Last post from me on Fitzy

Jetster

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Even Joe Montana was expendable... Bill Walsh was looking at options of trading him after he won just his 1st SuperBowl.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/bill-walsh-trade-joe-montana-john-elway/199883

Exactly my point. How is Fitzpatrick who never even made the playoffs the most valuable Jets FA? I don't blame him for trying to make more money. It is his right. However, the market looks limited for him. His body of work speaks for itself.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, never mind you don't have a clue that the Jets or anyone leaked anything out.  

I don't believe much of what these so called inside guys claim to know.  Cannizzaro says something .  Then Rappaport claims he knew, from March, bullshlt

Ok I can accept that. But where did they get the information then. And PFT specifically named the Jets as leaking it. 

25 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Not if the leak successfully stopped two top WRs from sandbagging OTAs by not showing up.

Where's the success if you get your two playmakers pissed off at the org. They want to win this year not play Back To The Future with Geno Smith. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Where's the success if you get your two playmakers pissed off at the org. They want to win this year not play Back From The Future with Geno Smith. 

IMHO, this sorta sentiment is pure BS.  These guys are professionals and are always looking to preform their best on and off the field with an eye towards their NEXT contract.  Neither kindergarten tantrum nor teen angst applies here.         

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

IMHO, this sorta sentiment is pure BS.  These guys are professionals and are always looking to preform their best on and off the field with an eye towards their NEXT contract.  Neither kindergarten tantrum nor teen angst applies here.         

I think they'll both give 100% with or without Fitz. I have no doubts about that. And Decker shouldn't get involved in Fitz's contract negotiations, it's none of his business. But I think both of these guys are pissed that the org is possibly going backwards not forwards. When they strongly believe the team can win in 2016. With Fitz. 

Holding hostage. That's a good one. He doesn't like the deal. If the Jets want him let them raise their offer. 

Or just move on. He doesn't like the deal that no other team in the league will offer? Who the hell does the guy think he is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's the success if you get your two playmakers pissed off at the org. They want to win this year not play Back To The Future with Geno Smith. 

Both of those players signed with the team under the impression Geno was the starter.

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Or just move on. He doesn't like the deal that no other team in the league will offer? Who the hell does the guy think he is?

What do you mean by that. Like he's obligated to sign with the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What do you mean by that. Like he's obligated to sign with the Jets. 

let him go sign somewhere else, where he might sign he would 1) be a backup and 2) make a lot less money so good luck to him.

This is the SECOND year in a row where Sexton screwed his client.  Last year he got

Marrone to leave the BUF HC spot for the "wonderful" upgrade to JAC OLine coach

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

What did we do to deserve this as Jet fans? We're waiting on a journeyman QB looking for 2nd & 3rd year compensation. The only reason this is even a story is because of the proliferation of NFL shows, NFL network, Sirius NFL radio. It's ridiculous! This f*cking team! no matter who is running it always comes up smelling like sh*t & players are always pissing on them.

I'd be completely behind Macc if he just set a deadline & drew a line in the sand on Fitz. I don't care how well he plays this year, I highly doubt we're winning the Super Bowl & I damn sure don't want him QBing this team in 2017 & 2018. 

Just this headline tells you everything you need to know about being a Jet fan.

"FITZPATRICK HOLDING NY JETS HOSTAGE" ugh.

you need to just settle down because you are doing exactly what you say you hate and listening to beat writers and the networks when you really don't know what's going on with the negotiations, actually none of us do.

If the Jets leaked the contract info to the press to get people feeling sorry for the poor Jets then they dragged the media into this and should not have.

From what I see in what was leaked its probably coming down to how the incentives are structured and if that's the case it will get done soon.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

When you leak things out to the media it can be a circus. If you keep things internal then you're being professional. Esp when you negotiate contracts which can be a very touchy and personal thing. You shouldn't via the press try to embarrass the player or make him look bad esp your starting Qb. 

I agree somewhat.  In the beginning you keep things quiet.  As they did.

However this isn't some firm trying to work out a deal for their VP of Sales or whatever.  This is an NFL that has to sell tickets and is in the entertainment industry.  Once the time comes that things are about to go south really quick, they have to make it known to paying fans that they tried.

Also add in the fact that the Fitz side began the whole "Decker skipping OTA" story, and the Jets had to reply.  The court of public opinion is important when your bottom line is determined by the public.

The Jets releasing the details was smart.  Now if they'd wake up and realize Fitz isn't worth all this, we'll be set.  Let the fool walk and get on with building a great team this year.

