

• Post of the Week 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, Larz said:

Ok so I watched the office back in the day and I remember some of it but OHMYGOD 

thank god for Netflix, that show is amazeballs and Steven Carrell as Michael is just genius. The subtle eye movements and gestures, it's just brilliant 

I watch the first 2 seasons in about 2 weeks and it's just soooooooo good 

So liked the English version that even though Gervais had a significant role in the American one never really watched it much. Not knocking it, simply thought there was no way Gervais could top himself. Though lots of people do like it. There is a much darker element to David Brent than Michael/Carrell. 

On 7/14/2018 at 9:04 PM, Bugg said:

So liked the English version that even though Gervais had a significant role in the American one never really watched it much. Not knocking it, simply thought there was no way Gervais could top himself. Though lots of people do like it. There is a much darker element to David Brent than Michael/Carrell. 

The smarminess of David Brent can never be topped.  I like the American version of The Office.   But the never ending idiocy/darkness of the British original is just phenomenal.  If you can stand the constant cringing, that is. 

Go to about 2:45 when David claims he's just as good a dancer.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Anyone watching, The Sinner on Netflix, with Jessica Biel? She hasnt aged well but wow, what a ******* intense dark show.

Watched it when it aired on USA. Just the first episode was intense AF. Never saw the previews so wasn't expecting that part at the beach. Rest of the series is just as good and intense. 

Anyone watching Sharp Objects that started on HBO?? It sort of has that Sinner vibe but 2 episodes in and I don't know how I feel about it. I'm curious what's going on but it's a bit slow.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Wait, is this your first time through the series?

Yeah I watched it some on the original run but probably only a dozen episodes. 

I knew the characters, basic plot but had no idea how consistently funny it is. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yeah I watched it some on the original run but probably only a dozen episodes. 

I knew the characters, basic plot but had no idea how consistently funny it is. 

Gotcha.

The show premiered my senior year of high school, and it carried me all the way through college and my first job post college. One of my favorite shows.

I'm convinced that Steve Carrel worked for my boss at one of my internships, and modeled Michael Scott directly after him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2018 at 12:29 PM, Bugg said:

Episode when they show how Mike became who he is, from a Philly cop, to murderous fixer in NM, was the best episode of either show. 

Finally got around to watching BB.  Am about 10 episodes away from the finale.  Just absolutely love the series.   Can't wait to now embark on Better Call Saul, who along with Mike, Gus, Jesse and Walt are some of the best characters ever put on screen.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/6/2018 at 8:27 PM, Integrity28 said:

First episode of Succession was great. Psychological warfare. Great dialogue and nuance. 

I have it DVR'd but haven't started it and avoided reading anything about it with the unrealistic idea I would find the time to watch it.  Thinking about doing a Succession binge.  Worth the time?  Yay or nay?  What say thee?  I need to clear some space  for football season.  I try to tape whoever the next 2 or 3 Jets opponents will be. Even if I trash it  can always get it on demand from HBO anyway, right?

I've officially given up on Westworld.  It's too much.  I have no clue WTF is going on and the second I think I do, it all flips upside down again.  The first season it was intriguing, this season it's just too much and frustrating and work track/conversation in this season is just mind numbing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Watched the last two episodes last night.  W...O...W.   I tip my hat to Vince Gilligan for giving us a phenomenal ending/goodbye to the characters and his brilliant story. Never have I wanted to see a POS like Todd (along with the rest of the scumbags in that group) so appropriately "dealt with".

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Watched the last two episodes last night.  W...O...W.   I tip my hat to Vince Gilligan for giving us a phenomenal ending/goodbye to the characters and his brilliant story. Never have I wanted to see a POS like Todd (along with the rest of the scumbags in that group) so appropriately "dealt with".

I have NEVER seen breaking bad. Im afraid to get hooked and spend so much time in front of a TV.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:50 PM, munchmemory said:

Finally got around to watching BB.  Am about 10 episodes away from the finale.  Just absolutely love the series.   Can't wait to now embark on Better Call Saul, who along with Mike, Gus, Jesse and Walt are some of the best characters ever put on screen.

Better call Saul is VERY entertaining. FULLY enjoyed it!  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I have NEVER seen breaking bad. Im afraid to get hooked and spend so much time in front of a TV.

You will appreciate it even more as you know the characters from Better Call Saul.  And you will definitely get hooked on BB. 

37 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Better call Saul is VERY entertaining. FULLY enjoyed it!  

Next in the queue starting this weekend.  Will be interesting to see the backstory of Saul, Mike and Gus.

Also Gilligan recently said he'd be interested in exploring another spinoff series when Saul concludes. What would make sense? A post-BB Jesse Pinkman series or a prequel Salamanca series? Mike back in his Philly days? Who knows. All I know is I'm hoping that when Saul concludes after season 5, they sit back and come up with something else. Gilligan and this world are too good to say goodbye to.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Perfect Saul premier. That scene where Mike was in the office break room might be my favorite Mike scene ever. I was dying when he signed the card.

Mike deciding to take the fake job seriously is brilliant. It's that type of writing that separates this entire universe apart from everything else.

Just finished "Five-O" from season one.  What an incredible acting job by Jonathan Banks as Mike (this guy has acting chops out the wazoo).  Might be one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen.  Beautifully written and executed.