Rob Turner Broke His Leg

SoFlaJets

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source: Offensive lineman Rob Turner breaks leg, to have surgery

BY Manish Mehta

The Daily News has learned that offensive lineman Rob Turner suffered a broken leg in last night’s preseason loss to the Texans. He is scheduled to have surgery, according to a source. Gang Green is now thin along the line. Turner was a versatile backup, who started at center for Nick Mangold (stinger) last night. The Jets will likely be in the market for a backup center now.

Turner was injured in the first quarter when Texans’ rookie J.J. Watt rolled up on him after beating Vlad Ducasse. Mark Sanchez stepped up in the pocket before he was sacked. Watt, meanwhile, rolled up on Turner from behind. The center’s right leg was caught underneath Watt.

It’s a fairly significant blow for an offensive line that was already pretty thin.

So what veteran depth is out there on the OL? I know he's got a whole series of health issues, but as only a backup option Shawn Andrews might be a possibility, and I know others have mentioned Stinchcomb as an option. Truth is, Jets are likely going to need to pick up more than just one guy, as they need some quality depth both for the interior line (with Turner hurt) and tackle positions (because their current ones blow).

You know I was watching Ducasse last night in slow motion and he really is a bad football player. he has NO awareness to his right-is he blind in one eye? I mean if we were playing at the schoolyard any one of us would have the sense to know you MUST block that guy to your right who is obviously coming on a blitz. Ducasse was blocking the RG's man then realized too late that he had the wrong man and McElroy again got pounded. He has got to go-I never want to see him on that line again-he is THAT bad. He's the worst Jets OLman I've seen since that Colts PS game a few years ago when Dwight Freeney was using either Adrian Clarke of was it Jones as a gate-but that was Freeney these were NOBODIES.

You know I was watching Ducasse last night in slow motion and he really is a bad football player. he has NO awareness to his right-is he blind in one eye? I mean if we were playing at the schoolyard any one of us would have the sense to know you MUST block that guy to your right who is obviously coming on a blitz. Ducasse was blocking the RG's man then realized too late that he had the wrong man and McElroy again got pounded. He has got to go-I never want to see him on that line again-he is THAT bad. He's the worst Jets OLman I've seen since that Colts PS game a few years ago when Dwight Freeney was using either Adrian Clarke of was it Jones as a gate-but that was Freeney these were NOBODIES.

The Jets had to have discussed in meetings Watt being a top draft pick and a speed rusher. And yet Ducasse seemed to have no awareness at all that as RT his job was to get a piece of him every chance.

We need starters. The league is full of backups.

We HAVE our starters Brick,Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Hunter we need someone to take Turner's and hopefully Ducasse's place while he spends a season either on the PS or OFF the team for good-which would be my wish

We HAVE our starters Brick,Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Hunter we need someone to take Turner's and hopefully Ducasse's place while he spends a season either on the PS or OFF the team for good-which would be my wish

We are missing a link, look what you just wrote. Ducasse better grow up real quick, We need a RT that can play in the NFL day in and out, all year.

Damn, thats sucks to hear...does anyone know how long he's out? I'm actually happy to hear its a break and not a tear or something like that.

Definitely need to find a replacement.

I was told 8 weeks was the healing time but I am not sure how that equates to actual football time. I will try to find out...

We are missing a link, look what you just wrote. Ducasse better grow up real quick, We need a RT that can play in the NFL day in and out, all year.

Have you missed something?

Ducasse IS NOT the starting RT. Hunter is. That's why they resigned him in a multi-year deal.

what's wrong with what I just wrote-it is spot on-I listed the starters and Wayne Hunter IS our starting RT-we need someone to be able to play OL and be pass eligible like Turner did and we NEED somebody better than Vlad Ducasse because he is endangering his teammates out there because he doesn't know how to play football very well.

Archived