CURTIS IS IN!

Blackout

Post image for Curtis Martin to the Hall of Fame

Curtis Martin is headed to the Hall of Fame. He will be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame on August 4th along with five other inductees.  Cortez Kennedy, Chris Doleman, Dermontti Dawson, Jack Butler and Willie Roaf round out the Hall of Fame’s 2012 class.

The announcement was made live on the NFL Network on Saturday night in Indianapolis.  From ESPN.com:

A panel of 44 media members voted. The inductions are in early August in Canton, Ohio.

Martin made it for his consistency and durability, rushing for 14,101 and 90 touchdowns. He rushed for at least 1,000 yards in each of his first 10 seasons, the first three with New England and the others with the Jets. The 1995 Offensive Rookie of the Year, Martin won the NFL rushing title in 2004 with 1,697 yards.

Here is the official Curtis Martin Hall of Fame thread from the

di
di

_P4uXIBs6WM

View the full article

It's not shtick. It's psychological trauma.

I don't mean to piss all over your big speech in this thread, but if I had to choose someone to bust out the "nobody in here is bringing up Freeman McNeil but I'm going to do it anyways and then preface it with 'I'm not purposefully trying to be a dick here" speech, it would definitely be Sperm. And the Lamont Jordan narrative belongs to Savage and Savage alone. Nobody likes it when the fat kid steals food.

I don't mean to piss all over your big speech in this thread, but if I had to choose someone to bust out the "nobody in here is bringing up Freeman McNeil but I'm going to do it anyways and then preface it with 'I'm not purposefully trying to be a dick here" speech, it would definitely be Sperm. And the Lamont Jordan narrative belongs to Savage and Savage alone. Nobody likes it when the fat kid steals food.

I'm truly aghast. I'm not really that fat. But, you're right in that I probably don't need to be bashing Curtis in this thread. He's in. Good for him.

Don't I know it

I don't want to piss all over Curtis' big day here, but, if you had to win one game, which back would you want starting for you: Curtis Martin or Freeman McNeil?

HOF is based on careers. There is another thread that conatins the McNeil-Martin debate complete with a couple of urinals for those with a bladder problem when it comes to anything positive about the Jets.

Congrats Curtis.

HOF is based on careers. There is another thread that conatins the McNeil-Martin debate complete with a couple of urinals for those with a bladder problem when it comes to anything positive about the Jets.

Congrats Curtis.

Larz baited me into it. I need to be bigger than that.

Go Curt.

Archived