New franchise QB...via Revis?

KINGDIRK

In a qb driven league, we don’t have a QB (63 turnovers in 47 games, 26 turnovers in his 3rd year, 55% completion %, 16-16 over the past two regular seasons).

Last 4 Super Bowl QB match-ups: Rodgers/Big Ben….Brees/Peyton…..Big Ben/Warner…..Eli/Brady. It’s always been about the QBs but even moreso as the rules continue to favor the offense. The Sanchez’s, Moores, Kolbs, Henne’s, Tavaris Jacksons, Tebows, Cassels, McCoys, Fitzpatricks of the world aint gonna do it. So you need to do everything you can to find a QB and cannot stop until you do.

If the Jets feel that a guy like Baylor QB RG3 could be a top QB then they need to do everything to trade up for him. You get on the phone with the Saint Louis Rams and you tell them you want their # 2 overall pick. And say the word REVIS and begin to talk. Some people will say trading a home grown Hall of Famer is blasphemy; but that is short sighted. Im not saying trade Revis, but if they feel there is a QB prospect out there that could be great, you do it. With no starting RT, S, OLB (one that can rush the passer), ILB, WR#2 we arent close to winning a Super Bowl. So nows as good a time as any.

.....That being said if we landed a Ryan Leaf type bust, I will be done with football and start following the wnba.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets can not get their next QB through the draft. No first time coach will get that much time...two kids to develop. Not going to happen. Honestly it is going to be Sanchez and the other other possibility would be Peyton. Not saying they will get him or could actually pull that off. Just saying that it would take something of that magnitude.

The Jets can not get their next QB through the draft. No first time coach will get that much time...two kids to develop. Not going to happen. Honestly it is going to be Sanchez and the other other possibility would be Peyton. Not saying they will get him or could actually pull that off. Just saying that it would take something of that magnitude.

Agreed. We just put three seasons into Sanchez. Woody is giving anyone that long to develop under Rex. Quite frankly I don't think the fan base would either. We are going at it with Sanchez guys. Brace yourselves. The problem I have is with the system and seriously mind numbing routes we run. It's just plain silly at times. Oh... and I'm not a Sanchez fan. It's just how I see it playing out.

I can't believe I am defending Mark after what I saw in the Miami finally but I will. Before this year, most of us were unsure about Mark, but were pretty satisfied with his performances in the playoffs. It was never pretty but with the game on the line he performed well. When this season began in the first 4 weeks Mark looked like he was making serious improvements.

Dallas, Jacksonville, Oakland, and Baltimore. Dallas and Oakland he put up solid numbers, Jacksonville looked ugly, but he completed 70% of his passes. Then the wheels fell off in Baltimore because the line became no more effective than a marshmallow. The team then shifted to a more run oriented team and the game plans became more erratic. Sanchez became more of a liability and his confidence began to wane.

I think he can be an effective passer is his offensive line is a lot more stable. I think a lot of his issues devolved because he began to panic in the pocket. Tannenbaum has to go all out to give Mark the kind of protection a franchise QB deserves. He needs a solid blocking TE. A right tackle who won't whiff every third play, a healthy Rob Turner, and an effective third down back who can pass block.

I won't be dissapointed if Mark is the QB next year if they address those four issues above.

All this being said I would still prefer the team acquire Tom Clements and Matt Flynn from Green Bay, because I got the impression that Mark checked out and no longer cared in that Miami game.

In a qb driven league, we don’t have a QB (63 turnovers in 47 games, 26 turnovers in his 3rd year, 55% completion %, 16-16 over the past two regular seasons).

I'm so sick of people quoting the stat above. Here's another one, guess who this belongs to:

59 turnovers in the last 48 games

I'm so sick of people quoting the stat above. Here's another one, guess who this belongs to:

59 turnovers in the last 48 games

Ok, forget about Sanchez's sh*tty stats. Do you watch him play? Do you see his inability to complete passes down the field? The inability to be accurate on short passes? The lack of poise in the pocket? The inability to take control of this team?

Ok, forget about Sanchez's sh*tty stats. Do you watch him play? Do you see his inability to complete passes down the field? The inability to be accurate on short passes? The lack of poise in the pocket? The inability to take control of this team?

So ignore his stats that you brought up, now that they don't work to your favor. I get it now.

And yes, those are Eli's stats the last 3 years. That's a lot of turnovers for someone who's been in the league as long as he has. You should see his first few seasons too. His completion % was worse than Sanchez. But that doesn't jive with your agenda so it's easy to ignore.

