Wayne Hunter Has To Go

SoFlaJets

The real option is Rob Turner getting healthy.

I have never seen Rob Turner played tackle. I have seen him play guard, center, tight end and defensive tackle, but I have never seen him play offensive tackle. He's pretty light and wouldn't be help in the running game even if he were a viable option. He'll be coming off a broken leg and never saw the field at tackle when Woody was down last year.

The only option is Ducasse. Woody's enjoying retirement.

I don't know how viable Ducasse is, but I've seen Woody on television and he looks plenty fat. I think it would take him until at least week 10 to get into any kind of playing shape.

the real option is to go get someone now before he gets our qb killed. he also is a drive killing machine with the penalties he keeps making.

Haha!

Who's out there on the waiver wire or someone's practice squad that can step in and start on the Jets?

While I'm not happy with Hunter right now either, let me remind us that there was the same outcry towards Slauson early last season as well. Hunter is a mauler type and has all the tools to be good for us. Let's give him some time. I just hope Sanchez can live through the trial period. His personal fouls HAVE to stop though. That's just ridiculous to be consistently called for that type of penalty

I'm not ready to trash him yet. Plus there aren;t to many other options for us right now.

idk slats, but they has got to be someone better then him.

Famous last words.

I'm more worried about the lack of push in the running game. It took Hunter some time to settle in last year. Moore being out all of camp couldn't have helped. He has been getting beaten but not destroyed and I think when he and Sanchez get a feel for the pocket. I don't like what I have seen, but I have some hope.

I know there aren't any dominant RT's on the street waiting for a call, but I would hope "tryout tuesday" will have a least one guy in, even if to just send him a signal

he seemed to level off in the seconf half, but it's safe to say the jets miss woody more than anyone

I don't know how bad he really looks. I have watched plenty of alleged powerhouse offenses and as bad as Hunter has looked, the Steelers, Cowboys, Falcons and Eagles all have guys knocked around fairly regularly on their OLines. I'm not defending Hunter, but like relief pitching the talent at tackle may be so watered down that bad is normal.

I don't know how bad he really looks. I have watched plenty of alleged powerhouse offenses and as bad as Hunter has looked, the Steelers, Cowboys, Falcons and Eagles all have guys knocked around fairly regularly on their OLines. I'm not defending Hunter, but like relief pitching the talent at tackle may be so watered down that bad is normal.

I really liked Woody, but he left a lot to be desired at times last season in terms of pass protection. Specifically, against Speed rushers. He was still pretty dominant for us in the running game, which we've sorely missed.

Hunter was absolutely solid last year when he replaced Woody. It was an upgrade. I have no idea what is wrong with him these first two games. I don't know how someone suddenly becomes "bad" without being injured or getting old. Let's see how he is in the next couple of games. We don't have any real options unless Woody is in shape and willing to come back. People do have slumps. It is not unheard of.

I haven't really watched Hunter and didn't get to see the jacksonville game, except for the highlights, but if he's really THAT bad why not throw Ducasse back out there and see how he does?

I'm not sure if you put both of them out there at the same time to block one dude they could get the job done.

Hunter was absolutely solid last year when he replaced Woody. It was an upgrade. I have no idea what is wrong with him these first two games. I don't know how someone suddenly becomes "bad" without being injured or getting old. Let's see how he is in the next couple of games. We don't have any real options unless Woody is in shape and willing to come back. People do have slumps. It is not unheard of.

Agreed. Its almost like SpaceJams and somebody stole his game from him. He doesnt even have good fundamentals but he was a beast last year. Best games as a unit was when he replaced Woody. Too strange.

He needs to figure it out like now, because Oakland is stout up front.

When Hunter was named the starter, he said something to the effect of, "I'm just keeping the spot warm for Vlad."

I think Ducasse will be starting this year. Maybe after the bye week, but maybe sooner if Hunter continues playing at this level.

When Hunter was named the starter, he said something to the effect of, "I'm just keeping the spot warm for Vlad."

I think Ducasse will be starting this year. Maybe after the bye week, but maybe sooner if Hunter continues playing at this level.

I hope not, Vlad looks lost out there....I know there are high on him, and maybe one day he will be a starter, but if it is the same Vlad we saw this pre-season, no thanks....

Vlad's ceiling is back-up guard.

It is so en vogue to sh*t all over Ducasse, but his ceiling is still very, very high. He's big, strong, and athletic. When the light goes off for him, he's going to be very good.

At the rate Hunter's going, I can see the Jets throwing Vlad into the fire sooner rather than later in an effort to get him up to speed that much faster.

It is so en vogue to sh*t all over Ducasse, but his ceiling is still very, very high. He's big, strong, and athletic. When the light goes off for him, he's going to be very good.

At the rate Hunter's going, I can see the Jets throwing Vlad into the fire sooner rather than later in an effort to get him up to speed that much faster.

Right. That's why they extended a career journeyman and handed him the starting position. This speaks volumes of the team's opinion of Vlad. Sorry to say,despite his high draft pick status, he has shown *nothing, nada, zip* to indicate that he is starting tackle material.

Right. That's why they extended a career journeyman and handed him the starting position. This speaks volumes of the team's opinion of Vlad. Sorry to say,despite his high draft pick status, he has shown *nothing, nada, zip* to indicate that he is starting tackle material.

Vlad is the only alternative now.

You can crap on Vlad now, as a 2nd yr player with no offseason program to benefit from, but giving up on an OLine prospect after a year & 2 games doesn't make sense.

The Jets gave Hunter an extension because they knew Vlad wasn't ready without the offseason program.

They gave Hunter an extension because from the very beginning Vlad was projected as a guard, notwithstanding his college position.

Then why don't the Jets have any other backup tackles on the roster?

They would've liked for Vlad to play guard last year in preparation to move to tackle this year. He's behind, but he shouldn't be counted out.

Archived