Rex and Sanchez should apologize to Joe

Joewillie2k12

Rex and Mark Sanchez should make nice with Joe Namath and apologize. Everything Namath said this past season adversly about the Jets was true and both head coach and QB resented it instead of learning from it--I never seen Joe fumble a snap or back in the pocket-EVER- but Mark wasn't taking any advice---the team wasnt as good as the headcoach preached and Joe called him out with a more realistic view--Namath is the New York Jets forever---Where will Rex and Mark be in 5 years? --As a Jet fan I hope both will earn a Superbowl ring with the Jets---till then they better show more respect to Joe Willie .

nah

joe is like the drunken uncle who blurts out things at thangsgiving now

yeah, he may be right, aunt millie has gained weight, but just say something polite

does jim brown bust on the browns ? marino dog pille on miami ?

he needs to recognize as the throw back icon he needs to be smart and not be a distraction to the guys playing now

Rex and Mark Sanchez should make nice with Joe Namath and apologize. Everything Namath said this past season adversly about the Jets was true and both head coach and QB resented it instead of learning from it--I never seen Joe fumble a snap or back in the pocket-EVER- but Mark wasn't taking any advice---the team wasnt as good as the headcoach preached and Joe called him out with a more realistic view--Namath is the New York Jets forever---Where will Rex and Mark be in 5 years? --As a Jet fan I hope both will earn a Superbowl ring with the Jets---till then they better show more respect to Joe Willie .

seems to me they are actually both doing the right thing--- not responding to the jabs from this angry, bitter old man. Maybe you are right though, Mark and Rex should take him out and buy him some drinks

Namath wants to continue to use the term "WE". You get a choice, you toe the party line and stand in solidarity with the Jets, or you serve as unbiased commentator. Rex doesn't believe everything he says about the team, but he's the face of the Jets, so he says the right things in support of his team and players. Namath wants to "call it like he sees it" and still be Mr. NY Jet. You can't have it both ways, the Philly Phanatic doesn't go on record about this season's disappointment.

nah

yeah, he may be right, aunt millie has gained weight, but just say something polite

he needs to recognize as the throw back icon he needs to be smart and not be a distraction to the guys playing now

Jim Brown could give 2 sh*ts. His old tea, plays in Baltimore now.

Marino is paid to be an unbiased analyst.

Joe is just an ex-player who happens to be a fan, and one of the most influential players of the past 50 years. He was absolutely correct about what he said this year. Instead of having the arrogance to spar with him in the media, Rex and Sanchez should have just said, "we'll take that under consideration." and moved on. Perhaps maybe they should have listened too...

Namath wants to continue to use the term "WE". You get a choice, you toe the party line and stand in solidarity with the Jets, or you serve as unbiased commentator. Rex doesn't believe everything he says about the team, but he's the face of the Jets, so he says the right things in support of his team and players. Namath wants to "call it like he sees it" and still be Mr. NY Jet. You can't have it both ways, the Philly Phanatic doesn't go on record about this season's disappointment.

Philly phanatic is employed by the Phillies.

Namath is not employed by Jets.

Philly phanatic is employed by the Phillies.

Namath is not employed by Jets.

Agreed. The point is, you can't be both. If Namath want's to be the Jets mascot, he's got to act like it. If he doesn't, that's fine too, but then he shouldn't complain when the current organization basically tells him to F off.

Jim Brown could give 2 sh*ts. His old tea, plays in Baltimore now.

Marino is paid to be an unbiased analyst.

Joe is just an ex-player who happens to be a fan, and one of the most influential players of the past 50 years. He was absolutely correct about what he said this year. Instead of having the arrogance to spar with him in the media, Rex and Sanchez should have just said, "we'll take that under consideration." and moved on. Perhaps maybe they should have listened too...

fine

pick a sub 500 team, select an old timer icon, and look for his radio show where he blasts the current players after very loss

joe is the only one that I know of

and the defense carried him to a title, he got all the endorsements and fame from a ......drunken blurted out comment one reporter heard and printed the next day.....you can see why his old team mates got sick of him

I'm a fan of namaths

the alabama namath

nah

Perfect post in response to a terrible thread.

Agreed. The point is, you can't be both. If Namath want's to be the Jets mascot, he's got to act like it. If he doesn't, that's fine too, but then he shouldn't complain when the current organization basically tells him to F off.

