And So It Has Begun...The Rumblings About Sanchez' Future here

SoFlaJets

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we get rid of Sanchez, who are we getting? I am sick of looking for a quarterback every 4 years. New Orleans will never let Drew Brees go so that is out of the question. The only other option would be Peyton Manning and don't get me wrong I would get rid of Sanchez for even a 2 years run with Peyton Manning, but I do not want to draft another quarterback, go through the rookie pains and all that just to find out he is not the guy. This isnt going to be a good quarterback draft outside of Andrew Luck. So Ill stick with Sanchez until I know he is not the answer. I know Brian Schottenheimer is not the answer, but I still do not know on Mark Sanchez.

I don't watch enough college ball. I was hopeful that he'd be good. I was the same way with Gholston. Unfortunately, hope was all I had.

Gholston i knew would be a stiff.. I had high hopes for Sanchez, still think he could be good too

So who do you draft and what Free Agent do you pick up without settling for another almost playoff season and no closer to a championship and then havign to hope the guy we draft is going to be any better than Sanchez. Everyone keeps saying they want Sanchez gone but no one has come up with anythind solid that isn't a pipe dream.

I listed a few QBs who would be suitable as #2's. A hell of a lot more so than Mark Brunell anyway. Someone else may materialize after the season-beginning cuts as well. This doesn't even account for unrealistic/ridiculous long-shot options like Manning or Brees. I'd throw Flynn's name in there but someone will probably cough up way too much to compete with.

Someone like that needs to be in a legitimate camp competition with Sanchez or with a rookie. But under no circumstances should the solution be to keep Sanchez and pair him with a rookie since Sanchez has nothing to teach a rookie, any more than Clemens had something to teach Sanchez in '09. If they draft someone in the early rounds, dump or trade Sanchez and - barring a lights-out training camp - let the rookie hold a clipboard like a rookie QB is supposed to.

Yeah it is

With that said I would still do the deal if Brees is available. He says he's not signing the tag. We'll see. I have a hard time seeing him leave the Saints, and if he dose he is going to be EXPENSIVE.

I think the Jets have a decent back up on the roster right now. I really like McElroy. I was stunned he was still there in the 7th

I am not sure Brees would be available as well. No team would let a QB get away after the season he has had.

I fear the same thing RJF, that he's turned into "damaged goods" the same way that it happened to David Carr in Houston.

Carr was setting records for getting hit and sacked in Houston year by year. He was the QB of a horrible expansion team who's big move to protect him (Bosseli) got injured almost immediately.

Compared to Carr, Sanchez was raised in the lap of luxury as a young QB. I don't think he's so far gone yet. Waaaay too early for that, though I realize it's natural for The Jet Fan to take the leap there.

Carr was setting records for getting hit and sacked in Houston year by year. He was the QB of a horrible expansion team who's big move to protect him (Bosseli) got injured almost immediately.

Compared to Carr, Sanchez was raised in the lap of luxury as a young QB. I don't think he's so far gone yet. Waaaay too early for that, though I realize it's natural for The Jet Fan to take the leap there.

how many hits does it take? How many games of being bum rushed? We have no idea, all we can do is HOPE that Sanchez hasn't passed the Carr threshold yet or we best have another QB ready to go, and not another over-the-hill babysitter/QB coach in uniform PRETENDING to be a backup. All year whenever Sanchez struggled no one could even say "hey put the backup QB in" because the general consensus around the team was "we CAN'T put Brunnell in, why he's too old and even WORSE than Sanchez".

The trouble with the 2011 Jets has been way too many positions that we have had the same excuse for: you HAVE to play Wayne Hunter because of Ducasse is even worse. You have to play Eric Smith because, well we HAVE nobody else,

Everyone has said that the reason Carr wasn't any good in the pros was he was shell-shocked from getting hit too much. How do we know that? Maybe he just sucked?

how many hits does it take? How many games of being bum rushed? We have no idea, all we can do is HOPE that Sanchez hasn't passed the Carr threshold yet or we best have another QB ready to go, and not another over-the-hill babysitter/QB coach in uniform PRETENDING to be a backup. All year whenever Sanchez struggled no one could even say "hey put the backup QB in" because the general consensus around the team was "we CAN'T put Brunnell in, why he's too old and even WORSE than Sanchez".

The trouble with the 2011 Jets has been way too many positions that we have had the same excuse for: you HAVE to play Wayne Hunter because of Ducasse is even worse. You have to play Eric Smith because, well we HAVE nobody else,

This is my biggest fear. From the first snap he took this year to Saturday Sanchez has taken an ungodly amount of really brutal hits. Since the Baltimore game he just hasn't been able to pull the trigger and let it go.

That might be my biggest concern going into 2012. If Sanchez doesn't bounce back from this then the Jets very well may have to look into drafting another QB.

Boy oh boy.....Sure is INTERESTING how so many who've simply ignored my posts are finally realizing that im not such an idiot disguised as a kook, after all. All ive been saying is that i dont see it in this guy. Hes a JAG. And he sucks too!! Too short, too frightened in the pocket, doesnt posess BASIC Quarterback skills. Does not look off the Safeties, LBs , or Nickel back. Horrible footwork ( happy-feet), doesnt climb the pocket, doesnt pump-fake, stares down recievers, throws TO the reciever ( doesnt LEAD) or throw the WR's open, doesnt trust talented WRs to win one-on-ones downfield...hence the BARRAGE OF CHECK-DOWNS......in other words...everything Ive said countless times before. We need to get another QB that at least, has the basics. This was a HUGH blunder of an experiment....HUGE !!!! Anyway , hope we sneak in playoffs...maybe M.Brunell might get to play....... GO JETS!....... !!!!!........................... :box:

Boy oh boy.....Sure is INTERESTING how so many who've simply ignored m posts are finally realizing that im not such an idiot disguised as a kook, after all.

