This will be Tom Brady's last year. (My theory on defategate)

Villain The Foe

If this heads to court this will go through the entire season and I believe that if this occurs Tom Brady will play the entire season. The NFL will most likely win this case and if they do they will then move the four game suspension to next season in which Tom Brady will then retire after this season and will NOT serve this suspension. With that said, the suspension will not be reflected on his career and with that deflategate will be deemed irrelevant. 

The good news, this will be Tom Brady and possibly Bill Belichick's last year in the NFL. 

What you say could be true. But then it all comes down to whether an injunction is granted. If it isn't, who cares who wins this case once the suspension has already been served? It is comforting to know that several legal experts have commented they believe an injunction is unlikely. (Aside: Check spelling in thread title.)

Deemed irrelevant by whom?  I don't see any way this happens unless his play falls off substantially this year or he suffers a major injury.

The NFL. 

This is as bad of a reflection on the NFL as it is on Brady/Patriots. What I mean is, if Brady is able to play the full season because this goes to court and the NFL wins and he decides to retire, what group of NFL talking heads are going to bring this up afterwards? More importantly, when Brady is eligible for the HOF in 5 years the NFL will praise him all the way to Canton. 

If Brady falls apart like you said above it would actually give the scandal life becaue people will further speculate that this why he's been good. If Brady goes through the year and performs well and then heads off into the sunset the next time Brady headlines for the NFL in 5 years no one is going to bring up or care about deflategate outside of teams impacted, the division he played in and the fans who know better. As an organization, the NFL will make all efforts to put it to bed...willingly. Like burning tapes as they did a decade ago. 

If this heads to court this will go through the entire season and I believe that if this occurs Tom Brady will play the entire season. The NFL will most likely win this case and if they do they will then move the four game suspension to next season in which Tom Brady will then retire after this season and will NOT serve this suspension. With that said, the suspension will not be reflected on his career and with that deflategate will be deemed irrelevant. 

The good news, this will be Tom Brady and possibly Bill Belichick's last year in the NFL. 

If the suspension is upheld or even if its reduced the suspension is going to happen this season, not next.  Not a chance its being pushed to 2016.

And Brady has already said he's playing to 45+, he's not retiring, don't get your hopes up. 

If the suspension is upheld or even if its reduced the suspension is going to happen this season, not next.  Not a chance its being pushed to 2016.

And Brady has already said he's playing to 45+, he's not retiring, don't get your hopes up. 

His wife retired from modeling this past year I doubt if he plays too much longer..

The NFL. 

This is as bad of a reflection on the NFL as it is on Brady/Patriots. What I mean is, if Brady is able to play the full season because this goes to court and the NFL wins and he decides to retire, what group of NFL talking heads are going to bring this up afterwards? More importantly, when Brady is eligible for the HOF in 5 years the NFL will praise him all the way to Canton. 

If Brady falls apart like you said above it would actually give the scandal life becaue people will further speculate that this why he's been good. If Brady goes through the year and performs well and then heads off into the sunset the next time Brady headlines for the NFL in 5 years no one is going to bring up or care about deflategate outside of teams impacted, the division he played in and the fans who know better. As an organization, the NFL will make all efforts to put it to bed...willingly. Like burning tapes as they did a decade ago. 

Nobody will forget about this whole fuss, whether he serves his suspension or not.  He will still be a first-ballot HOFer, but nobody's going to forget about this just because he was able to drag out a court proceeding long enough to avoid serving his suspension.  Nobody is going to forget about it, IMHO, even if he wins his case in federal court because all that will prove is that he wasn't given his due process -- not that he didn't cheat.

Nobody will forget about this whole fuss, whether he serves his suspension or not.  He will still be a first-ballot HOFer, but nobody's going to forget about this just because he was able to drag out a court proceeding long enough to avoid serving his suspension.  Nobody is going to forget about it, IMHO, even if he wins his case in federal court because all that will prove is that he wasn't given his due process -- not that he didn't cheat.

People dont have to forget for it to be pushed under the rug. 

His wife retired from modeling this past year I doubt if he plays too much longer..

Yeah, she made more per than he did.  But most of her money came from endorsements, not from modeling gigs.  She has lots of profitable business overseas, she's still going to bring in big bucs and she'll still be busy.  Don't think it will effect his decision

Yeah, she made more per than he did.  But most of her money came from endorsements, not from modeling gigs.  She has lots of profitable business overseas, she's still going to bring in big bucs and she'll still be busy.  Don't think it will effect his decision

He may rethink his career after the Jets,Bills and the Fins D get hold of him this season..LOL

Brady and the PATS will forever be stained from this and spy gate no matter what happens in court. Even their behavior in the Ravens play-off game will forever be noted as the cause for rule changes.

The White Sox scandal, Pete Rose betting on baseball, Clemens, Andy Pettite, Bonds, Sosa, Big Mac, ARod,  and the *PATS......get used to the fact that they will all be remembered with an * or footnote noting their cheating.

Haven't read through the thread yet but if it hasn't been addressed, I'm pretty sure Tom Brady will be ineligible for the HOF if he retires without serving his punishment.

Archived