The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

Very nice of you, but there's no happy ending to all of this for Bills fans, I'm afraid.  Until Rex gets fired 3-4 years from now, that is.

But they'll have a lot of the "nobody wants to play us" type quotes to fondly remember.  

And ownership will have pocketed the extra ST money he drummed up initially 

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of sports today, players are going to get cut, especially if cap money is involved.  Would be nice if only the players we don't care about got cut but it doesn't work that way.  I feel for you but nothing you can do 

I agree Jet Nut.  I thik it was more than money though.  They didn't even approach him about revising his contract.  If they did,  I think he would still be here.  I am pretty sure Whaley wanted him gone right along.  Rex may have wanted the same.  Don't really know.  I'll feel much better when and if he lands on a good team (like the Seahawks).  

I agree Jet Nut.  I thik it was more than money though.  They didn't even approach him about revising his contract.  If they did,  I think he would still be here.  I am pretty sure Whaley wanted him gone right along.  Rex may have wanted the same.  Don't really know.  I'll feel much better when and if he lands on a good team (like the Seahawks).  

agree, didn't mean to make it sound like it was a total salary dump.  They just liked he younger backs better moving forward.  You never know what the reasoning was, there can be a lot more of them when the talent level or the contributions start to fall

agree, didn't mean to make it sound like it was a total salary dump.  They just liked he younger backs better moving forward.  You never know what the reasoning was, there can be a lot more of them when the talent level or the contributions start to fall

Jackson will land on his feet.  He'll hook up with another team

rex has learned a lot guys.  he had a playoff team in '09 and went with an inexperienced young QB to start

this year he has a playoff team and he went with cassel

smart move

Taylor is the starting QB.  Wouldn't be surprised if Cassel is let go.

Taylor is the starting QB.  Wouldn't be surprised if Cassel is let go.

that was my point, lol

simms will be the 3rd QB, so I'm sure they are trying to trade cassell or manuel right now.  everyone knows they will have to waive one of them so they will get nothing for them

shrewd QB whisperer that rex ryan, lol

Here's the link about Taylor as Bills' starting QB

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/31/bills-go-bold-at-qb-choose-tyrod-taylor-as-the-starter/

speculation about Cassel getting cut.  I tend to agree.  

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/02/nfl-personnel-people-expect-bills-to-cut-cassel/

He looked very solid against Pittsburgh.   Surprised this was announced so early.  speculation was it was to be kept quiet so Colts wouldn't have a lot of time to prepare.

Maybe Rex didn't attend the offensive meeting. ?

He looked very solid against Pittsburgh.   Surprised this was announced so early.  speculation was it was to be kept quiet so Colts wouldn't have a lot of time to prepare.

I consider Cassel  step below Orton.   Seems like  EJ keeps getting better and better

hmm,  i don't know.  No big deal if he stays or leaves.  Nice guy but I think EJ plays much better at QB

jets had to cough up a pick for the beard.  bills are going to get nothing for cassel or manuel.  

taylor is ravens garbage re-branded as the next kyle wilson.  dude is like 26 years old and still hasn't thrown a TD in the NFL

lol

jets had to cough up a pick for the beard.  bills are going to get nothing for cassel or manuel.  

taylor is ravens garbage re-branded as the next kyle wilson.  dude is like 26 years old and still hasn't thrown a TD in the NFL

lol

Does he have the finger wag down?

The rumor here is that they announced the starting QB to ease the disappointment (on behalf of fans) about the announcement of Fred Jackson.

No WAY 

After the Bills cut running back Fred Jackson this week, Tim Graham of the Buffalo Newsreported that General Manager Doug Whaley “went rogue” on the decision to part ways with the longtime member of the team and never entertained the idea of a pay cut that would have made Jackson a more affordable piece for the team to hold onto going into the season.

On Thursday, Whaley answered questions about that report. He said the decision to release Jackson “wasn’t an easy one” and that it wasn’t one that he made by breaking off from the rest of the organization.

“Let’s put it this way,” Whaley said, via the Buffalo News. “I gather information from everybody, from the running backs coach to the offensive coordinator to the head coach and the owners. I wouldn’t be in this position — especially with new ownership — I’m going to include them. That’s my boss. We wouldn’t make a decision without them.”

Whaley said coach Rex Ryan was with him when they informed Jackson of his release, but declined to delve into the reasons behind the decision other than saying it was one the team felt it “had to make.”

Jackson, who accused Whaley of being dishonest with him about his status on the team, visited with the Seahawks this week, but hasn’t signed a contract in Seattle or anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Shady tweaked his hamstring again in practice this week, yet the Bills are likely still sending him out there this week.  Yep, that's exactly how you handle that situation.  Here's what Anthony Lynn said:

Bills running back coach Anthony Lynn seemed to indicated McCoy (hamstring) will be able to play this week against the Patriots, Tyler Dunne of The Buffalo News reports. Said Lynn, "When we get him going, we know what he can do. ... It's still a little sore, but he'll be fine."  Lynn also said they may have pushed McCoy too hard in the first week following several weeks on the shelf.

Regarding the bold.....ya think, Coach Lynn?  17 carries and 3 catches out of the backfield on a bum hamstring last week.  They're gonna destroy him.

Shady tweaked his hamstring again in practice this week, yet the Bills are likely still sending him out there this week.  Yep, that's exactly how you handle that situation.  Here's what Anthony Lynn said:

Regarding the bold.....ya think, Coach Lynn?  17 carries and 3 catches out of the backfield on a bum hamstring last week.  They're gonna destroy him.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do with overpriced running backs?

Isn't that what you are supposed to do with overpriced running backs?

Not sure if you're joking or not but no, its not.  This is Week 2 and the coaching staff is treating the game like its the playoffs.  And its counterproductive on top of that.  Shady had one of the worst games of his career last week on that bum hamstring.  Shut him down for at least a week and let him get fully healed.  Otherwise this will be a lingering problem for a large chunk of the season. 

But hey, I have no problem with them ruining their biggest offseason acquisition this early in the season.  It'll be that much easier to write them off as a Wild Card contender.

Not sure if you're joking or not but no, its not.  This is Week 2 and the coaching staff is treating the game like its the playoffs.  And its counterproductive on top of that.  Shady had one of the worst games of his career last week on that bum hamstring.  Shut him down for at least a week and let him get fully healed.  Otherwise this will be a lingering problem for a large chunk of the season. 

But hey, I have no problem with them ruining their biggest offseason acquisition this early in the season.  It'll be that much easier to write them off as a Wild Card contender.

Maybe they aren't going to play him and Rex is just making sure that Belichick accounts for McCoy during practice.  Nah, only clever guys like Mangini do that.

Not at all worried about  the freaking Bills, its the Dolphins that will pose a greater threat. I can see them giving the Pats a run for the division.

Tannehill is a choker par excellence and the Bills have the gigantic anchor for the prevention of winning in Rex Ryan. I do hope Buffalo beats NE this week. As I have said often, I have 2 favorite teams, the Jets and ANYBODY that beats the Patriots. If the Bills don't beat them I hope at least they fracture a few of "exonerated" Tom Brady's bones.

Archived