This article sums it up for me right here.  

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/05/time_for_ryan_fitzpatrick_to_put_up_or_shut_up_wit.html   

ime for Ryan Fitzpatrick to put up or shut up with Jets

Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on May 31, 2016 at 2:23 PM, updated May 31, 2016 at 3:13 PM

We've officially reached the I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I portion of Ryan Fitzpatrick v. Jets, but the reality remains the same as it was before the holiday weekend, when the details of the Jets' longstanding contract offer began leaking to the public in telegraphed dribs and drabs.

The latest salvo—a New York Daily News report that some in the organization fear Fitzpatrick could sign elsewhere for less money, just to stick it to the Jets—changes nothing. 

It's over. The Jets won this negotiation. They didn't misread the market; they understood it perfectly. Their offer—three years, with $12 million payable in the first year, plus reports of $6 million in each of the two years afterward, with NFL Media's Ian Rapoport adding that $15 million is to be guaranteed—has been collecting dust for more than two months now. And it likely won't budge much, if at all.

Yet: Fitzpatrick still hasn't found another team willing to offer him more to be their quarterback. It's not difficult to understand why: The Jets don't see that much of a difference between what Fitzpatrick brought and what Geno Smith could bring to their offense.

The contours of the Jets' offer make it clear what we all knew already: They don't see Fitzpatrick as their long-term quarterback. And that offer was made before the Jets drafted Christian Hackenberg, a honking Times Square billboard of an announcement of their future plans.

Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan has to tiptoe between winning in 2016 and building the Jets for the future. The roster is full of veteran mainstays all north of or pushing 30. That group includes Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall, who may have at least forced the Jets to reveal the team-friendly portions of their proposed deal for Fitzpatrick just by letting the world believe they were skipping voluntary practices last week out of protest. But Decker and Marshall were back at One Jets Drive on Tuesday, so so much for that strategy.

MORE: Geno or Bryce?

MORE: Geno or Bryce?

Assuming Ryan Fitzpatrick signs, the Jets will have four quarterbacks. Assuming they may not keep all four, which one could get cut?

Let's whittle this down to its essence: Fitzpatrick is obviously the Jets' best option for 2016. But do they really need him to make this thing go? They molded their offense around a lot of short, quick reads, which played to Fitzpatrick's strengths. They blended that with a strong running game and a tandem of receivers (Decker and Marshall) who might be the best 1-2 punch in the league. Offensive coordinator Chan Gailey's preference for physical wideouts who can block and who can line up inside or outside (e.g., Quincy Enunwa instead of Jeremy Kerley) was also part of this plan. Same with the late-season incorporation into the passing game of running back Bilal Powell, especially after teams kept stacking the box to stop the run and bottled up Marshall and Decker with double teams.

Recommended reading: Cian Fahey's detailed breakdown of 12 Fitzpatrick touchdown passes that required little more than tossing a football somewherenear a Jets pass catcher. Smith, for all of his faults, never got to work with such a stable combination of factors working in his favor. Who else is curious to see what Smith can do with all those tools at his disposal? The Jets, who winked at other options like Robert Griffin III and Brian Hoyer this offseason before settling their tab without offering to pay for a drink, don't seem to be all that afraid to find out.

A few words about the team-driven leaks of contract info that are suddenly being shamed in certain media quarters, for some reason: Much of the NFL news-gathering enterprise is built on information obtained from sources with an agenda. Every reporter who covers the league understands this. Which is why Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio was being disingenuous when he interrupted his Friday night to admire the view from his glass house to write a headline like this. There indeed is a fascinating story to be written about how the sausage of NFL news reporting gets made. But Florio is far from the best man to mount any kind of case against it, considering his history of writing about the Fitzpatrick standoff from the lap of Fitzpatrick's agent, Jimmy Sexton.

The Jets surely were prepared for Fitzpatrick not to accept their offer, even if he were to take less to hold a clipboard somewhere else; they wouldn't have let their proposal idle on the table for this long if that weren't true. But Fitzpatrick is not going to leverage anything more from them at this point. The pen is in his hand. All this public jousting can't mask the fact that it's entirely up to him to decide what to do with it.

41 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I agree somewhat.  In the beginning you keep things quiet.  As they did.

However this isn't some firm trying to work out a deal for their VP of Sales or whatever.  This is an NFL that has to sell tickets and is in the entertainment industry.  Once the time comes that things are about to go south really quick, they have to make it known to paying fans that they tried.

