3 open roster spots

flylikeajet

His last name is spelled "Garrard" not "Gerard"

Why aren't you guys interesting in Banta-Cain? I was just reading that he had 15 sacks in his last 31 games, that's not bad.

It's his name. Tully is not a football name. Bear Pascoe...now that's a football name. Tully Banta-Cain is more like a comic book henchman's name. this is why he is not on a football team currently.

It's his name. Tully is not a football name. Bear Pascoe...now that's a football name. Tully Banta-Cain is more like a comic book henchman's name. this is why he is not on a football team currently.

Personally, I just had too much fun calling him "Tully Canta-Play" when he was a Patriot that him being a Jet would just ruin that.

Personally, I just had too much fun calling him "Tully Canta-Play" when he was a Patriot that him being a Jet would just ruin that.

If we sign him, I move that they put "tl;dr" on the back of his jersey.

I can't stand long a$$ hyphenated names. What if Tully Banta-Cain marries a woman with a hyphenated name, and his kid ends up playing a pro sport? Will it read "Banta-Cain-Smith-Jones" on the back of his jersey?

Yeah, based on the timing of Banta-Cain's visit I would guess it's him, but I'd rather give Maybin a shot. By waiting the contracts won't be guaranteed. If Maybin was a waiver claim they can also offer him a much smaller deal than what his first round salary.

If I had to choose between Cain and Maybin I would take Maybin soley on his potential. Cain was great in NE, left and went to SF where he stunk so bad he only lasted one year, went back to NE and all of a sudden is good again?

Benny Sapp should get a look. Rex loves these guys. Can't get enough decent CBs. He's always played well pretty against the Jets.

Anyway, I hope they stick with their current backups at LB - I like them all, tho I'm not sold on Bellore's chances to develop into a servicable NFL LB. On the other hand, he has the feel of a guy the Jets cut then signs with the Pats and kills us.

His last name is spelled "Garrard" not "Gerard"

Why aren't you guys interesting in Banta-Cain? I was just reading that he had 15 sacks in his last 31 games, that's not bad.

wasn't he here with Mangina? I don't recall him being anything special. That sack number actually floored me.

If I had to choose between Cain and Maybin I would take Maybin soley on his potential. Cain was great in NE, left and went to SF where he stunk so bad he only lasted one year, went back to NE and all of a sudden is good again?

Yep, that's pretty much the way that I feel about Maybin v. Banta-Cain. He was in SF two years. In one he started and had fairly poor numbers and in 2008 he was pretty much riding it out. In 2009 the Pats snatched him back up and he had his best year, 10 sacks. Last year he was in and out of the lineup and I think used basically as a DPR, if we are going to use that acronym.

Benny Sapp should get a look. Rex loves these guys. Can't get enough decent CBs. He's always played well pretty against the Jets.

The Dolphins and Patriots beg to differ.

Anyway, I hope they stick with their current backups at LB - I like them all, tho I'm not sold on Bellore's chances to develop into a servicable NFL LB. On the other hand, he has the feel of a guy the Jets cut then signs with the Pats and kills us.

I really hate the idea of holding guys to keep them away from another team. Nobody is asking to cut Bellore for Maybin or Banta-Cain, but the team is looking for a DPR and while I think Westerman is a solid backup he is underwhelming as a DPR.

Yep, that's pretty much the way that I feel about Maybin v. Banta-Cain. He was in SF two years. In one he started and had fairly poor numbers and in 2008 he was pretty much riding it out. In 2009 the Pats snatched him back up and he had his best year, 10 sacks. Last year he was in and out of the lineup and I think used basically as a DPR, if we are going to use that acronym.

I really hate the idea of holding guys to keep them away from another team. Nobody is asking to cut Bellore for Maybin or Banta-Cain, but the team is looking for a DPR and while I think Westerman is a solid backup he is underwhelming as a DPR.

I made a mistake there. I thought Cain was only in SF one year, but you're right, he was there two, the second year he was in and out of the lineup. Cain is a prime example of someone who benefits from the system.

I thought we currently have an open roster spot anyways so the idea of cutting Bellore is moot.

Right now they don't have to cut anyone to add a pass rusher, If the OP is correct they have an open roster spot. If they did decide to cut someone it wouldn't be Bellore, I believe he is ILB. The main suspect would be Westerman. he is a marginal back up

Right now they don't have to cut anyone to add a pass rusher, If the OP is correct they have an open roster spot. If they did decide to cut someone it wouldn't be Bellore, I believe he is ILB. The main suspect would be Westerman. he is a marginal back up

I don't agree about Westerman at all. He was on the field. Garrett McIntyre wasn't. They are both OLBs. Westerman was actually the first LB in off the bench on a team that is carrying 8 LBs. It's pretty obvious that Westerman is currently ahead of at least McIntyre and more than likely Bellore.

Well we have some answers:

http://twitter.com/#...002060713799681

Jets announce they are promoting WR Pat Turner to 53-man roster, re-signing TE Josh Baker to practice squad. #nyj

I'm glad. I like Baker. Maybe Mason's injury is being used as an excuse? I doubt they will be looking to throw any more against the Jags than they did against the Cowboys so it's not situationally adding an extra WR for the game.

I don't agree about Westerman at all. He was on the field. Garrett McIntyre wasn't. They are both OLBs. Westerman was actually the first LB in off the bench on a team that is carrying 8 LBs. It's pretty obvious that Westerman is currently ahead of at least McIntyre and more than likely Bellore.

I'm glad. I like Baker. Maybe Mason's injury is being used as an excuse? I doubt they will be looking to throw any more against the Jags than they did against the Cowboys so it's not situationally adding an extra WR for the game.

My guess is they are bringing Turner for ST help?

My guess is they are bringing Turner for ST help?

He looked crappy there when I've noticed him Doesn't return or seem to add much to the coverage unit. Remember at the presser when Rex showed the treatment list and it was three pages? My guess is that more than one WR was on that list and in case somebody isn't ready to go they want another body. They ran a decent number of three WR sets and only carried 4 (5 but Payne is inactive because of the wrist).

Archived