Jets seek historic first win over Chip Kelly's lowly Eagles ~ ~ ~

kelly

Ten things to know about the Philadelphia Eagles, the New York Jets' opponent on Sunday at MetLife Stadium:

1. File this under "all-time quirky stats." The Jets have never -- repeat, never -- defeated the Eagles in a regular-season game. The mark is 0-9, the last loss coming in 2011 -- the 45-19 blowout in which Santonio Holmes made a fool of himself by flapping his arms like an eagle after a meaningless touchdown. So, yeah, the Jets could make history this week. The Eagles are the only team they've never beaten.

2. The underachieving Eagles could be facing more scrutiny this week than any team in the league. They were positively dreadful in a 20-10 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, falling to 0-2 for the first time since 2007. Fans and media in Philly still are trying to figure out of Chip Kelly is a used-car salesman or a genius whose handiwork has yet to take shape. Right now, it's looking like the former. He ripped apart the roster in the offseason, unloading running back LeSean McCoy, quarterback Nick Foles, key offensive linemen and others. Angry Eagles fans (are there any other kind?) will note that Kelly has dropped five of his last six regular-season games, dating to last December's collapse.

3. The Jets are on some kind of roll, as they will face yet another opponent dealing with some degree of turmoil. Previously, they faced the Cleveland Browns (suspended offensive-line coach) and the Indianapolis Colts (reported rift between the coach and general manager). Didn't the Jets used to be these teams?

4. Journalists don't root for teams, but we do root for storylines. That said, wouldn't it be cool if Mark Sanchez gets a chance to face his former team? Kelly is sticking with Sam Bradford for now, but you have to think he'd go to the bullpen if the offense continues to sputter. Sanchez was supposed to lead the Jets for more than decade, but stuff happened, including a senseless shoulder injury in a meaningless preseason game (August, 2013). His starting record was 4-4 for the Eagles last season (88.4 passer rating), as he played well enough to survive the Kelly purge. He signed a two-year, $9 million contract, but was passed over for the starting job when Kelly traded for Bradford. Even if Sanchez doesn't play, it'll be weird seeing him on the opposite sideline. His successor, Geno Smith, also will be on the sideline, making it doubly weird.

5. Bradford looked hopeless against the Cowboys. He threw two interceptions, missed open receivers and finished with a 5.3 QBR, which pretty much says it all. Get this: He didn't complete a pass thrown more than one yard past the line of scrimmage until the second half, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The Eagles had only 21 total yards in the first half, their lowest since 1994. And to think, Kelly is supposed to be an offensive whiz. He gave Bradford a vote of confidence, but what did you expect him to say? It would've been a self-indictment if he had benched Bradford after only two games.

6. DeMarco Murray has been one of the biggest disappointments in the league. After trading McCoy, the Eagles stole Murray from the Cowboys, signing him to a five-year, $40 million contract in free agency. So far, he's off to a historically bad start -- 11 rushing yards on 21 carries. The 11-yard total represents the fewest in the first two games for a defending rushing champion in nearly 80 years, according to Elias. In 1936, Doug Russell rushed for 11 yards for the Chicago Cardinals, the only two games he played that year. Murray doesn't appear to be a good fit in Kelly's scheme. Consider: 18 of his 21 carries have been from the shotgun. The Cowboys didn't use him that way. In Dallas, only 36 rushes last season came in the shotgun. Earth to Chip: It might be a good time to tweak the scheme.

7. But let's not blame it all on Murray. His blocking has been non-existent, and that goes on Kelly, who dumped his starting guards in the offseason. He replaced Evan Mathis and Todd Herremans with a pair of journeymen, Jason Gardner and Allen Barbre. The run blocking has been so poor that Murray has been hit at or behind the line of scrimmage on 10 of his 21 carries, according to ESPN Stats. It has to be culture shock for Murray, who went from perhaps the best offensive line in the NFL to one of the worst.

