Opinion Welcomed Regarding San-blow-me-oh Holmes

Jet27

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pothead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He handled it as poor as possible, like it or not he will be here, if the new Jets offense gets him some balls on deep routes, most importantly double move deep routes, he runs great double move routes, his attitude and frustration will be an after thought, financially the Jets have to give him one more shot, if it goes poorly again on Offense next season you won't have to worry Tone will be so frustrated, and pissed he would demand a trade or release anyway and pull a Carson Palmer if the Jets don't oblige.

Not fast enough to be a break away threat

Not big enough to be a physical imposition

A "me first" attitude (the dropping the ball after each first down is real annoying)

The first to shrink at the first sign of adversity on the club

Not respected in the locker room or huddle

What is there to like? If the Jets had a qb that could make lots of time in the pocket by scurrying, he would be more valuable (they don't, and the line is bad).

With a talent like Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens, you could understand the prima donna attitude. When it comes from a middling WR as this, it is downright annoying

Oh, and ever notice how when there is a route miscommunication between qb and wr, it is 90% of the time on a route that Holmes ran. Think that is just coincidence?

He was caught by a LINEBACKER in the Det OT game

He did...he stumbled out his break on that one...never got his feet. Did he look slow when he burned 3 DB's vs. Cleveland or how bout when he beat Clark long in the AFCG?

Yeah Tone is definitely not a burner by any stretch. He's quick in and out of his routes when he wants to be...but as a burner, no way.

He did beat someone deep against Notre Dame though.

Yeah, 4.3 is slow and guys that lead the league in YPC are typically heavy footed.

Sometimes I hit a nerve....but to be brutally honest I was done with him when he was sitting on the bench against Miami. Call him what you will but the reality is that he is a troublemaker and that's why Pitt. got rid of him. The guys that are happy with this guy, you might need a reality check.

He did...he stumbled out his break on that one...never got his feet. Did he look slow when he burned 3 DB's vs. Cleveland or how bout when he beat Clark long in the AFCG?

Yeah, 4.3 is slow and guys that lead the league in YPC are typically heavy footed.

You certainly are the excuse maker.

He may have 4.3 speed on a track in ideal conditions in shorts, but on a football field in pads, he looks 4.4 and not quick off the line. Kerley looks more agile afoot.

I've seen him play the past two seasons, he's not a burner like a Desean Jackson/Mike Wallace. And he never stumbled on that Lions play. That LB flat out caught him from behind.

You certainly are the excuse maker.

He may have 4.3 speed on a track in ideal conditions in shorts, but on a football field in pads, he looks 4.4 and not quick off the line. Kerley looks more agile afoot.

How am I making excuses? You presented an example, I presented an example. Kerley ran the 40 in 4.5/4.6 range. But looks to have serious game speed. I've always been a big supporter of game speed vs. track speed. I think Holmes possess both. As much as his haters dont want to admit it, he was the guy who took the top off the D in Pitts and he could be that for the Jets...whether its Mark holding him back or Schotty's system, I guess we'll find out.

I've seen him play the past two seasons, he's not a burner like a Desean Jackson/Mike Wallace. And he never stumbled on that Lions play. That LB flat out caught him from behind.

Well, they all ran in that 4.3 range, but yeah, I dont think he's got game speed like them but he's got plenty of speed. Thats a fact.

And I cant remember the Lions play perfectly and cant access video from work but I though he slightly stumbled when he cut up field. Either way, it was one of what, 5 or 6 game winning catches for the Jets?

How am I making excuses? You presented an example, I presented an example. Kerley ran the 40 in 4.5/4.6 range. But looks to have serious game speed. I've always been a big supporter of game speed vs. track speed. I think Holmes possess both. As much as his haters dont want to admit it, he was the guy who took the top off the D in Pitts and he could be that for the Jets...whether its Mark holding him back or Schotty's system, I guess we'll find out.

Here is the Detroit play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZgf4sxuNCc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL28AD2F735A7EE933

He DID initially stumble out of the break, BUT did have time to get to full speed. He got caught from behind-no excuses. BTW-Sanchez threw some pretty passes that game-Ones he certainly did not make this year.

For the baggage that Holmes carries, his talent does not make up for.

Here is the Detroit play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZgf4sxuNCc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL28AD2F735A7EE933

He DID initially stumble out of the break, BUT did have time to get to full speed. He got caught from behind-no excuses. BTW-Sanchez threw some pretty passes that game-Ones he certainly did not make this year.

For the baggage that Holmes carries, his talent does not make up for.

the first guy looked pretty fast

:animal0029:

Archived