FINALLY ESPN HAS A STORY ON SHOTTY ANS HIS SUCKNESS, only a few years too late

BornJetsFan1983

So Rich C write this and i read how shotty is quoted “I’m always on the hot seat,” Schottenheimer said Friday. “I’ve been on the hot seat for six years. It’s part of the deal and if you spend any time worrying about that stuff, you’re not doing your job because it’s going to be out there.”

No Shotty you arn't doing your job when everyone including my mother knows the plays before you run them, you're not doing your job when two super bowl winning WR cant get a effing TD, your absolutely suck when you cant manage to figure out that maybe you should pass deeper against the Patriots when both your 1 and 2 guys clearly have an advantage.

For Eff sake maybe you should have some dialog about not calling a game like an idiot...DAMN IT i hate shotty..

Sorry to Jetnation I think the hate shotty train has been rollin thick lately but reading this article and being able to imagine him standing there behind a podium acting like everything is fine and the offense is just almost there, ready to a big day soon...

No its not it never will be with your horrible game plan and execution. Its not players fault at this point.

####################################################################################

schottys-seat-gets-hotter

When the Jets last played the Dolphins at home, a group of angry fans outside the post-game interview room chanted during Rex Ryan’s press conference.

“Schotty must go!”

The Jets lost that day, 10-6, and most of the blame went to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who later admitted he heard the derisive chant. If they produce another stinker Monday night, the fans will be calling for Schottenheimer’s head once again.

“I’m always on the hot seat,” Schottenheimer said Friday. “I’ve been on the hot seat for six years. It’s part of the deal and if you spend any time worrying about that stuff, you’re not doing your job because it’s going to be out there.”

This time, the dissatisfaction is coming from the Jets’ locker room. G Brandon Moore fired back Friday at WR Santonio Holmes, who called out the offensive line on two occasions. WR Derrick Mason also made critical comments about the offense, and he was traded to the Texans.

This is all happening on Schottenheimer’s watch.

“We’ve lost three games in a row, guys are frustrated, guys are looking for answers, they all want answers,” Schottenheimer said. “We have a lot of dialogue, we have a lot of things we talk about … I think that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been able to handle tough times in the past.”

It’s never been tougher than this. A published report last Sunday claimed that Mason, Holmes and Plaxico Burress went to Ryan to complain about Schottenheimer’s system. The Jets issued a statement, refuting the report.

“Obviously, I was made aware of it, and once Rex said it was untrue, then I obviously had no concerns about it,” Schottenheimer said.

Ryan has maintained his staunch support of Schottenheimer.

“Brian is an excellent coach, one of the hardest working guys I’ve ever been around,” he said. “We have complete confidence in him, and all our coaches.”

Schottenheimer received criticism for his conservative game plan in last week’s loss to the Patriots. Facing the league’s worst pass defense, the Jets decided to go back to their Ground & Pound rushing attack, balancing run and pass.

Their running game showed signs of improvement, but the offense produced seven three-and-outs in 11 possessions. They also didn’t attempt any passes longer than 22 yards. Schottenheimer defended the game plan. Unlike Holmes, he didn’t blame the offensive line for the pass-protection issues. He believes the offense is close to realizing its potential.

“There are a lot of flashes of really, really good things,” he said. “But when you go out and you do silly things … and I’ll take my fair share of blame for those. I’m ultimately accountable. That, I think, is what’s frustrating.”

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, who knows Schottenheimer from their days together with the San Diego Chargers, said it’s unfair to blame the offensive coordinator for the offensive struggles.

“I hope that’s the feeling (around the team), it should be,” Tomlinson said. “If we want to be champions like we say we want to be, we have to hold each other accountable as players, and not blame it on the coaches all the time. We have to get the job done."

The Jets are ranked 28th in total offense and 13th in scoring, but the once-vaunted running attack has stalled and the offense has produced a total of only 405 yards in the last two games.

As a result, the pressure is mounting on Schottenheimer. His father, Marty, was a longtime NFL coach, so he grew up in the business and learned to develop a thick skin. As a kid, he learned the “midnight rule” from his father: Win or lose, get over it by midnight. Schottenheimer said his mother will text “midnight rule” to him after tough games, a reminder.

But that doesn’t block out the chants.

“Obviously, the people that say they don’t hear it are lying,” he said.

"I’ve been on the hot seat for six years."

That doesn't make it sound better.

And about Schottenhiemer too!

Then again, I don't go to the sports headlines for quality, original, hard hitting, no slant journalism. I go there to know what's going on for my favorite Winter TV series. The NFL might be my second favorite soap behind Passions.