8. It happens every year in free agency: A team falls in love with a complementary player from a Super Bowl team and dramatically overpays. It's the Larry Brown Syndrome. The Eagles did it with former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Byron Maxwell, whom they landed with a six-year, $63 million contract. So far, Maxwell has allowed 14 completions for 253 yards and two touchdowns, according to Pro Football Focus. On Sunday, he played non-competitive coverage on Cowboys receiver Terrance Williams, who burned him for a 42-yard touchdown on a basic slant route. Worse, Maxwell made a half-hearted effort to chase him down.

9. As if the Eagles don't have enough worries, they have injury issues. Linebacker Kiko Alonso, whom they acquired in the McCoy trade, sprained his surgically repaired ACL and won't play on Sunday. Fellow inside linebacker Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) is iffy for the game.

10. The Jets should be worried about one aspect of the Eagles -- their up-tempo offense. They run a play from scrimmage every 30.6 seconds in real time, the fastest offense in the league, according to ESPN Stats. That could be physically taxing for an opponent on a short week, like the Jets.

>   http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/54345/jets-seek-historic-first-win-over-chip-kellys-lowly-eagles

I am so sick about hearing about Sanchez getting hurt in a "meaningless preseason game"  He was the backup QB, playing with the backups.  We should wish some other "meaningless player" got hurt instead?

Signing a FA is not stealing.  Signing a back who had 400+ touches for $8M per with $20M+ guaranteed does not sound like the team is the one stealing.

Eagles DE Cedric Thornton breaks hand, to miss Jets game

-- The Philadelphia Eagles will likely be without defensive end Cedric Thornton, who broke a bone in his right hand, when they play the New York Jets Sunday.

Thornton, 27, said he broke the bone in the first half of Sunday’s loss to the Dallas Cowboys.“I played through the game,” Thornton said Tuesday. “It hurts. It’s broken, so it hurts. I broke my left hand in high school, so I knew right away that it was broken.”With inside linebackers Kiko Alonso and Mychal Kendricks injured, the Eagles could be without three defensive starters against the Jets.

Taylor Hart, the second-year player from Oregon, would likely start in Thornton’s place. But Hart missed Tuesday’s practice session with an injury to his right shoulder. His status for Sunday is unknown.Thornton, signed as an undrafted rookie in 2011, has emerged as a key player in the Eagles’ run defense. He has started every game since Chip Kelly became head coach in 2013.

Thornton wasn’t sure which play he was injured on, only that it happened in the first half.“There’s a lot of emotion, a lot of adrenalin going on in the game,” Thornton said. “I went in at halftime and I started to feel it a little bit. That’s when I really felt the effect, in the third quarter. I probably looked pretty bad in the third and fourth quarter.”

Thornton could be back as early as the Oct. 4 game at Washington. He said he wasn’t given a timetable, but he would wear a wrap, or “club,” on the hand if needed.

>    http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/13671/de-cedric-thornton-breaks-hand-to-miss-jets-game

Eagles LB Kiko Alonso out vs. Jets after injuring surgically repaired knee

-- Depth at inside linebacker, which was such a priority for coach Chip Kelly in the offseason, will be tested early for the Philadelphia Eagles, who will be without Kiko Alonso and possibly Mychal Kendricks on Sunday.Alonso and Kendricks were injured in Sunday's loss to the Dallas Cowboys. The team signed Najee Goode, who was released before the season, to prepare for being without Alonso and Kendricks Sunday.Alonso's injury is to his left knee. Last year, Alonso tore the ACL in that knee and missed the entire season. This time, Alonso has sprained the ACL and is talking with doctors about whether his best option is surgery or rest.

"Kiko is still in the evaluation process," defensive coordinator Bill Davis said Tuesday. "We're crossing our fingers and hoping everything turns out for the best. For this week, I don't expect him to play."

Alonso watched the Eagles' practice session in sweatpants and a baseball cap. He declined to talk to reporters after the practice.Kendricks, who injured his hamstring, also declined to talk to reporters. He said he would talk Wednesday, when his situation is a little clearer."Mychal is day-to-day with a hamstring," Davis said. "There's an outside chance we pick him up this week, but it will be hard for him to get back. He has a shot at doing it."With Alonso and Kendricks out, rookie Jordan Hicks saw significant playing time against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

"Jordan did a nice job stepping in," Davis said. "He's a very mature rookie. He went out there, and it was not too big for him. He played some real good football for us."Goode was the Eagles' primary backup at inside linebacker last season until he tore a pectoral muscle in the season opener. Goode went on season-ending injured reserve.In the offseason, Kelly acquired Alonso in the trade that sent running back LeSean McCoy to Buffalo. He later signed Kendricks to a contract extension. With DeMeco Ryans returning from a torn Achilles tendon, the Eagles had considerable depth at inside linebacker.Now they could be down to Ryans, Goode, Hicks and Brad Jones for Sunday's game against the New York Jets. Jones can play inside or outside. He has focused on the outside because of an injury to Marcus Smith.

