Brian Schottenheimer...

Ghost

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was easily his best game in terms of playcalling this year. Sanchez probably looked worse today than the last few games. He overthrew a lot today. I like that we ran the ball a bit more although, I had some questions about the lack of a commitment to the run in the second quarter.

All in all, a better game from Schotty, but we still are pretty poor on offense.

Our offense is very, very pedestrian at best. However, both sides of the ball seemed to get coached up in the second half.

Are you guys actually serious? He called a pretty damn good game. Just my opinion.

He was decent, not worth complaining about, not worth raving about. Some solid stuff with the usual mind****ery sprinkled in.

I refuse to call anything a "helluva game" that involves a draw play on 2nd and 25, when things weren't looking so good on the other side of the ball.

Funny stuff.

Not a Schotty fan, but this crap is silly.

The game plan was good enough for this game to be a blow out.

Certainly Schotty told Keller to go out there and let a player take a completion off him for a TD. Schotty sucks

Certainly schotty told Sanchez not to see a uncovered Holmes. Should have been a TD. Schotty sucks

Certainly on the very next play Schotty told Sanchez not to see an uncovered Kerley. Should have been a TD. Schotty sucks

Certainly Schotty told Sanchez to double pump, and then throw a ball out of bounds to an uncovered Kerley. Should have been a TD. Schotty sucks

Couple of things here. The Jets won, after trying to throw the game away.

Solid Offensive game plan. The players continued to make mistakes. But

Schotty sucks

Dude shotty called horrible predictable game...talent won over all but in the NFl the difference in talent level is not as wide a margin as people would like to believe. We we face a good team like pats, ravens, etc they predict the horrible play calling and it puts us in huge disadvantage. Not every team is as stupid and good at choking as well documented choke artists SD and DAL are.

For gods sakes its like that first and ten in the second qtr that shotty big surprise calls strite up the gut just like he does every 1st and ten for the last 6 games. And just because Green(talent) made some moves and overcame a stacked box when everyone knew he was coming, doesn't mean it was a good play call. It mean we have some talent.

Its ******* ridiculous to think shotty called a good game. Its ignorant

Funny stuff.

Not a Schotty fan, but this crap is silly.

The game plan was good enough for this game to be a blow out.

Certainly Schotty told Keller to go out there and let a player take a completion off him for a TD. Schotty sucks

Certainly schotty told Sanchez not to see a uncovered Holmes. Should have been a TD. Schotty sucks

Certainly on the very next play Schotty told Sanchez not to see an uncovered Kerley. Should have been a TD. Schotty sucks

Certainly Schotty told Sanchez to double pump, and then throw a ball out of bounds to an uncovered Kerley. Should have been a TD. Schotty sucks

Couple of things here. The Jets won, after trying to throw the game away.

Solid Offensive game plan. The players continued to make mistakes. But

Schotty sucks

Are you trying to guilt us into giving him a game ball?

I hate this guy with a passion, but he called a helluva game today. Good stuff, Schottenheimer.

You are 100% right about today, although I dont understand hating with a passion, especially coming off of Walton, Coslet, Kotite, (3 year reprieve and even those so called glory years included one AFC championship and two crappy seasons that ended on crucial offensive mistakes), then into Groh and Herm/Hackett/Hermdinger, you would think we would be happy. You see Norv Turner's team suck today. Last year, we were 13th in the league in points scored and 11th in yards. This year we are 11th in points dispite no running game before today. It was quite obvious when Schotty took over, we slowly went from the 20's to 9th in points. I remember his first year everybody gushed about his formations and his complex offense that only pennington can execute, even though he couldn't throw too well. Then he and Favre took us to 8-3, until he too could throw so well. Then he got a rookie QB that has been nursed along.

Somewhere along the line, amid our recent elevation to a prime time team, which he had a hand in obviously; that's why he was considered for the HC job and retained by Rex, he became a problem. He's not perfect. I wouldn't call him an offensive guru, but I can't think of many out there anyway. I can say definitely, bottomline; He can get you to a SB and win it. If this offense executes (and Id like to see him have the luxury of continuity and keep cotchery and brad smith/Edwards, but....), they can beat anybody.

I know nobody wants Hackett or Hermdinger or Kotite back. There were games then where we lost because of clock management repeatedly or else we just didn't have what it took, the firepower, the plays, the formations...we were just dead to rites ti begin with. Now, we are a different team altogether. We are Monday Night, baby! Get used to it!

It is amazing how much better your OC looks when the OL is opening holes and protecting the QB.

It was great today to see the Jets get back to what they do best.

Run the Football.

It is how Sanchez works best. Let the ground game set up the passing game.

Now we get the bye week. Mangold gets two weeks to really get that ankle healthy. Then a big game against the Bills.

This is probably the first time all year I have really felt good about this team.

Agree. He had curious calls once again. The defense bailed hi butt out in a game we should have lit up the scoreboard.

Exactly. The way our guys play, this is a 42 point offense. The way Schottenheimer calls the game, it's a 17-20 point offense. It's HORSEDOOKIE! He's a POS and he's tearing the Jets and their fans Jet APART!

Schotty wasn't on the field. They had some execution issues, as well as some penalty issues. The play calling was better than normal. It was enough to win. The defense got stout when necessary, but they still have some issues. Overall, Jets won. Perhaps, just perhaps, they're starting to gel?

Why are you laughing? This is real life Madden, where the coaches and their advisers work the controller. There is no other significant factor involved in the playing of football games on Sunday.

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows NFL coaches are paid millions of dollars just to sit around and pick their noses. They really don't do anything at all and certainly have absolutely no impact on the performance of their team.

Exactly. The way our guys play, this is a 42 point offense. The way Schottenheimer calls the game, it's a 17-20 point offense. It's HORSEDOOKIE! He's a POS and he's tearing the Jets and their fans Jet APART!

After reading this thread, if anything deserves to be torn apart it's this fan base.

I like the fact that they finally started taking the 5 yards when the other team jumped.

BTW, while we are blaming Moore for the good plays and Schottenheimer for the bad did anybody notice that Simms said that the Jets went away from zone blocking? Interesting when you consider that they were finally able to run the damn ball

In that case I'm glad they finally figured it out right before the bye.

Anyways, schitty did call a good game but the execution was still average at best. That one mangold penalty as the ineligible man downfield seemed like horsesh*t but whatever. I'm glad sanchez finally seemed in sync with plax.

In that case I'm glad they finally figured it out right before the bye.

Anyways, schitty did call a good game but the execution was still average at best. That one mangold penalty as the ineligible man downfield seemed like horsesh*t but whatever. I'm glad sanchez finally seemed in sync with plax.

Many of the calls seemed to be horsesh*t, but they seemed more in the Jets favor than not. I still didn't like it because I think it hurts the game, but I'll take the win however it comes.

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows NFL coaches are paid millions of dollars just to sit around and pick their noses. They really don't do anything at all and certainly have absolutely no impact on the performance of their team.

Yick....

1 - Players get paid more for a reason...well maybe a reason...you know it as "excuses" in this situation.

2 - So is he lazy or is he bad? Both?

Archived