Spot. On.

Joe wants to speak his mind? That's his every right. But he shouldn't whine about the repruccussions.

For instance--let's say EY keeps on calling me an idiot (and perhaps I am one). EY then can't complain that we aren't friends because of his criticism of me.

Spot. On.

Joe wants to speak his mind? That's his every right. But he shouldn't whine about the repruccussions.

For instance--let's say EY keeps on calling me an idiot (and perhaps I am one). EY then can't complain that we aren't friends because of his criticism of me.

absolutely nails it IMO

If he wants to be treated like the demigod he thinks he is and revered by the Jets current, then he can't go on the Michael Kay show every Thursday and basically piss all over the coach, quarterback, organization and everything else. Look, I agree he lets Kay and LaDrecka the Giant fan bait him into just about everything negative he says but, if you aren't adept enough at handling hostile interviewers (or in Namath's case are more interested in cashing the checks they send him for his paid appearances) then you shouldn't be doing the interview in the first place

I think people make way too big a deal out of this, especially considering Joe is just telling you the truth (as he sees it, and with great accuracy). To their credit, Rex and Sanchez have taken the criticism in stride. I only remember one instance where Rex ever pushed back, and even that came wrapped in respect for Joe.

If you want a delusional homer ex-player to come on the air and lie to you in an effort to pad your denial, you have Greg Buttle on SNY.

I think Namath just wants to b an ex-Jet who is a fan. Listen, the guy offered up some constructive commentary and instead of taking the high-road and saying, "thanks Joe, we'll keep that in mind" the Jets (specifically Rex and Sanchez, reacted like the pseudo-arrogant clowns they are. NOBODY in any profession is above healthy constructive criticism, and at the very worst, that is all Namath offered up. Frankly, I think the whole arrogant thing with Rex/Sanchez was really a front for the fact that they don't have answers, and are easily butthurt.

I like that Namath "tells it like it is". Hell, that sh*t is REX's mantra, but Rex doesn't seem to handle it well when he's not the one doing the talking... see: Namath, Derrick Mason.

Long story short, I think its stupid to suggest that Rex and Sanchez owe Namath an apology. I think it was more stupid that Rex and Sanchez didn't listen to Joe, or damn near anyone else that was pointing out the same things all season long. Then Rex comes out and tells us butduh-duh-duh-duh-duh- no idea what was going one- duh duh.

The organization telling him to F off is a microcosm of why our franchise has become a butthurt bitch under Woody's ownership. An organization run by men, would say "we appreciate Joe's candor, but we're going to prove him wrong" and they wouldn't say it to the press, they'd say it to themselves.... then do it.

Dammit, I ******* hate that I root for this team.

What were they supposed to tell Joe "hey you're right" while they were fighting for their play-off lives?

Big Namath fan but would have respected him more if he called Rex directly. Anyone with a radio spot had a easy target with the 2011 Jets. Namath should have been above that. Joe as talented as he was also did not do HIS teams any favors by showing up hungover on Sundays.

Joe comes from an era when P/C didnt exist so in his mind you say what you have to say and if the recipient dosent like it oh well.

He took his share of arrows over the years and just smiled.

FWIW, supporting Snachez the pedo pool boy doesnt mean you have to be a Joe h8r.

Might be time to get the real QB back on the JN banner and get rid of the fraud.

fine

pick a sub 500 team, select an old timer icon, and look for his radio show where he blasts the current players after very loss

joe is the only one that I know of

and the defense carried him to a title, he got all the endorsements and fame from a ......drunken blurted out comment one reporter heard and printed the next day.....you can see why his old team mates got sick of him

I'm a fan of namaths

the alabama namath

Riggins does not speak complementary about the Redskins on his radio show when they lose.....

The truth hurts, that's why what Namath said is "bad, or shocking"...it's easier to lie about stuff, like Rex does all the time, instead of coming out and saying the truth. And to be brutally honest, Rex and Sanchez both, couldn't hold Namath's jock!

You guys want to bash Namath for telling it like it is, but are content to hear the BS being spewed from fat boys mouth about our Jets.

Namath has earned the right to say WTF he wants to....Namath will always be Namath, Rex and Sanchez won't be remembered for sh*t.

And both should look back and say "hey he was right".

Archived