With Smith now cleared to play on the outside, Jones can focus on playing inside.The Eagles also will be without defensive tackle Cedric Thornton, who broke a bone in his right hand against the Cowboys.

>   http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13717756/philadelphia-eagles-lb-kiko-alonso-dt-cedric-thornton-ruled-new-york-jets

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

The Jets could be without their No. 2 and No. 3 wide receivers when they play the Eagles on Sunday. We already know Eric Decker (knee) is iffy. Also: Chris Owusu (leg) could miss two weeks, Todd Bowles told ESPN NY radio. They might have to dust off former stalwart Jeremy Kerley. Rookie Devin Smith also could make his debut.

>    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

I am so sick about hearing about Sanchez getting hurt in a "meaningless preseason game"  He was the backup QB, playing with the backups.  We should wish some other "meaningless player" got hurt instead?

Signing a FA is not stealing.  Signing a back who had 400+ touches for $8M per with $20M+ guaranteed does not sound like the team is the stealing.

no, Sanchez was going to be the starter, or was playing better than Geno at that point.  He was pulled from a game, and then put back in for the 4th quarter to win a freaking Snoopy Trophy.  It was the worst Rex move of them all.

no, Sanchez was going to be the starter, or was playing better than Geno at that point.  He was pulled from a game, and then put back in for the 4th quarter to win a freaking Snoopy Trophy.  It was the worst Rex move of them all.

No.  Sanchez wasn't going to be the starter.  Idzik was actually demanding starts for Smith and I believer the press was that he demanded that Smith start that game.  Sanchez sucked that preseason and sucked that game, fumbling snaps.  Open competition.  Somebody has to play the 4th quarter.  Please tell me what Mark Sanchez ever did to warrant the bubble wrap.  It's nice to blame Rex, but Idzik is the one Sanchez went after according to all the press.

Trent Dilfer, NFL

ESPN NFL analyst Trent Dilfer talks about his takeaways from  :wub: Jets :wub: -Colts, how concerned the Eagles should be about Sam Bradford, QB development and Sean White's style of play.

>     http://espn.go.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=13718332

Great Listen and the key point Dilfer makes is that NFL QBs are NOT ready made they must be developed!!

The above is the most Rich Cimini thing that has ever been Cimini'd.

I root for a story. Mark Sanchez gives up hotdogs and is spotted eating a cheese burger on the sidelines. He comes in during the second half to relieve an ineffective Bradford and havng learned from the butt fumble, he gets it right by running into the front of an Eagles player thereby giving birth to the infamous crotch fumble.

-- Chip Kelly saw what Josh Huff told reporters Tuesday and asked the wide receiver about it Wednesday.

Huff said that he heard Dallas Cowboys players calling out the Philadelphia Eagles' plays before the ball was snapped during Sunday’s game. It certainly looked as if the Cowboys knew where to be, especially when the Eagles tried to run the ball. There seemed to be a Dallas defender running through the holes the Eagles were trying to open.

On Wednesday, Huff changed his tune.

"I just asked Josh if he thinks they had any of our signals," Kelly said. "He said no."That raises a compelling question. When was Huff saying what he really thought? When he was volunteering the information to reporters? Or when he was approached by his head coach, who clearly had gotten word from media reports?

"I think we’ve been varied in our two games and in our preseason," Kelly said. "When you’re not successful, I think guys are grasping at excuses."

Kelly said the Eagles self-scout, trying to detect patterns in their play-calling or formations. He also thinks that some patterns are inevitable, with every team."You know when a team is in Tampa 2 (coverage), they’re going to slant their 3 and 7 technique (defensive linemen)," Kelly said. "When they do it, it’s not a surprise to us. Everybody has predictabilities and tendencies going into every game. That’s just part of the game. Everybody kind of does what they do."

