If the Dolphins draft Luck, Mark Sanchez becomes the 4th best QB in the AFC East

T0mShane

Watching Luck vs. Colorado right now and the guy is just a mutant. Doesn't fluster, ball explodes out of his hand, and is accurate (even on the move). I know, I know--let's wait to see what he does in the pro's, etc. But, all the tools are there in bunches. Quibble all you want about Sanchez v. Fitzpatrick, too. You'd have a better chance of winning that one as opposed to Sanchez v. Luck.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thank God that you took the time while making a thread about Andrew Luck to make sure everyone knows how much you think Sanchez sucks. I mean, there's certainly no means whatsoever by which anyone would have already known that was your opinion. Imagine if nearly every thread on this board ended up having something to do with Sanchez? Man would that be annoying, and make this place nearly unreadable, but it's a good thing we don't have to deal with anything like that.

Art Schlichter, Tim Couch, Akiki Smith, JaMarcus Russell and especially Ryan Leaf all had all the tools, talent and potential as well. Lets use Leaf and the Chargers as an example. They destroyed his NFL career. The same would happen to Luck with the Dolphins. He'd become destroyed with no hope.

A) The Dolphins don't have the type of offensive line that's ready to protect for a rookie.

B.) The Dolphins lack any type of run game, to protect a rookie QB, now that Brown and Williams have both moved on,

C) They don't have the type of defense that can take the pressure off a young rookie quarterback.

Luck wouldn't last in Miami. I'm not sure Roethlisberger would. They're more than just a franchise QB away from success, they're a full roster away from postseason contension.

Also, since when has Fitzpatrick became a better quarterback than Mark Sanchez? 4 weeks into a season means nothing in regards to Fitzpatrick. Fitz has been in this league for 7 years now. How many postseason wins? Exactly. He had a decent season last year, big deal, but he also had 4 laughing stock seasons leading up to last year. Sanchez hasn't even completed his 5th game during his 3rd season.

What a tool of a thread.

Well thank God that you took the time while making a thread about Andrew Luck to make sure everyone knows how much you think Sanchez sucks. I mean, there's certainly no means whatsoever by which anyone would have already known that was your opinion. Imagine if nearly every thread on this board ended up having something to do with Sanchez? Man would that be annoying, and make this place nearly unreadable, but it's a good thing we don't have to deal with anything like that.

tumblr_lmtbu1I8yA1qc344ro1_400.jpg

Art Schlichter, Tim Couch, Akiki Smith, JaMarcus Russell and especially Ryan Leaf all had all the tools, talent and potential as well. Lets use Leaf and the Chargers as an example. They destroyed his NFL career. The same would happen to Luck with the Dolphins. He'd become destroyed with no hope.

A) The Dolphins don't have the type of offensive line that's ready to protect for a rookie.

B.) The Dolphins lack any type of run game, to protect a rookie QB, now that Brown and Williams have both moved on,

C) They don't have the type of defense that can take the pressure off a young rookie quarterback.

Luck wouldn't last in Miami. I'm not sure Roethlisberger would. They're more than just a franchise QB away from success, they're a full roster away from postseason contension.

Also, since when has Fitzpatrick became a better quarterback than Mark Sanchez? 4 weeks into a season means nothing in regards to Fitzpatrick. Fitz has been in this league for 7 years now. How many postseason wins? Exactly. He had a decent season last year, big deal, but he also had 4 laughing stock seasons leading up to last year. Sanchez hasn't even completed his 5th game during his 3rd season.

What a tool of a thread.

I just kinda skimmed this here opus but I agree, Barry Sanders was incredible.

You use the term "unreadable" more than Dexter Manley ever did.

Watching Luck vs. Colorado right now and the guy is just a mutant. Doesn't fluster, ball explodes out of his hand, and is accurate (even on the move). I know, I know--let's wait to see what he does in the pro's, etc. But, all the tools are there in bunches. Quibble all you want about Sanchez v. Fitzpatrick, too. You'd have a better chance of winning that one as opposed to Sanchez v. Luck.

What a tool of a thread.

Not sure which post makes the least sense...the thread starter with an agenda or the the guy who takes the bait and blames the Chargers for the QB that was Ryan Leaf...

Hell I don't know...tool thread/tool reply. We still have ties in football.

