Report: Jets Receiver Robby Anderson Arrested in Florida

JetNation

IMG_1917.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

Andy Slater of 940 AM WINZ in Miami is reporting that Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson has been arrested in Florida at a music festival.

Slater had few details of the incident, but claimed Anderson is being charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice.

The second-year receiver who impressed as an undrafted free agent during his rookie season in posting 587 yards and 2 touchdowns on 48 receptions is a Florida native.

We’ll keep you posted as more details become available.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
MNE32XRvSR0

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

http://www.jetnation.com/2017/05/08/report-jets-receiver-robby-anderson-arrested-in-florida/#sthash.aICn13i8.dpbs

what a pos ....

Felony resisting arrest (meaning he probably assaulted a cop) and obstruction of justice.... happened at a music festival .... idiots just dont know how to act. 

Here's to hoping the details of the report are wrong.  Surprised that this came out hours ago and not a peep from any other NFL source.

If he was out of line and did hit a cop, he can take a hike IMO.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Here's to hoping the details of the report are wrong.  Surprised that this came out hours ago and not a peep from any other NFL source.

If he was out of line and did hit a cop, he can take a hike IMO.

lets hope it's bullsh*t. I dunno Jet Nation site posted it up... seen it on twitter. If he assaulted a cop, i want him gone. If it's bullsh*t - then I'd have to say this site needs to do its homework before it posts things 

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

lets hope it's bullsh*t. I dunno Jet Nation site posted it up... seen it on twitter. If he assaulted a cop, i want him gone. If it's bullsh*t - then I'd have to say this site needs to do its homework before it posts things 

We did post it, but cited the report from twitter as we don't have any first-hand knowledge of what happened.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I think this is Woody's doing.

If an owner, who happens to be the UK ambassador that now also has ties to US/Russian hack/hit squads, wants a "rebuilding" (aka tank) year...  you give him his 1-15 season damn it.

Think it's a coincidence this happens right after players said this isn't a tank year?  

Psh, this is Woody sending a message.  Fall in line or pay the price.

Maybe Robby is getting married tomorrow and this scumbag organization set the whole thing up.  Innocent man spends wedding day in jail sounds like it's right up Mac's alley.

LOL what are you guys talking about? If it were just resisting arrest - then maybe someone was hating and set him up for failure... but FELONY resisting arrests means he pushed or struck one of the officers or threatened to hit one of the officers with some type of weapon... im guessing it was the first. I'm not seeing it on any other websites except "before it is news" - so here's to hoping it's bs 

Just now, BklynJetsFan85 said:

LOL what are you guys talking about? If it were just resisting arrest - then maybe someone was hating and set him up for failure... but FELONY resisting arrests means he pushed or struck one of the officers or threatened to hit one of the officers with some type of weapon... im guessing it was the first. I'm not seeing it on any other websites except "before it is news" - so here's to hoping it's bs 

It's some ball busting after a few people lost their minds when the Jets cut Julian Stanford on his wedding day a couple weeks ago, without realizing they had to let him go based on his injury status and CBA.  They told him they were doing it and told him they would re-sign him and did just that.  It was hilarious to watch people rip the FO for being so heartless and "scumbaggy".

Back on topic though, you're right in what you're saying which is why my hope is that the report isn't accurate and he's not facing felony charges.

20 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

LOL. My dad was a cop for the Morris County SD for 21 years. I grew up with these people. You're "Cops are da Troof!!!" mantra is silly. Best legal advice ever is "Never take legal advice from a cop". 

1 hour ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

The site isn't making any claim as to whether or not the allegations are true.  That's why the word "Report" was used, so fans know that the story is being reported by somebody who is in sports media, while embedding the tweet with a link to the report within the story.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

The site isn't making any claim as to whether or not the allegations are true.  That's why the word "Report" was used, so fans know that the story is being reported by somebody who is in sports media, while embedding the tweet with a link to the report within the story.

"In sports media" is a bit of a stretch. It isn't true until Schefter reports it. It's pretty irresponsible to report based on a report. I know this isn't a news organization, but if you aren't going to independently verify and confirm the information yourself, this is bad form. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

"In sports media" is a bit of a stretch. It isn't true until Schefter reports it. It's pretty irresponsible to report based on a report. I know this isn't a news organization, but if you aren't going to independently verify and confirm the information yourself, this is bad form. 