On the other hand, Kelly’s up-tempo offensive approach limits the number of substitutions the Eagles make. It also reduces the number of different plays the Eagles run. The idea is that the same players line up quickly and run a small number of effective plays quickly and efficiently.

"We need to execute," Kelly said.

The offense also works best when the Eagles are moving the chains, extending drives and wearing defensive players down with their quick pace. When things aren’t running smoothly, when the Eagles are running three plays and then punting after less than a minute, it is the Eagles’ defense that wears down.

>    http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/13690/chip-kelly-eagles-players-grasping-at-excuses

-- DeMarco Murray, who has run for just 11 yards in his first two games with the Philadelphia Eagles, left practice Wednesday with a hamstring injury.The severity of the injury was not known. Murray's post-practice media availability was canceled, and he was not in the locker room during media availability.

Murray was officially listed as a limited participant in practice on Philadelphia's injury report.The Eagles visit the New York Jets on Sunday. They are 0-2 after losses to the Atlanta Falcons and Dallas Cowboys. Murray has averaged 0.5 yards per carry in those two games.If Murray is unable to play, Ryan Mathews likely will start. Darren Sproles also is available."DeMarco's a great player," Eagles center Jason Kelce said. "But I think we also have two other great backs who can get the job done. Bottom line is, whoever is carrying the ball behind us, we have to do a better job up front blocking. As long as we can take care of the line of scrimmage and do what we need to do, we'll make hay in the run game."

Murray appeared frustrated during Sunday's loss to the Cowboys. He was dropped for negative yardage on several plays, including consecutive losses of 6 and 5 yards."I think he's frustrated," said quarterback Sam Bradford, who played with Murray at Oklahoma. "I think all the backs are frustrated. We're all frustrated with where that's at."Mathews, who also signed as a free agent during the offseason, has carried the ball only four times for 4 yards."When I signed up here, I knew what I was getting into," he said. "With DeMarco being here, he was going to be the main guy. I knew what I was getting myself into. All I'm trying to do is win."

>   espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13725047/demarco-murray-leaves-philadelphia-eagles-practice-hamstring-injury

No.  Sanchez wasn't going to be the starter.  Idzik was actually demanding starts for Smith and I believer the press was that he demanded that Smith start that game.  Sanchez sucked that preseason and sucked that game, fumbling snaps.  Open competition.  Somebody has to play the 4th quarter.  Please tell me what Mark Sanchez ever did to warrant the bubble wrap.  It's nice to blame Rex, but Idzik is the one Sanchez went after according to all the press.

We remember that preseason differently.   But when have you ever heard of a QB being pulled from a pre season game, and then put back in much later. 

We remember that preseason differently.   But when have you ever heard of a QB being pulled from a pre season game, and then put back in much later. 

Fair enough.  FWIW, I checked the play-by-play and Geno played into the 4th.  Sanchez came in had a decent series completing passes to Massaquoi and Ryan Spadola until he fumbled a snap that was recovered by Herzlich.  On the second play of the next series he got blasted on a completion and then Simms came in.  Unless nfl.com is incorrect he was never pulled and then put back in.  I think that people just assumed they would pull him when he fumbled the snap.  I can understand blaming Rex for having him in there, though I didn't see anybody complaining that the Giants had their #2 in the game at that point.  Somebody has to play and it was pretty obvious and reported that Idzik was pushing for Smith to start.  It made sense because everybody on the planet knew that Sanchez was gone in 2014 because of his contract.  It was structured that way. 

Check it out for yourself:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013082401/2013/PRE3/jets@giants#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000234071&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

FWIW, I keep hearing that Rex was trying to win and that is why he kept Sanchez out there.  With Sanchez out there, the Giants extended their lead from 1 to 4 points, based primarily on Sanchez fumbling.  Simms is the one that put up the TD to Spadola (the salsa dance celebration was flagged) and then another 70 yarder to Spadola to set up the FG in OT. 

