Mark Sanchez MY QB!!!!

Schmidt

Over Sanchez's three seasons with them, the Jets have made a habit of bringing in veteran wide outs with just one or two years remaining on their contracts: Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason TE Keller.

The average NFL wide receiver has 2.72 years of tenure with his current team, according to Stats LLC, and none of the top three wide outs now on the Jets' roster—Holmes, Burress and rookie Jeremy Kerley—has been with them longer than a year and a half.

2009 The Jets have a youthful pool of receivers on the roster, including Jerricho Cotchery, David Clowney, Chansi Stuckey, Brad Smith, and Marcus Henry. Cotchery, after the departure of Coles, has been promoted to the top slot on the depth chart. TE Keller

2010 Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery, David Clowney,Brad Smith, Laveranues Coles, David Clowney, Danny Woodhead, and Aundrae Allison, TE Keller

The ONLY one I see for all three years D. Keller

In the first five games we were 2-3 Mangold was hurt for those three losses. The center who took his place is on SD’s Practice squad (where we got him from) AND SD traded with Miami to replace their center when he got hurt. In those games Sanchez was BATTERED AND BRUISED, SACKED, HIT AND HURRIED all the time.

He has more playoff wins in JETS history more 4th quarter comeback wins than any I can remember AND I have been a JETS fan since they were the NT Titans at the Polo Grounds. SO GIVE THE QB A BREAK he just maybe the best in Jets history…time will tell AND while I’m at it REX is the Winn ingest Jets coach so get off his back too!!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to break it to you, but Sanchez is 25 years old, and "the kid" makes $16.5 Million per year. Let's put things in perspective here - he has long stopped growing. He's paid a helluva lot of money to entertain us. If "the kid" is throwing the football to people wearing different uniforms, I ain't entertained. And just because some will hold him to a standard, that doesn't mean you're not as loyal a fan - it simply means you have standards. If "the kid" (who's catching sh*t from his coaches for his poor play) can't handle the heat from Jets fans, then he might think about a different line of entertainment. I hear he likes Broadway shows ...

Hate to break it to you, but Sanchez is 25 years old, and "the kid" makes $16.5 Million per year. Let's put things in perspective here - he has long stopped growing. He's paid a helluva lot of money to entertain us. If "the kid" is throwing the football to people wearing different uniforms, I ain't entertained. And just because some will hold him to a standard, that doesn't mean you're not as loyal a fan - it simply means you have standards. If "the kid" (who's catching sh*t from his coaches for his poor play) can't handle the heat from Jets fans, then he might think about a different line of entertainment. I hear he likes Broadway shows ...

I dont understand that. How has he long stopped growing when he's in just his 3rd year, on top of the fact of leaving college early?

This has nothing to do with his progression but everything with his salary which as fans I never seem to understand. If we dont want to pay top dollar for a 3rd year QB needing to develop we shouldnt draft one with the 5th pick.

In respects to the entertaining part, I get you. However, Sanchez is showing some progression, and putting the team on his back last week is a start. Im not saying to crown him already, but you cant dismiss it either. Dude isnt even a veteran yet.

We should focus more on getting him the coaches/coordinators instead of changing every one of his targets every year. Sanchez is in his 3rd year and his only consistent target on the field is Dustin Keller. 16.5 million dollars has nothing to do with that fact.

If you hate the QB root for another team with a so called real QB .

Your starting to sound like you dont even want the kid to succeed that this point

The irony of course being that the guy who thinks the QB sucks is the bad Jets fan, but the guy who thinks the WRs, the RBs, and the OL sucks, along with the coaching staff, is the one doing a good job rooting for his team.

The irony of course being that the guy who thinks the QB sucks is the bad Jets fan, but the guy who thinks the WRs, the RBs, and the OL sucks, along with the coaching staff, is the one doing a good job rooting for his team.

always a favorite line to play in response Queen to BadFan

He has more playoff wins in JETS history more 4th quarter comeback wins than any I can remember AND I have been a JETS fan since they were the NT Titans at the Polo Grounds. SO GIVE THE QB A BREAK he just maybe the best in Jets history

This doesn't mean he is a good quarterback, it just means we haven't been very good.

And yes, I think Namath is a big mouth with little talent.

I dont understand that. How has he long stopped growing when he's in just his 3rd year, on top of the fact of leaving college early?

We should focus more on getting him the coaches/coordinators instead of changing every one of his targets every year. Sanchez is in his 3rd year and his only consistent target on the field is Dustin Keller. 16.5 million dollars has nothing to do with that fact.

Villian - I was just busting about him "not growing" anymore. I didn't mean 'professionally' or 'maturity-wise.' I sincerely meant, the guy's 25, he ain't getting any taller - it was a joke!! I agree the coaches should find a way to keep the same dudes to throw to every year, but truthfully, it doesn't seem to be an issue with most of the "good" QBs in this league.