Some QB's come into the league and light it up. Others take several years. I'm not ready to give up on Sanchez this soon because I know plenty of Giants' fans who wanted to run Eli out of town too, and now they can't bring themselves to say one bad thing about him.

But Jets' fans are generally spoiled, whiny bitches who don't know how to handle even the smallest bit of success. I remember sitting through the Kotite years, and this is nowhere close to that, regardless of what some Jets' fans make it seem.

Giving up Revis on someone thats not a sure thing is asinine.

Keeping Revis when an opportunity comes to acquire someone who may be significantly better than Sanchez is also asinine. If the best we can do with Revis is go 8-8 then he clearly isn't as important as we make him out to be. Not to mention he'll probably hold out after 2012 anyways.

All that matters in this league is the QB, and ours is sh*tty. That is our # 1 issue this offseason. Fix it now when there are some good QB's on the market or delay the inevitable.

Keeping Revis when an opportunity comes to acquire someone who may be significantly better than Sanchez is also asinine. If the best we can do with Revis is go 8-8 then he clearly isn't as important as we make him out to be. Not to mention he'll probably hold out after 2012 anyways.

All that matters in this league is the QB, and ours is sh*tty. That is our # 1 issue this offseason.

If the QB is the "only thing that matters", then how did we win 4 playoff games in 2 years with a bad QB?

If the QB is the "only thing that matters", then how did we win 4 playoff games in 2 years with a bad QB?

What trophy did we get for those playoff wins? Where are we now? The last 2 Super Bowls featured Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger. Like I said, the QB is all that matters.

I mean, sure, you'll get an occasional anomaly. The Niners are this year's version of the 2009 and 2010 Jets. When you have a top 5 defense and running game, you can win a playoff game or 2.

But when the D and running game fall off like they did for us this year, you need your QB to carry you. Sanchez can't.

Meanwhile, the Pats and Packers have two of the worst defenses in the league and below average running games, yet the 2 teams combined for 4 losses. You put Sanchez on the Pats or Packers and they'd suck.

the rams will want to trade back and stockpile picks or take that OSU WR wassisname

They definitely will go for a bunch of picks rather than a marquee player. They need help everywhere, especially the OL to keep Bradford from getting killed. No way they have the slightest interest in Mr. Meevis.

So ignore his stats that you brought up, now that they don't work to your favor. I get it now.

And yes, those are Eli's stats the last 3 years. That's a lot of turnovers for someone who's been in the league as long as he has. You should see his first few seasons too. His completion % was worse than Sanchez. But that doesn't jive with your agenda so it's easy to ignore.

Some QB's come into the league and light it up. Others take several years. I'm not ready to give up on Sanchez this soon because I know plenty of Giants' fans who wanted to run Eli out of town too, and now they can't bring themselves to say one bad thing about him.

But Jets' fans are generally spoiled, whiny bitches who don't know how to handle even the smallest bit of success. I remember sitting through the Kotite years, and this is nowhere close to that, regardless of what some Jets' fans make it seem.

Thank god! Alleluia!! And all that.....a jet fan who isn't outright ridiculous and drinking the same kool aid as the rest of them.

Great post!!!

Cracks me up that everyone ignores these stats. Eli (with the exception of this year and the playoffs/Super Bowl of 07) hasn't been much different than Sanchez throughout his career statistically. and anyone who ignores it is insane. I've been screaming it for months now giving up on Sanchez now is ludicrous. Eli's first taste of the playoffs resulted in a 23-0 embarrassment at home from the panthers, Sanchez has played and won against some really good teams in the playoffs and was extremely inexperienced. This kid is a winner and thank god the fans don't run this goddamn team or we'd be dropping our stars at the drop of a hat.

Shore up the o line, get a safety and some speed at linebacker, free agent wr, drop plax, and please please please please get schotty out of here ASAP. To the jets FO at least show mark the same respect the giants showed Eli and fired their OC and replaced him with gilbride. Give him the same fighting chance they gave Eli when they won the super bowl!!

This is such a ridiculous mentality among certain Jets fans. In a quarterback, no a passing league Revis is exactly the kind of player you need o your team. The kind of guy who is phenomenally talented but also puts the work in. So some of you hate hm because he wants to be paid as the best. Too damn bad. I don't support his method of obtaining the money, but I support his right to ask for it. The fact is the Jets are a better team with him than without. You guys are sick, you forget the times when the Jets never had players to brag about, let alone anyone who was worthy of any accolade. This is the best the Jets have been in decades and all you do is complain. Well here is some advice.

Shut up and watch.

It's easy to under value Revis because you can't see what he's doing on every single play on the tv, where as with a QB you do. Revis is an unreal talent and is the only sure thing this jets team really has, trading him, especially in order to move up in the draft is exactly as one poster already said: asinine.