Also add in the fact that the Fitz side began the whole "Decker skipping OTA" story, and the Jets had to reply.  The court of public opinion is important when your bottom line is determined by the public.

The Jets releasing the details was smart.  Now if they'd wake up and realize Fitz isn't worth all this, we'll be set.  Let the fool walk and get on with building a great team this year.

There is no proof that Fitz was involved in that one day no show by Decker. But I'd give it a 60-40 that he knew about it. The FO is supposed to be above what the players do and not use the press to show up a player or give their side of a tough contract negotiation. It's obvious that Mac has no experience dealing with contracts. I've never seen a stalemate like this with a starting Qb. Not a good job. He's really taking a calculated risk here. Idzik took a few too and you know what happened to him. 

5 hours ago, jetrider said:

Fitz doesn't need offseason practice to throw three picks in three drives.

Cut the bullsh*t already only one pick was worth even talking about. The Pick to Decker .

One pick he was hit while throwing which caused the ball to fly straight up in the middle of the field. And the Last pick was a desperation throw with 11 seconds left.... the game was over. If you want to blame Fitz for the Decker Pick fine .... Funny I didn't see any praise for the two TD passes nor do I see much on how flat the Jets actually played or Revis getting burned all over the field by Watkins. That was a team loss stop making it sound like Fitz threw major ints throughout the game he threw 1 and there was still 9 min left in the game at that point.

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There is no proof that Fitz was involved in that one day no show by Decker. But I'd give it a 60-40 that he knew about it. The FO is supposed to be above what the players do and not use the press to show up a player or give their side of a tough contract negotiation. It's obvious that Mac has no experience dealing with contracts. I've never seen a stalemate like this with a starting Qb. Not a good job. He's really taking a calculated risk here. Idzik took a few too and you know what happened to him. 

If Decker confronted Fitz saying he was going to sit out I guarantee you Fitz told him to report these guys will stop at nothing to rip a QB that gave them one of the best season they have seen in years ,.I fcuking hate this stupid ass fan base

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If Decker confronted Fitz saying he was going to sit out I guarantee you Fitz told him to report these guys will stop at nothing to rip a QB that gave them one of the best season they have seen in years ,.I fcuking hate this stupid ass fan base

Says more about our overall offensive talent (OC, weaponzz, and previous QBs) the last 15+ years than it does about Fitz.

Tons of arguments to make.  But to put it very simply... Ryan.  Fitz.  Pat.  Rick.

It's like we've been driving an 80s Accord for nearly two decades.  We got a newer Chevy Malibu last year and now feel we should pay for it like it's an A4 or something.

While we have a V8 in the back of the garage.  Problem is it's covered.  No clue if it's an IROC or a new CTS-V.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

i think Fitzpatrick has a 1 year, less than 12m deal on the table from the broncos. thats my gut feeling.yea, that 12m for the 1st year is really nice, the rest of the contract is mickey mouse.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Says more about our overall offensive talent (OC, weaponzz, and previous QBs) than it does about Fitz.

Tons of arguments to make.  But to put it very simply... Ryan.  Fitz.  Pat.  Rick.

It's like we've been driving an 80s Accord for nearly two decades.  We got a newer Chevy Malibu last year and now feel we should pay for it like it's an A4 or something.

While we have a V8 in the back of the garage.  Problem is it's covered.  No clue if it's an IROC or a new CTS-V.

Mike A4 would be middle of the road QB money which happens to be 15 to 17 million . No one is saying Fitz should get that much not even Fitz and Chevy Mailbu's are more like back ups  Sorry but Chevy Malibu's don't throw 31 TD's and do a fine job leading the offense. Its not just about throwing TD's its leading you're team to score the TD . I would be willing to bet Fitz had thrown more TD;s than Geno led TD drives for the entire season's he played.

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike A4 would be middle of the road QB money which happens to be 15 to 17 million . No one is saying Fitz should get that much not even Fitz and Chevy Mailbu's are more like back ups  Sorry but Chevy Malibu's don't throw 31 TD's and do a fine job leading the offense. Its not just about throwing TD's its leading you're team to score the TD . I would be willing to bet Fitz had thrown more TD;s than Geno led TD drives for the entire season's he played.

And I'd be willing to bet, with this team, Geno will at least match Fitz's 2015 performance.  Give or (most likely) take some stats due to the much harder schedule.  But overall it'll at least be roughly the same type of performance.