Villian - I was just busting about him "not growing" anymore. I didn't mean 'professionally' or 'maturity-wise.' I sincerely meant, the guy's 25, he ain't getting any taller - it was a joke!! I agree the coaches should find a way to keep the same dudes to throw to every year, but truthfully, it doesn't seem to be an issue with most of the "good" QBs in this league.

my bad. its hard to gauge sometimes when reading it.

Ridiculous. The reason Drew Brees was so good the first year he went to New Orleans is because he was already familiar with and used to his rookie (and often-injured) late-7th-round WR, has-been (and often-injured) Joe Horn, seldom-used (and often-injured) Devery Henderson, and the stud TE duo of often-injured Mark Campbell & often-injured Ernie Conwell. Oh, and he was totally used to the offensive system because they used the identical one in San Diego as well. Their OL did not have a single player returning in his role from the prior season. The only returning starter was Brown, and he was moved from RT to LT; the other 4 were 2 free agents, 1 first-year starter, and a rookie.

If only Sanchez had those advantages he'd be leading the NFL in passing yards, he'd be completing 2/3 of his passes, and he'd be a first-team all-pro this year. We all know it.

Ridiculous. The reason Drew Brees was so good the first year he went to New Orleans is because he was already familiar with and used to his rookie (and often-injured) late-7th-round WR, has-been (and often-injured) Joe Horn, seldom-used (and often-injured) Devery Henderson, and the stud TE duo of often-injured Mark Campbell & often-injured Ernie Conwell. Oh, and he was totally used to the offensive system because they used the identical one in San Diego as well. Their OL did not have a single player returning in his role from the prior season. The only returning starter was Brown, and he was moved from RT to LT; the other 4 were 2 free agents, 1 first-year starter, and a rookie.

If only Sanchez had those advantages he'd be leading the NFL in passing yards, he'd be completing 2/3 of his passes, and he'd be a first-team all-pro this year. We all know it.

you left out his RB's that catch 150 + passes a year ?

Funny I watched a clip on NFL network last night (forget the guy who was doing the analysis) he was pointing out the fact that after watching a ton of film on the NYJ he noticed that the Jets WR's never get any separation most of all Santonio Holmes . He said it makes it hard for a QB to constantly try to throw a ball into a 2 foot window and that most of the Jets offensive woes have nothing to do with Mark Sanchez. He also blamed alot of it on the routes and play calls. Thats pretty interesting coming from someone who has access to NFL film. We only get bits and pieces of this problem by watching games on sunday but this guy claims it happens alarmingly often.

So not only does our QB have to deal with Offensive Line Issues, he also has RB's who cant catch the football, WR's who cant create separation. Ever wonder why Sanchez throws well on the run ? Because most of the time when you roll out of the pocket it creates openings not only for good throwing lanes but the Recievers can also create some space between them and the CB's which gives Sanchez the chance to actully hit an Open receiver. Im not sure why our WR's have such issues getting open but this seems to be a symptom of Shatys offense since its been Happening here since he came on board 6 years ago and I was pointing it out then as well. After all, predictability does not help the problem its the cause of it.

I'm guessing it wasn't this piece on NFL network: http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d824ace45/Playbook-Jets-vs-Redskins

Where they talk about how many more INTs Sanchez should have thrown last week, how valuable Plaxico Burress has been for the team, and indirectly compliment Schotty's playcalling in the redzone?

Rex Ryan?

Guessing the next move.

I'm guessing it wasn't this piece on NFL network: http://www.nfl.com/v...ets-vs-Redskins

Where they talk about how many more INTs Sanchez should have thrown last week, how valuable Plaxico Burress has been for the team, and indirectly compliment Schotty's playcalling in the redzone?

It was not that piece EY it was on late at night and I didnt know the guys who were discussing

Funny I watched a clip on NFL network last night (forget the guy who was doing the analysis) he was pointing out the fact that after watching a ton of film on the NYJ he noticed that the Jets WR's never get any separation most of all Santonio Holmes . He said it makes it hard for a QB to constantly try to throw a ball into a 2 foot window and that most of the Jets offensive woes have nothing to do with Mark Sanchez. He also blamed alot of it on the routes and play calls. Thats pretty interesting coming from someone who has access to NFL film. We only get bits and pieces of this problem by watching games on sunday but this guy claims it happens alarmingly often.

So not only does our QB have to deal with Offensive Line Issues, he also has RB's who cant catch the football, WR's who cant create separation. Ever wonder why Sanchez throws well on the run ? Because most of the time when you roll out of the pocket it creates openings not only for good throwing lanes but the Recievers can also create some space between them and the CB's which gives Sanchez the chance to actully hit an Open receiver. Im not sure why our WR's have such issues getting open but this seems to be a symptom of Shatys offense since its been Happening here since he came on board 6 years ago and I was pointing it out then as well. After all, predictability does not help the problem its the cause of it.

that's the thing. when the offense is horrible, week after week, "it takes a village" so to speak.

if it was one guy, it would have been fixed by now.

there are issues all over the offensive side of the ball, and from mulligan to hunter to sanchez to shotty

lazy thinkers just hate on the QB and OC.

I think most jets fans see what is going on, it's just ugly all over

Archived