“Brian is an excellent coach, one of the hardest working guys I’ve ever been around,” he said. “We have complete confidence in him, and all our coaches.”

I knew plenty of people in high school and college that were hard working... Prepared for hours for test, put hours upon hours into their design work... And they were still "C" students on a good day.

Hard work is NOT a measurement for capability. Performance is. Right now this offense can't perform, it has always been the same problems... And now the players don't even want to play for each other, which is a fundamental ingredient to any championship aspirations.

6 years, countless QB's, numerous RB's and WR's, several 1st rounders at almost every position...and they still have issues. The only constant is the OC. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would love to meet Schotty so I could punch him square in the face.

I knew plenty of people in high school and college that were hard working... Prepared for hours for test, put hours upon hours into their design work... And they were still "C" students on a good day.

Hard work is NOT a measurement for capability. Performance is. Right now this offense can't perform, it has always been the same problems... And now the players don't even want to play for each other, which is a fundamental ingredient to any championship aspirations.

Would you expect them to do anything but compliment him until the day they fire him?

Honestly, nothing Rex says about Schotty means a thing right now. It's all just talk. Actions matter, and they may come sometime this season, or shortly thereafter.

How could you say they will NEVER win with Schotty. haha They have!!! More than any other Jet OC. He has the BEST record of any of them. He has more playoff wins than any of them. lol

There has been an obvious drop-off since that new guy got hired to nap in the booth (i dont know?) and since Callhan's line has gone to pot.

Last year they were 13th in points scored with a limited qb, the progression of whom, has been recognized as being a very good job by people around the league (pretty much anyone 'outside' the mob (the ciminis and lupicas,namaths and jenkins')

He spent 3 years covering up for the Man-genius, during which time he was also called a genius. They said he had a 'cutting-edge offense' that used different formations...blah blah. All over the place they rank Offensive coordinators. Here he is raked 7. People around the league give him respect, he HAS already won. He is better than hackett and that is obvious from the results. Actually, there is a major spike since 2007.

Shall we walk down memory lane and revisit some of the great 'crews' we've have? We must remember the three years of the penguin and the Herm/Hackett era. If not, I'll remind you: we sucked! lol Maybe we should go back to the head coach/OC hybrid that has been so successful for us. Coslett and his daughter were awesome, as was Kotite. They didn't need no stinkin OC! I even remember the great Charlie Weiss missing the playoffs twice in three tries. (remember the HB toss to Leon Johnson against Detroit? Great f---king call!) But our best ever was a guy named Ron Erhardt. I wish we could cajole him to come back. lol

It is classic American blame. It even has its own catch-phrase--- Fire Schotty. just like terror-ist. (For ex. there is absolutely no proof that OBL was responsible for 9-11, but dont tell us that....lol But i digress.) I'm just glad he has taken it with a grain

The bottom line here is production.

No one on the Jets, not the coaches, not the GM, not the players (for the most part) are going to come out and say Shotty sucks to the press or during a press conference . If Rex was asked about the three WR's who came to him does anyone think for a second Rex would have agreed and said yes three guys did come to complain ? No way . LT says you cant blame the OC, but did anyone here think he would have said yep alot of this is on Shotty ? Does anyone here think the GM or Owner is going to come out an say yeah our OC needs to do a better job ? It would be dreadfully stupid for any of them to do that since it would totally disrupt the team, but it is funny that your starting to hear it from retired players or players who have moved on that has to stand for something since you just dont make those statements for no reason.

All we can do is hope they finally realize internally that a change needs to be made. I think most of us feel Shotty has done a poor job for 6 years with a lot of different personnel and the only way we are going to get clarification is if Shotty is replaced.

6 years, countless QB's, numerous RB's and WR's, several 1st rounders at almost every position...and they still have issues. The only constant is the OC. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would love to meet Schotty so I could punch him square in the face.

seriously you are the best kind of fan, i salute you

How could you say they will NEVER win with Schotty.

Read what I was quoting again...they will never win the Super Bowl with Schotty and I still firmly believe that. I would love to be wrong, but I know I'm not. He's ******* horrible.

Would you expect them to do anything but compliment him until the day they fire him?

Honestly, nothing Rex says about Schotty means a thing right now. It's all just talk. Actions matter, and they may come sometime this season, or shortly thereafter.

I'm quite aware of this... however, the response I gave is still quite relevant, no matter how insincere the lip-service compliments Rex and the FO may be giving Schotty.

Archived