On the car analogy, I'd put A4s equivalent to the league's 25-30 ranked QBs.  Malibu would equate to good backups.  But if you toss some nitrous, Brembos... (aka Marshall, Decker, Gailey) on the Malibu, it can win ya some races.

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Actually its about winning enough games to get into the playoffs.
Who gives a shlt that in a pass happy league, with maybe the leagues best WR group and every rule saying pass the damn ball you throw for just enough TDs to not make the playoffs?  Other than you that is.

Especially when its right there for the taking.  

Just now, Mike135 said:

And I'd be willing to bet, with this team, Geno will at least match Fitz's 2015 performance.  Give or (most likely take) some stats due to the much harder schedule.  But overall it'll at least be roughly the same type of performance.

On the car analogy, I'd put A4s equivalent to the league's 25-30 ranked QBs.  Malibu would equate to good backups.  But if you toss some nitrous, Brembos... (aka Marshall, Decker, Gailey) on the Malibu, it can win ya some races.

Mike you could be right but what happens when Geno gets stupid ? How many really dumb Geno type mistakes did Fitz make last year ? How many times did Fitz fumble compared to Geno ? How many times did Fitz turn his back on the field and run out of the pocket ? How many times did Fitz just make really dumb plays like running out of bounds and taking a sack ?

Geno may put up numbers but how many dumb mistakes will he make to cost us games ? You saw it in the Raider game 2 times and 2 times is too much in a close game. I'm not talking Int's here I'm talking dumb plays. What I saw in the Raider game was what IK saw in the past Geno is afraid to step up in the pocket, he still throws off his back foot way too much, and he still looks confused out there. Every back up in the NFL needs to be ready every week so I don't want the excuses Geno was not ready . Geno has too many bad habits that still showed themselves in year 3 and that's not going to get him he starting gig nor is doing well in Shorts

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith WRs Clyde Gates and David Nelson 

why do all geno supporters purposely leave out any decent receivers he has played with and also just state the few bad ones. it really makes you look biased

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike you could be right but what happens when Geno gets stupid ? How many really dumb Geno type mistakes did Fitz make last year ? How many times did Fitz fumble compared to Geno ? How many times did Fitz turn his back on the field and run out of the pocket ? How many times did Fitz just make really dumb plays like running out of bounds and taking a sack ?

Geno may put up numbers but how many dumb mistakes will he make to cost us games ? You saw it in the Raider game 2 times and 2 times is too much in a close game. I'm not talking Int's here I'm talking dumb plays. What I saw in the Raider game was what IK saw in the past Geno is afraid to step up in the pocket, he still throws off his back foot way too much, and he still looks confused out there. Every back up in the NFL needs to be ready every week so I don't want the excuses Geno was not ready . Geno has too many bad habits that still showed themselves in year 3 and that's not going to get him he starting gig nor is doing well in Shorts

Dumb mistakes can be fixed.  The mental aspects of the game can be taught and learned.  This is football.  Not rocket science.

Physical ability though is darn near impossible to teach.  Fitz has maxed out his potential.  Geno is just getting started.

Not to mention, the addition of a guy like Marshall alone will seriously cut back on dumb mistakes.  It's a hell of a luxury to basically close your eyes and heave a pass in a general vicinity and then have it appear as a TD on the stat sheet.  Just ask Fitz.

7 minutes ago, ylekram said:

why do all geno supporters purposely leave out any decent receivers he has played with and also just state the few bad ones. it really makes you look biased

Name one WR that Geno has played with, other than a healthy Decker for the end of 2014 (when Geno did well), who would've started in 2015.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Name one WR that Geno has played with, other than a healthy Decker for the end of 2014 (when Geno did well), who would've started in 2015.

there are more receivers than the 2 outside guys.get a grip. btw, decker started how many games, had how many catches, and had how many targets? dude you are an excuse machine. when has geno done wrong? don't bother. i think i know your answer

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Dumb mistakes can be fixed.  The mental aspects of the game can be taught and learned.  This is football.  Not rocket science.

Physical ability though is darn near impossible to teach.  Fitz has maxed out his potential.  Geno is just getting started.

Not to mention, the addition of a guy like Marshall alone will seriously cut back on dumb mistakes.  It's a hell of a luxury to basically close your eyes and heave a pass in a general vicinity and then have it appear as a TD on the stat sheet.  Just ask Fitz.

i think you got that backwards, but who cares, right?

Archived