Signing a FA is not stealing.  Signing a back who had 400+ touches for $8M per with $20M+ guaranteed does not sound like the team is the one stealing.

agreed. I'm also sick of everyone wondering why he was put on the field late in a preseason game. The answer is simple. He was slated to be the starting QB that year. It was the Jets 3rd preseason game, and Rex wanted his starting QB to simply get some reps to keep him in game shape. What better time to put him into a game? What was so terrible about that decision? Besides, it wasn't Rex's fault. All Sanchez had to do was hand the ball off in that game. He chose to continue to do something that he's never been good at, and that's scramble. The injury was his fault, as far as I'm concerned. 

guys, you are arguing over 3 people that stink at there jobs.  Rex, sanchez and geno are all awful at what they do.  Why even waste ur breath on these guys?

Everybody hated Mark Sanchez and wanted him benched until he got hurt, then he became our future HOFer who was tragically injured by a buffoon HC.

All the media is shocked that the Eagles are playing poorly. Just shows you how bad these "experts" are at there jobs.

Every move Chip made was a horrible one, and everyone knew it yet somehow all the horrible moves put together was going to form a brilliant whole.  

The media loves to label people. They hate doing actual research, thus it's very difficult to change their opinions. Facts be damned. Chip Kelly is a genius, so what could possibly go wrong.

Oh yeah and lets end it by saying that our defense will get tired out from all the plays they run...They held the ball for 20 min last game. The sheen is worn off this gimmicky offense, and they're just tiring themselves out at this point...yet it's very difficult to change perceptions.  

-- Eagles running back DeMarco Murray has a hamstring injury, and his status for Sunday's game against the Jets in New York is considered questionable, a league source told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

The injury is not considered serious, the source said. Murray underwent an MRI after leaving practice Wednesday with the injury. He has run for just 11 yards in his first two games with the Eagles.Murray's post-practice media availability Wednesday was canceled, and he was not in the locker room when reporters were allowed in there.The Eagles are 0-2 after losses to the Atlanta Falcons and Dallas Cowboys. Murray has averaged 0.5 yards per carry in those two games.

If Murray is unable to play, Ryan Mathews is likely to start. Darren Sproles is also available."DeMarco's a great player," Eagles center Jason Kelce said. "But I think we also have two other great backs who can get the job done. Bottom line is, whoever is carrying the ball behind us, we have to do a better job up front blocking. As long as we can take care of the line of scrimmage and do what we need to do, we'll make hay in the run game."

Murray appeared frustrated during Sunday's loss to the Cowboys. He was dropped for negative yardage on several plays, including consecutive losses of 6 and 5 yards."I think he's frustrated," said quarterback Sam Bradford, who played with Murray at Oklahoma. "I think all the backs are frustrated. We're all frustrated with where that's at."Mathews, who also signed as a free agent during the offseason, has carried the ball only four times for 4 yards.

"When I signed up here, I knew what I was getting into," he said. "With DeMarco being here, he was going to be the main guy. I knew what I was getting myself into. All I'm trying to do is win."

>   http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13725047/demarco-murray-leaves-philadelphia-eagles-practice-hamstring-injury

-- Highlighting two players who figure to play integral roles for the New York Jets on Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles:

Brandon Marshall, wide receiver : He's only 66 yards shy of becoming the seventh active player to reach 10,000 receiving yards, and it would be an upset if it doesn't happen against the Eagles. Coming off a 101-yard game against the Indianapolis Colts, Marshall will face a vulnerable pass defense. The Eagles corners are Nolan Carroll II and Byron Maxwell, the $63 million free agent who was torched for two long touchdowns in the first two games. He blamed fatigue on the 44-yarder last week by the Dallas Cowboys' Terrance Williams, a ugly play in which Maxwell gave too much cushion and reacted in slow motion. You have to figure that Marshall will draw double teams, especially if Eric Decker (sprained knee) doesn't play.