I hope Revis is a jet for life and trading him away would probably be one of the worst front office decisions for the jets in years

You know what else is easy to ignore? The fact that most quarterbacks who start out mediocre stay that way. It's a very long list, I'm sure.

Also, if you think Eli Manning and Mark Sanchez are they same football player, then there really no point in arguing. Turnovers are okay when you also happen to consistently make big plays.

And no, I wouldn't trade Revis for whatever is behind door number one.

What trophy did we get for those playoff wins?

Oh thank god someone said it. WHy does everyone including Rex and Tanny hang their hats on 2 playoff wins a year? You dont get a dam trophy for losing AFC Title Games.

They were still TWO wins against elite teams away from winning a Super Bowl. That aint easy.

Son, stop being so literal - dont miss the point. Do you prefer "QB is the most important position"?

Over the past 19 years, heres the Super Bowl winning QBs: Aikman, Young, Farve, Elway, Warner, Dilfer, Brady, Johnson, Big Ben, Peyton, Eli, Brees, Rodgers. Aside from Dilfer (who oh by the way had one of the best defenses in history) and Brad Johnson - everyone else is a Hallf of Famer or Pro Bowler. 19 years is a good sample size. So about once a decade a "$hitty" QB is able to win a Super Bowl. Otherwise you require a TOP qb.

So unless you have one (we dont) or have a qb that you think that might become one (Sanchez hasnt shown enough) you dont have sh*t.

which is just one reason why the Jets wouldn't make that decision. they don't have that luxury.

Oh, I guess they have the luxury of doing nothing about it. Id rather they make a bold move then sit tight and do nothing.

We made a bold move for Sanchez and it didnt work out. Luckily, thanks to Mangini we fleeced CLEV, it only cost us a 2nd rounder basically. It didnt work out so take a shot and try again. Go big or go home.

Oh thank god someone said it. WHy does everyone including Rex and Tanny hang their hats on 2 playoff wins a year? You dont get a dam trophy for losing AFC Title Games.

They were still TWO wins against elite teams away from winning a Super Bowl. That aint easy.

Because making it to the championship game isn't either. How many teams reach it each year. How many teams in the league have never even been to that round of the playoffs. Also how many are able to reach it consistently over time.

Here's the wild card with Revis: I do not think we will be able to resign him again. We may try and go the franchise tag route, but that will lead to a long holdout and an off year for Revis again.

Simply because of his agent and Gilbert I think you have to consider trading him.

You know what else is easy to ignore? The fact that most quarterbacks who start out mediocre stay that way. It's a very long list, I'm sure.

Also, if you think Eli Manning and Mark Sanchez are they same football player, then there really no point in arguing. Turnovers are okay when you also happen to consistently make big plays.

And no, I wouldn't trade Revis for whatever is behind door number one.

Shutdown CBS's do not win SB's and revis will holdout next yr for his last big contract. Sorry i trade him in package for Luck

Here's the wild card with Revis: I do not think we will be able to resign him again. We may try and go the franchise tag route, but that will lead to a long holdout and an off year for Revis again.

Simply because of his agent and Gilbert I think you have to consider trading him.

That's pretty much it right there. Tannenbaum guaranteed the wrath of a vengeful Revis by offering the moon to Asomugha last Fall. The question is, does Tannenbaum want to get dragged through the mud again for an entire offseason only to end up paying Revis anyway, or does he choose to allocate that money elsewhere while recouping some picks in trade for Darrelle?

Because making it to the championship game isn't either. How many teams reach it each year. How many teams in the league have never even been to that round of the playoffs. Also how many are able to reach it consistently over time.

Im not saying its not progress (it absolutely is) but people like you make it sound like we actually won something. When in fact, we didnt.

Its ridiculous listening to Tanny and Rex talk about back to back AFC Title game losses.

That's pretty much it right there. Tannenbaum guaranteed the wrath of a vengeful Revis by offering the moon to Asomugha last Fall. The question is, does Tannenbaum want to get dragged through the mud again for an entire offseason only to end up paying Revis anyway, or does he choose to allocate that money elsewhere while recouping some picks in trade for Darrelle?

The ONLY way I trade Revis if it brings in an elite QB prospect.

Your right about holding out. He might hold out every two or three years.

Shutdown CBS's do not win SB's and revis will holdout next yr for his last big contract. Sorry i trade him in package for Luck

:rl:

Really?

Revis is great, but you would have to throw in Sanchez. That is one step forward and two steps back in a trade.

Archived