So who do we want our QB to be next year?

faba

Yes let's rid of a Hall Of Famer for Brett Ratliff. Hey I thought Ratliff looked good in the 2nd half of those meaningless preseason games as well. But let's be real here people.

They are not rebuilding. You can't do PSLs and rebuild in the same year. Even if Ratliff deserves it, it ain't going to happen.

Yes let's rid of a Hall Of Famer for Brett Ratliff. Hey I thought Ratliff looked good in the 2nd half of those meaningless preseason games as well. But let's be real here people.

They are not rebuilding. You can't do PSLs and rebuild in the same year. Even if Ratliff deserves it, it ain't going to happen.

Do we really think with PSL's coming that we will go with an untested QB- I really do not think so!

LOL. Completely agree though.

True.

I'm afraid this is correct. We got rid of the coach to make the big name former star happy. Woody needs the big name former star to put asses in the seats.

Look forward to even MORE INTs next year, while the big name former star mails in another season and cashes the checks.

No way does Favre come back. He was the main culprit for the Jets collapse with Mangini close behind him. I dont care if hes a HOF QB. So is Namath. Id rather go with our washed up, useless QB than another teams. Favre is terrible. How many pick 6s did he throw off his back foot this season? Stick a fork in Favre cuz hes finished. The Jets would probably be best off drafting a QB and opening it up to competition in preseason. I know Ratliff only got his chance to play in the 2nd half of the preseason games, but you have to be encouraged by what you saw. I think he at least deserves a chance. I dont think bringing Favre back for another year is going to help with the PSLs. If anything I think it will turn most fans off

I have no problem with giving Favre another year IF it turns out that he did indeed have some kind of shoulder or arm injury. If that is not the case, he is shot and needs to retire.

No way does Favre come back. He was the main culprit for the Jets collapse with Mangini close behind him. I dont care if hes a HOF QB. So is Namath. Id rather go with our washed up, useless QB than another teams. Favre is terrible. How many pick 6s did he throw off his back foot this season? Stick a fork in Favre cuz hes finished. The Jets would probably be best off drafting a QB and opening it up to competition in preseason. I know Ratliff only got his chance to play in the 2nd half of the preseason games, but you have to be encouraged by what you saw. I think he at least deserves a chance. I dont think bringing Favre back for another year is going to help with the PSLs. If anything I think it will turn most fans off

I agree. He says it will depend on the results of his MRI. But that makes no sense. If he's hurt it will take more than an offseason to get healed. If he's not hurt then he's just done. Either way, the Jets will have to go in another direction.

One of my favorite posters, on the money again, my man

THE RAT!!!!!

Of course, he needs one more awesome preseason to seal it.

But this is what we know:

1. he has heart

2. is a winner

I really concentrated on watching this guy in TC. He can make all of the throws. And more important, he has that sixth sense in the pocket and can survey the field well.

Now, of course, he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet. He could turn out to be nothing. To put all of our eggs in his basket at this point would be quite risky.

But listen to old Uncle Maynard. This guy could really surprise.

One of my favorite posters, on the money again, my man

THE RAT!!!!!

Of course, he needs one more awesome preseason to seal it.

But this is what we know:

1. he has heart

2. is a winner

lol. How do you know he has heart? Do you know him personally?

He is a winner? What has he won? Meaningless preseason games? A Pop Warner semifinal game? Please stop. I'm not against Ratliff eventually taking over if he shows it in preseasons, but those two statements are way off base.

Not Brett Favre for God's sakes!!! He will be in the hall of fame but he's not playing anywhere near that level anymore (lets not kid ourselves people!!!! wake the hell up!!!!!). He's too old! 40 years old is an old dog and this one doesn't want to/nor can he learn new tricks! He has NO future with us and for that reason I thought/think this move was too risky. GTFO of here Favre! Please! Get back to mississipi and continue your fishing or whatever the hell they do down there and take your Wrangler Jeans commercial with you!!!!!! GTFO NOW!!!!! Oh God I hope that MRI reveals a torn labrum or something that will make the decision for this fool and not leave it in his peabrained hands.

Now I will digress and curb my enthusiasm. lol

Not Brett Favre for God's sakes!!! He will be in the hall of fame but he's not playing anywhere near that level anymore (lets not kid ourselves people!!!! wake the hell up!!!!!). He's too old! 40 years old is an old dog and this one doesn't want to/nor can he learn new tricks! He has NO future with us and for that reason I thought/think this move was too risky. GTFO of here Favre! Please! Get back to mississipi and continue your fishing or whatever the hell they do down there and take your Wrangler Jeans commercial with you!!!!!! GTFO NOW!!!!! Oh God I hope that MRI reveals a torn labrum or something that will make the decision for this fool and not leave it in his peabrained hands.

So, you are saying you don't want Favre back next year? ;)

If the Jets sign Matt Cassell I will go ****ing crazy.

Take him away from Moss, Welker and the New England offense and watch him crumble into nothing!

Put the talent around him and he has shown he can succeed.

I don't feel like waiting for years for a rookie to develop.

Archived