### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, nycdan said:

Petty was put in the worst possible situation to have any chance to make a dent in the depth chart.  Dropped pass...unblocked rusher.  I'd really like to see him get some reps in the first half next week but there's probably no chance of it.  

I really think Petty can play in this league.  

At a minimum Petty can be a career QUALITY backup and that is why I will be so pissed if they cut him to keep McCown!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

It looked like, to me, that Stanford made contact in the shoulder/chest, not the head.

He did but contact was also made helmet to helmet and I think in a reg season game against a top QB they will call that 11/10 times.  I hate the call personally b/c its subjective and hard to control just like the low hit sh*t they are going to call this year.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Nobody is making a big deal out of his performance other than you.  No one is crowning him the second coming or slamming him at all.  It's the first game of the f*cking pre-season and he looked solid with vanilla play calling and back-ups.  Petty looks like hot garbage so far and no one wants to see McCown start.  Don't know what you're really trying to say here.

He didn't look solid and he was vanilla. And zero points and not too many first downs. I mean this isn't kindergarten. The season starts in 3 weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No one says HOF but it's his second year and he still doesn't look close to starting games. After 16 months you'd think he'd be more ready. 

Jesus f*cking Christ, he looked fine.  He was 17 of 24 for 120 and, most importantly, didn't throw any picks.  The play calling was vanilla as sh*t. What did you want? Madden numbers?

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He didn't look solid and he was vanilla. And zero points and not too many first downs. I mean this isn't kindergarten. The season starts in 3 weeks. 

Yeah, because it's the 1st week of pre-season.  Half the playbook isn't even installed yet.  No sh*t he's gonna look vanilla. He's working with legitimate no names at WR for the most part, which directly led to 2 first downs dropped too.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

WTF dude...the kid didn't take a regular season snap last year, and looked pretty solid.  What the hell do you expect?

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

He did but contact was also made helmet to helmet and I think in a reg season game against a top QB they will call that 11/10 times.  I hate the call personally b/c its subjective and hard to control just like the low hit sh*t they are going to call this year.

Good point.

Soon, refs will hand out a cookie and a kiss on the forehead anytime an "important" QB gets hit.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

How anyone can knock Hack for tonight's performance is beyond me!

Especially when many out here gave every excuse imaginable for the HORRIFIC play of Ryan Fitzpatrick last year!!

Just Amazing!!!

But Fitz was such a nice guy though. LOL

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hack fans are incredibly patient with him. I mean how long is the learning curve for him? How many years not games? 

What are you talking about?! All we've been told is that hack couldn't even hit the ocean yet he was accurate on every throw outside of deep balls that looked like he intentionally threw away. 

It's fun to watch the sojf crew looking for new reasons to bash him. So predictable

Coming out of the 1st preseason game my only red flags right now

1. OLine run blocking

2. Lachlan consistency

Before the game I would have though to have a much larger list.

Good week 1 for a young team installing a new offense with a lot of new players.  Looking forward to more TC reports and next weeks game!

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Especially when many out here gave every excuse imaginable for the HORRIFIC play of Ryan Fitzpatrick last year!!

Just Amazing!!!

Including Rangers9.  One of Fitzs biggest supporters

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Just Amazing!!!

Hack was 18/25. You know who else was 18/25 this weekend.  Trubisky.  And he was practically fellated by people on this board.  Watson was 15/25.  Kizer 11/18.  Just to put some perspective on things.

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Coming out of the 1st preseason game my only red flags right now

1. OLine run blocking

2. Lachlan consistency

Before the game I would have though to have a much larger list.

Good week 1 for a young team installing a new offense with a lot of new players.  Looking forward to more TC reports and next weeks game!

Drops and the 2 minute drill for me

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Hack was 18/25. You know who else was 18/25 this weekend.  Trubisky.  And he was practically fellated by people on this board.  Watson was 15/25.  Kizer 11/18.  Just to put some perspective on things.

True but this is Hacks 2nd year. He should be 22/25 by now. lol

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Including Rangers9.  One of Fitzs biggest supporters

Yes my post was a gentle reminder for him!! :) 

Fitz was throwing INTs like they were X-Mass candy and we are blaming Hack for playing a solid essentially mistake free game!!  

We are nuts... 

I really love my fellow Jets fans but we are a little crazy!!

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Drops and the 2 minute drill for me

I was gonna put the drops but honestly outside of Marshalls one drop I'm not too concerned yet.  The 2 min drill i'm chalking up to coaches decision not to push it.  Definitely agree though if we see these same issues next week.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes my post was a gentle reminder for him!! :) 

Fitz was throwing INTs like they were X-Mass candy and we are blaming Hack for playing a solid essentially mistake free game!!  

We are nuts... 

I really love my fellow Jets fans but we are a little crazy!!

Honest question: When was the last time that we didn't have a single INT by any of our QBs in the 1st pre-season game?

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Yep. And by year 4, if he's not completing 100% of his passes, than he's garbage.

Not good enough.  Pennington completed passes like mad.  They need to be long, beautiful, arcing rainbows with unicorns running alongside farting clouds of golden mist.

Archived