Muhammad Wilkerson, defensive end : His performance against the Colts (two quarterback hits, six hurries) was overshadowed by other big individual efforts, but you can bet the Eagles took notice. They should be worried, very worried, especially with their offensive line woes. The Eagles are strong at tackle with Jason Peters and Lane Johnson, but their guards -- Allen Barbre and Andrew Gardner -- are vulnerable. The Jets like to move Wilkerson around the line, matching him against the weakest link. Look for him to be over Barbre and Gardner at times. It could be another tough day for DeMarco Murray, who has had no room to run. He has been hit at or behind the line of scrimmage on 10 of his 21 rushes, averaging only -0.1 yards per carry before contact, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

>   http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/54423/brandon-marshall-should-reach-10000-yard-milestone-against-eagles

Early line: Jets by 2 1/2

The Jets are facing a desperate Eagles team. Philadelphia is 0-2 after Chip Kelly’s off-season roster makeover, and new QB Sam Bradford has been underwhelming while running Kelly’s hurry-up offense. But he isn’t the only new Eagle who’s struggling. Former Dallas RB DeMarco Murray is averaging 0.5 yards per carry and might miss the game with a hamstring injury. Kelly said he isn’t considering replacing Bradford with former Jet Mark Sanchez.

In the spotlight

Jets WR Brandon Marshall. He has 13 receptions for 163 yards and two TDs in two games despite being a main focus of opposing defenses’ game plans. He could draw even more attention this week, with speedy WR Chris Owusu (knee) out and No. 2 WR Eric Decker’s status uncertain because of a knee injury.

Game plan

It won’t be easy to establish the run against a Philly defense allowing only 3.1 yards per carry, but the conservative Jets are likely to try. If that doesn’t work, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the focal point, and it’s possible the Jets may need a contribution from former No. 3 WR Jeremy Kerley, a forgotten man so far this season. The Jets likely will send many blitzes toward Bradford, especially because they’re facing a remodeled and suspect Philly O-Line.

>   http://www.northjersey.com/sports/football/jets-a-look-ahead-at-eagles-1.1417178

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Key names on the Jets' injury report: WR Eric Decker (knee), RB Chris Ivory (quad), LB Trevor Reilly (finger) and CB Darrin Walls (hamstring) did not practice; CB Darrelle Revis (groin) and LB Lorenzo Mauldin (concussion) were limited.

>   http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

sanchez was the starter. Geno was a raw rookie and looked awful in the preseason. Rex did sanchez a favor in the end. There was no offensive talent on that team whatsoever. Geno suffered from that all season 

sanchez was the starter. Geno was a raw rookie and looked awful in the preseason. Rex did sanchez a favor in the end. There was no offensive talent on that team whatsoever. Geno suffered from that all season 

Of course Geno was a raw rookie, it was his first ******* action.  That doesn't mean he wasn't going to start.  Geno rolled his ankle early against the Lions.  Sanchez had already humiliated himself by throwing the first pass of the preseason right to ZIggy Ansah.  Plenty of raw rookies started.  Sanchez did.  The GM was clamoring for Smith to start and calling shots on who played what preseason game.  Sanchez was gone in 2014 NO MATTER WHAT, so they had to find the 2014 starter ASAP.  I don't know why nobody remembers that, but I remember the discussions at the time and the people worried about using Sanchez at that point  were the ones that thought he was going to stay with the Jets and was some kind of budding star.  Idzik said that he was going to be a huge part of the decision which meant that Sanchez was basically gone..

http://www.hngn.com/articles/8852/20130729/new-york-jets-rumors-idzik-decision-mark-sanchez-geno-smith-starter.htm

Philadelphia Eagles running back DeMarco Murray, who has missed practice time with an injured hamstring, will play Sunday against the New York Jets, a team source told ESPN on Friday.Murray missed part of practice Wednesday and underwent an MRI on his hamstring. He missed all of practice Thursday. Coach Chip Kelly said he would be evaluated after Friday and Saturday practices.

"He'll be fine," the source told ESPN. "He'll play."

Murray, the NFL's rushing leader last season with 1,845 yards, has been held to just 11 yards on 21 attempts this season.

Playing behind a rebuilt offensive line, Murray has been constantly hit behind the line of scrimmage. He was visibly upset during last week's game against the Dallas Cowboys -- his former team -- in which he gained only 2 yards on 13 carries.

>   http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13736633/demarco-murray-philadelphia-eagles-play-sunday

Archived