Do Jets SPY Tebow

SouthernJet

stack the box, mix up the looks but keep 7,8,9 guys near the line and yeah, keep a spy on him at all times. do not let him get to the edge. 57 or 52 should be all over TT thursday night. no moreno for them and mcgahee is iffy so he will be their only running threat. dont try to tell me lance ball will run on us. control the line and let the linebackers/white boy smith stop the run. let revis play his usual dominate tight man to man on eric decker, put cro on d thomas to negate his size and bring in kyle to cover ed royal. little jimmy over the top for any poorly thrown balls and boom their offense is stopped.

now on the other side of the ball............

this is what you're going to see... they're going to play this kind of like the Wildcat. They are going to split Pace and Westerman out REALLY wide. If you remember, in the 1st game the Dolphins ran the WC in 2009, they killed us with it, then we played them a few weeks later, than Pace/Thomas played really wide, keeping the play in the middle of the field. Those wide guys would run toward the "QB" on the snap. The play would be funneled to 57 and 52, and we'd rely on them making the tackle.

I do think we're going to have 8 in the box.. at all times. You won't see much of Wilson this game, and I think you'll see a 4 man line. I think we may end up playing a 4-4-3, and at the beginning of the game say, "Mr Revis, this is Mr Decker, have fun boys." and play 10 on 10.

I know the Broncos ran 50 plus times last game and threw only 8 times.

But if they are looking at the Pats-Jets game tap won't be surprised if they are licking their chops at what they can do to JETS safety out of play action!

AKA, what you can do with any great TE's against any safeties in the league. The Broncos don't have Gronkowski.

Eric Smith spy Tebow all day, let him blast that guy to bits. He will demolish him.

..no they will not "spy" tebow... spy is for passing purposes when you're afraid the qb is capable of taking off, so you take an LB out of coverage.. they will have QB accounted for tho.. option football DLine needs to take dive, LB's take QB, and secondary take the pitch.. and then you have to strategically switch it up as to confuse the QB.. obviously this is simplifying it.. but i think thats what you'll see, tebow is not dangerous enough a runner to warrant a spy

..no they will not "spy" tebow... spy is for passing purposes when you're afraid the qb is capable of taking off, so you take an LB out of coverage.. they will have QB accounted for tho.. option football DLine needs to take dive, LB's take QB, and secondary take the pitch.. and then you have to strategically switch it up as to confuse the QB.. obviously this is simplifying it.. but i think thats what you'll see, tebow is not dangerous enough a runner to warrant a spy

I disagree, you can easily spy a running back with a safety just as you can a shifty QB. This would be even more like spying a running back since well, he runs it almost as much as B.Smith did out of the wildcat.

I am a bit worried about how nonchalant our defense is about shutting the Broncos down. Overconfidence could kick us right in the teeth.

Archived