Who is the best player on the Jets not named Darrelle Revis?

Maxman

just because we dont have an even adequate backup for mangold - which exaggerates mangold's ability btw by over-emphasizing his value to the overall function of the OL...the offense...and totality of the team's performance....

this doesn't mean that mangold is easily the second best player on the team.

Brick is probably a little bit better than Mangold. i mean we totally forget how good Mawae was when he was here in his prime....mangold can't even pull remotely as well as Mawae.

at the current clip in time

1. revis

2. brick

3. mangold

4. pace

5. maybin

6. sanchez

7. holmes (too many key drops)

8. keller

9. mcknight

10. dixon (not getting credit around here)

11. pouha

12. harris (underperforming all due respect)

13. wilson

14. scott (missing tackles...)

15. cromartie (lacking discipline)

16. greene

17. wilkerson

18. westerman

19. smith

20. leonard

21. the rest of the OL

22. Plaxico

23. connor

I said this in the preseason. He looks like a different player.

Our best Dlineman right now.

1. Revis

2. Mangold

3. D'brick

4. Harris

5. Pace

6. Holmes

7. Thomas

8. Moore

9. Pouha

10. Keller

11. Scott

12. DeVito

13. Cromartie

14. McKnight

15. Greene

16. LT

17. Wilkerson

18. Wilson

19. Kerley

20. Leonhard

21. Pitoitua

22. Burress

23. Conner

24. Slauson

25. Westerman

26. Pool

27. Dixon

28. Ellis

29. Maybin

30. Sanchez

31. Hunter

32. Smith

etc etc...

Not sure why Brick gets much respect at all

You can not run behind him AT ALL\\Great against pass rush, but horrible in the running game

I feel like the best we've run the ball all year has been behind Brick.

He gets the big bucks to pass block anyway, and he's either the best in the league at that or so close that it doesn't really matter.

just because we dont have an even adequate backup for mangold - which exaggerates mangold's ability btw by over-emphasizing his value to the overall function of the OL...the offense...and totality of the team's performance....

this doesn't mean that mangold is easily the second best player on the team.

Brick is probably a little bit better than Mangold. i mean we totally forget how good Mawae was when he was here in his prime....mangold can't even pull remotely as well as Mawae.

at the current clip in time

1. revis

2. brick

3. mangold

4. pace

5. maybin

6. sanchez

7. holmes (too many key drops)

8. keller

9. mcknight

10. dixon (not getting credit around here)

11. pouha

12. harris (underperforming all due respect)

13. wilson

14. scott (missing tackles...)

15. cromartie (lacking discipline)

16. greene

17. wilkerson

18. westerman

19. smith

20. leonard

21. the rest of the OL

22. Plaxico

23. connor

huh, huh, and huh?

1. Revis

2. Mangold

3. D'brick

4. Harris

5. Pace

6. Holmes

7. Thomas

8. Moore

9. Pouha

10. Keller

11. Scott

12. DeVito

13. Cromartie

14. McKnight

15. Greene

16. LT

17. Wilkerson

18. Wilson

19. Kerley

20. Leonhard

21. Pitoitua

22. Burress

23. Conner

24. Slauson

25. Westerman

26. Pool

27. Dixon

28. Ellis

29. Maybin

30. Sanchez

31. Hunter

32. Smith

etc etc...

Joe McKnight is way too low. I call shenanigans on your list sir!

I'm surprised and disappointed to see so many posters rate Harris ahead of Scott. Scott routinely blows up running plays, which isn't reflected in the stats. Further, he is the Jets' most ferocious defensive player. He, more than anyone left on this team (besides Revis), is the life blood of what has been until recently a killer defense - virtually impenetrable against the inside run. The guy throws his body at fullbacks and guards with reckless abandon. He deserves much more respect here. If Scott doesn't play the way he does - blasting into the RB's preferred running lane - then Harris doesn't make nearly as many plays as he does.

Bart Scott, though he seems to have missed more tackles this year, is still our second best defensive player.

The guy is a warrior.

I'd rate Pace ahead of Harris too. But to me that's a closer call.

Rutgers convinced me. Revised list

1. Revis

2. Mangold

3. D'Brick

4. Harris

5. Holmes

6. McKnight

7. Scott

8. Pace

9. Moore

10. Cro

I don't know how anyone who watched the Jets play without Mangold can include Moore on a top ten list. Without Mangold, Moore was exposed as a mediocre RG. He played well when he was comfortably encsonced between Mangold and Woody. Which is fine but doesn't commend him for a top ten list of Jets.

I feel like the best we've run the ball all year has been behind Brick.

He gets the big bucks to pass block anyway, and he's either the best in the league at that or so close that it doesn't really matter.

I agree.

When Woody was here the Jets were definitely a right handed team. This year their most effective running side has been to the left.

When Brick first came to the Jets his problem was keeping weight on, and run blocking. He seems to have stabilized his weight with age, and his run game has improved dramatically.

I agree.

When Woody was here the Jets were definitely a right handed team. This year their most effective running side has been to the left.

When Brick first came to the Jets his problem was keeping weight on, and run blocking. He seems to have stabilized his weight with age, and his run game has improved dramatically.

Very well said. I'll admit that I was one of Brick's biggest detractors at the beginning. I wanted no part of an underweight LT who couldn't run block to save his life. That said, that was over 5 years ago, and a whole lot has changed since then. Those issues are long since gone, and the guy is a hell of a player from top to bottom. Easily one of the best in the league at what he does, and one of the Jets' best players.

Not sure why Brick gets much respect at all

You can not run behind him AT ALL\\Great against pass rush, but horrible in the running game

Because it's a passing league.

Oh, and Will, IMO, Moore is still recovering from hip surgery. That was a major reason for his troubles when Mangold was out. Further, he has utter trash to his right in Wayne Hunter. If I did a full list I'd put Baxter ahead of Hunter. Yeah, Hunter did a nice job against Wake, but Wake has been mailing it in all season. That said, I hope Hunter gets back to last yr's form.

Because it's a passing league.

Oh, and Will, IMO, Moore is still recovering from hip surgery. That was a major reason for his troubles when Mangold was out. Further, he has utter trash to his right in Wayne Hunter. If I did a full list I'd put Baxter ahead of Hunter. Yeah, Hunter did a nice job against Wake, but Wake has been mailing it in all season. That said, I hope Hunter gets back to last yr's form.

I do agree with this about Moore to an extent, but I also think part of it is just that he's a quite good, but not great, guard. He'll do his job and do it well, but he's not the kind of guy who's going to make up for having spazzes playing next to him either. Throughout his entire career he's shown that just as long as he's got even just solid players next to him, he'll be in great shape, but if not, he's not going to be able to do a whole ton to help them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it just is what it is.

I do agree with this about Moore to an extent, but I also think part of it is just that he's a quite good, but not great, guard. He'll do his job and do it well, but he's not the kind of guy who's going to make up for having spazzes playing next to him either. Throughout his entire career he's shown that just as long as he's got even just solid players next to him, he'll be in great shape, but if not, he's not going to be able to do a whole ton to help them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it just is what it is.

Exactly.

Moore is a solid starter. You'd upgrade him with a probowler. Less than that he is an asset to the line.

Archived