It's a stretch to describe somebody who works in sports media as somebody who works in sports media.  Gotcha.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's a stretch to describe somebody who works in sports media as somebody who works in sports media.  Gotcha.

I noticed you ignored the rest of my post though. All I am saying is a guy with an AM sports talk show in Miami isn't the most credible source and definitely not the one to be parroting serious allegations. Just trying to encourage better from this place. There's enough strain on the media as it is. If it turns out to be 100% true, that doesn't change the fact it shouldn't be independently reported until it's confirmed with credible sources. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I noticed you ignored the rest of my post though. All I am saying is a guy with an AM sports talk show in Miami isn't the most credible source and definitely not the one to be parroting serious allegations. Just trying to encourage better from this place. There's enough strain on the media as it is. If it turns out to be 100% true, that doesn't change the fact it shouldn't be independently reported until it's confirmed with credible sources. 

When you said it's a stretch to call somebody who works in sports media somebody who works in sports media, I didn't really read the rest of what you said.

It's a report and I called it a report, I cited the report and provided a link to the report.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

When you said it's a stretch to call somebody who works in sports media somebody who works in sports media, I didn't really read the rest of what you said.

It's a report and I called it a report, I cited the report and provided a link to the report.

It's too early in the morning to have a debate about journalistic integrity. Reporters don't report on others reports unless all other avenues were exhausted. No one else picked up on said report except you. I'm just going to leave it at this: it's irresponsible and could have a negative impact on the site. That's all. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

34 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's too early in the morning to have a debate about journalistic integrity. Reporters don't report on others reports unless all other avenues were exhausted. No one else picked up on said report except you. I'm just going to leave it at this: it's irresponsible and could have a negative impact on the site. That's all. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Fair enough, but I felt like I was being fair in acknowledging within my very brief article that few details were given, and that we would provide updates, which is, I believe, the way writes kindly say "If this reporter screwed the pooch, we'll let you know as details become available".

Also not a story I would have passed on if not from somebody who would have a reasonable expectation to know.  Verified account from a sports reported in the city where it happened fits that IMO.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The guy who reported it has his own radio show down here.  Not the type of guy thats going to post something thats not true.  

This sucks.

We'll find out, but as I said above, I would't have written a story if it wasn't from a verified account who worked in sports media.  No reason to expect a guy to just make something up like that.

I will say though, it's odd that nobody else has picked up on it yet.  I know he's not exactly Dez Bryant, but some of the Jets guys should've written something by now. 

how about waiting for the smoke to clear before piling on.  wasn't revis accused of being a terrorist? when people are charged by the cops they pile it on so that the person cops to a lower plea or there are enough charges so that one sticks. and consider too that it was at a concert. no telling if it was a single or group effort. on the other hand......

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Fair enough, but I felt like I was being fair in acknowledging within my very brief article that few details were given, and that we would provide updates, which is, I believe, the way writes kindly say "If this reporter screwed the pooch, we'll let you know as details become available".

Also not a story I would have passed on if not from somebody who would have a reasonable expectation to know.  Verified account from a sports reported in the city where it happened fits that IMO.

Verified accounts on twitter get it wrong all the time. And you're not even basing your reporting on him, you're basing it on his sources. If you have knowledge of who they are and they've also given you that information, then you can go wild. What you have is nothing right now. If the story proves correct, then you come out unscathed. If it comes out as false, it's libel. It's a fine line so tread carefully. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

We take a ton of pride in our blog posts. We never purposely run catchy headlines to just get more clicks and views. The story was labeled as a report which is exactly what we do, we are bringing people the news. This is the news right now, other sites are running it the guy is verified and he is legitimate.

The article says we will have more information on this as it develops. But this is a credible report which is why we ran it.

25 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Verified accounts on twitter get it wrong all the time. And you're not even basing your reporting on him, you're basing it on his sources. If you have knowledge of who they are and they've also given you that information, then you can go wild. What you have is nothing right now. If the story proves correct, then you come out unscathed. If it comes out as false, it's libel. It's a fine line so tread carefully. 

JN Ombudsman Crazy Carl.

Archived