Not sure which post makes the least sense...the thread starter with an agenda or the the guy who takes the bait and blames the Chargers for the QB that was Ryan Leaf...

Hell I don't know...tool thread/tool reply. We still have ties in football.

Do you believe there's a GM in the league that wouldn't pick Luck over Sanchez right now?

Do you believe there's a GM in the league that wouldn't pick Luck over Sanchez right now?

Do you believe that right now is what matters? I don't. Talk to me in 3-5 years and we shall see whom is better. Why ll the useless speculation for speculations sake? You can talk big because there is no accountability as we can not see about luck for at least 2 years.

Depends. Unless Luck starts at least 10 more games we probably should write him off as worthless of a draft selection. Seriously though I think the Jets would trade Sanchez for Luck and clearly any other team in the league would. The NFL is all about finding a superstar at QB. Very few fit the bill, and if you dont have one that does you should almost always make the move for the unknown, especially with the new rookie salary structure.

63.7%!

Something like that.

Depends. Unless Luck starts at least 10 more games we probably should write him off as worthless of a draft selection. Seriously though I think the Jets would trade Sanchez for Luck and clearly any other team in the league would. The NFL is all about finding a superstar at QB. Very few fit the bill, and if you dont have one that does you should almost always make the move for the unknown, especially with the new rookie salary structure.

100% agreed. And, I think it says more about Luck than it does Sanchez. Their ceilings aren't comparable.

100% agreed. And, I think it says more about Luck than it does Sanchez. Their ceilings aren't comparable.

Id actually be curious to see the career success of players who seemed to shoot up the draft boards as the draft got closer compared to those who more or less got drafted around their original slotted position. My feeling has always been that teams jump the gun way too early on QBs, specifically in the last 10-15 years pushing certain guys into the top 10, a ton of 2nd round QBs into the first round and a handful of 3rd round types into the 2nd round.I remember a few years ago when I did a 10 year history of the draft there were basically no 2nd rounders selected for the period while everyone picked outside the top 11 busted (Chad was the best draft pick at the time) in the first. I actually dont remember Sanchez being looked at as a top 5 and I dont even think top 10 selection until later in the process. Luck has always been a consensus 1. I wonder if there is any correlation.

You can say the same thing about 85% of the QB's in the league right now.

Interesting Phil Simms take on Sanchez. "Nobody could have played well against the Ravens with the O-Line play AND no open receivers. The WR's have went to REX on Schotty's playcalling three times already this season".

Luck is the best prospect" since Peyton Manning. How that pans out is TBD but when you ask if most GM's would take him over Sanchez I think the same question could be said for the majority of the QBs in the league.

Id actually be curious to see the career success of players who seemed to shoot up the draft boards as the draft got closer compared to those who more or less got drafted around their original slotted position. My feeling has always been that teams jump the gun way too early on QBs, specifically in the last 10-15 years pushing certain guys into the top 10, a ton of 2nd round QBs into the first round and a handful of 3rd round types into the 2nd round.I remember a few years ago when I did a 10 year history of the draft there were basically no 2nd rounders selected for the period while everyone picked outside the top 11 busted (Chad was the best draft pick at the time) in the first. I actually dont remember Sanchez being looked at as a top 5 and I dont even think top 10 selection until later in the process. Luck has always been a consensus 1. I wonder if there is any correlation.

Yeah I still don't understand why Sanchez went as high as he did. He doesn't have any off the charts physical skills, obviously isn't great at reading defenses and he probably played 3 opponents in college that weren't completely outclassed by USC. You would think that a top 5 pick would at least have to have a larger body of work and/or some crazy physical attributes.

Yeah I still don't understand why Sanchez went as high as he did. He doesn't have any off the charts physical skills, obviously isn't great at reading defenses and he probably played 3 opponents in college that weren't completely outclassed by USC. You would think that a top 5 pick would at least have to have a larger body of work and/or some crazy physical attributes.

Circumstance. Woody had new stadium, new coach and just missed with a Hall fame QB that got injured at the end of the season.. He needed a FACE of the franchise to market his team and PSL's. He got the face but not the QB. oops...

I'm sorry we can't all have such a great, fresh, and certainly not at all repetitive take on a very fresh topic like you manage to have. I'll try my best to live up to your lofty standards in the future.

I like to think of myself as the yin to your yang.

Archived