It has been 43 years since we won Super Bowl 3....

Blackout

And the sad thing about it is they won't win another one while I'm alive-i know that much but hey, at least I DID get to see them win SB 3-I watched the whole game and remember where I was, what kind of a day it was and exactly how great it felt-i hope you younger Jets fans get to feel that someday because as I said-it won't happen again for me-I somehow just know this

at least my dad got to see the JEts win a superbowl before it was too late

must suck to be a Jets fan born in 1965...too young to remember them winning but old enough to remember the rest lol

I was born in 1969. It was an exciting time...

And the sad thing about it is they won't win another one while I'm alive-i know that much but hey, at least I DID get to see them win SB 3-I watched the whole game and remember where I was, what kind of a day it was and exactly how great it felt-i hope you younger Jets fans get to feel that someday because as I said-it won't happen again for me-I somehow just know this

At 3!!.. Wow.. I can't remember anything before 11 re: Jets

at least my dad got to see the JEts win a superbowl before it was too late

must suck to be a Jets fan born in 1965...too young to remember them winning but old enough to remember the rest lol

I saw it. They won because Namath underwent a personality change for that game. They also played good defense and had the good fortune to be facing Earl Morrall, who was just another guy surrounded by a great team. But they won because Joe did not pay his usual, mistake-filled, freewheeling game. KInd of like the Sanchez victories in the post season. It was glorious. But it was so long, long ago.

I was 12 years old, but I remember what is now called Super Bowl III (It wasn't called the Super Bowl back then) like it was yesterday. The Jets were 16 point underdogs to the then Baltimore Colts, who were actually an NFL team back then (the NFC side of the house). I became a Jets fan because some loudmouth by the name of Joe Willy Namath shot his mouth off, "I guarantee we will win," and backed it up. He had hair down to his shoulders when everyone else was sporting a crew cut or flat top, and as a kid, I loved his brashness

The AFL was always considered inferior to the NFL until the Jets spanked the Colts. After that, it seemed like a good idea to merge the two leagues into what is now the NFL. So, even though we Jets fans have had a 43 year drought, it was actually the Jets who brought respect to the AFL and made it seem like a good idea to merge the two leagues.

And yes, I grew up surrounded by Giants fans while I watched the Jets win one game all season long, and three games the next season. I've watched the Jets lose three AFC Championship games now .

Being a Jets fan is really like riding a roller coaster. One moment we are destined for the Super Bowl; unstoppable. The next moment, we can't get out of our own way; play ourselves right out of the playoffs.

You can always spot a Jets fan because we are the only ones on opening day yelling, "WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!

No one can call me a fair weather fan. I will be a fan of the Green and White till the day I die. GO JETS!!!!

Thank You Debbie Downer. I know I will see it one day and when I do I will party for a week.

Doesn`t matter anymore. I`ve lost most of my enthusiasm towards sports as I`m getting old(er). It`s all about money to the players and the fans get screwed. The tickets are too expensive for a football "game". The stadium is crap and not worth wasting a whole day anymore. I had tons of fun for many years going to Jets games. Just not my scene anymore. Technology has made watching the game at home much more comfortable and much, much cheaper.

Doesn`t matter anymore. I`ve lost most of my enthusiasm towards sports as I`m getting old(er). It`s all about money to the players and the fans get screwed. The tickets are too expensive for a football "game". The stadium is crap and not worth wasting a whole day anymore. I had tons of fun for many years going to Jets games. Just not my scene anymore. Technology has made watching the game at home much more comfortable and much, much cheaper.

This is sad because it is true.

I could have written that myself-or did I?

A ridiculously exciting, and fun day. Taunting Giant’s fans for hours.

Then Monday came, and I had to go to work with a hang over.

Life goes on

I'm 37. I plan on living into at least the 80s if I'm lucky. I'm rather certain I will never see a Jets Super Bowl win in my lifetime. It is certain. We've become the new Red Sox fans prior to their win a few years back.

that's exactly the way I feel Guns...I think we have become the Red Sox prior to their WS wins...I can see it going another 42 years....I really can

Archived