Seriously. I can't imagine those starting to acknowledge Sanchez's flaws thinking of anything but you and your 92 posts.

Thanx Bro!! The sarcasm is great too!!! Happy holiday season. Im not just beating him down, but he just doesnt pass the eye test. There are two QBs in this league, that have the same problem. Kevin Kolb, and Blaine Gabbert. When the camera pans around to the QB's eyes, they all have the EXACT same look.....FEAR!!!!!! Not surprsingly, they get the same result. I domt care to hear anymore about his work-ethic. Almost all of the players in this league have that!! You would be a fool to go out there without being in football SHAPE!!! He just isnt very good.....Period!!!

D. Carr, year 3: 85.3 rating

J. Harrington, year 3: 77.5 rating

K. Boller, year 3: 71.8 rating

JP Losman, year 3: 83.9 rating

T. Couch, year 3: 73.1 rating

M. Leinart, year 3: 80.2 rating

Aliki Smith, year 3: 73.4 rating

Smith had 8 pass attempts his 3rd year

Leinart had 29 attempts

carr had 16 td's to 14 int's

harrington had 19-12

loseman had 19-14

couch had 17/21

Sanchez is now at 24-15 with 6 rushing td's.

Marino 84.1 30 td 21 int 3rd year.

LMFAO - great example. Never mind that in his second season he broke a record that untill Monday night stood for 25 years while leading his team to the SB and throwing 48 TD's which was also a record at the time.

My god, you Sanchez lovers are unreal.

Smith had 8 pass attempts his 3rd year

Leinart had 29 attempts

carr had 16 td's to 14 int's

harrington had 19-12

loseman had 19-14

couch had 17/21

Sanchez is now at 24-15 with 6 rushing td's.

I guess I'll have to spell out the point then, huh?

The fact that some QBs played poorly in their 3rd year and got better has no bearing on what Mark Sanchez will do. Some QBs play poorly and get better, some play poorly and stay that way.

Ironically, in pointing out that my comparisons are imperfect and prove nothing, you've pretty much proven my point to perfection. So, thanks.

The fact that some QBs played poorly in their 3rd year and got better has no bearing on what Mark Sanchez will do. Some QBs play poorly and get better, some play poorly and stay that way.

Ironically, in pointing out that my comparisons are imperfect and prove nothing, you've pretty much proven my point to perfection. So, thanks.

So then would your point be to give Sanchez more time to see if he gets better or not?

LMFAO - great example. Never mind that in his second season he broke a record that untill Monday night stood for 25 years while leading his team to the SB and throwing 48 TD's which was also a record at the time.

My god, you Sanchez lovers are unreal.

I was only following the sample of the 3rd year.

So you think Sanchez should have more time?

So then would your point be to give Sanchez more time to see if he gets better or not?

You need to look to improve the position. This is a Quarterbacks league, and our QB's best games have been when we've been able to hide him. Our three game winning streak included an offensive strategy of almost no throws that traveled over 10 yards in the air. I see very few skills to build off of... He's inaccurate, he doesn't protect the football well, he struggles to go through his progressions, he locks onto one WR more often than not, he is horrific under pressure, he's a pretty poor decision maker, he's short and gets a lot of batted and tipped balls, and his arm is below average. When you look at the great QBs who didn't have early success in their career, they didn't really carry that laundry list of problems, nor were they fortunate enough to be drafted by a playoff caliber team. That's often been forgotten, with a healthy Favre, we were a force the year before. Now, Sanchez is better on the run, and better in playfake situations, but the latter is true for most QBs and the former isn't impressive enough to matter when you consider he's not a Vick type player.

I believe we won games the past two years in spite of him. Look at the playoffs. While he made some nice plays, and he does do that from time to time, he threw for almost no yards in games being heralded as his banner games. Again, Sanchez is at his best when you hide him. Unfortunately, as we've seen in the last decade plus in this league, that's not how you win championships. We didn't win championships.

But, you asked what my plan was, not my opinion on Sanchez. There are two plans:

1) P. Manning or Drew Brees becomes available. You take then and never look back, you cut/trade Sanchez, or offer him a major pay cut to stay. Then you draft a late round QB with good measurables and work to develop him for year 3 or 4.

2) You go after a Matt Flynn, Matt Cassel, Jason Campbell type player. You bring Sanchez in some real competition and if he loses the TC battle, he loses the TC battle. You also draft another developmental mid round type QB with good measurables and try to coach him into being a player.

Either way, you don't go into this season with nothing but Sanchez again. He's been handed a job he didn't deserve, and he'd probably have given it back if not for the fact that the Jets have no other option at the position. Or, you could just blame it all on the OC.

You're really not good at this.

? If I wanted to be a wise a$$ like yourself, I could. The question was sincere. If you and your circle jerk cronies have nothing better than to irritate the people on this board with your novice condescending attempt at humor you have a sad existence.

? If I wanted to be a wise a$$ like yourself, I could. The question was sincere. If you and your circle jerk cronies have nothing better than to irritate the people on this board with your novice condescending attempt at humor you have a sad existence.

First, see the post above.

Second, you troll me. So, who needs a life?

you can add whatever turns you on, I could care less. I think its 7 by the way, the fumble last week was on Mangold.

I'm sure Sanchez has never thrown a pass bad enough to be incomplete but was saved by a receiver or overturned by an official. It seems you want to count things that Sanchez gets the statistical benefit for and take away those he doesn't.

And people aren't on Sanchez for his stats. They're on him because he's a lousy QB.

Archived