So who will be the QB who will

shawn306

End the string of Brady, Ben and Peyton AFC runs to the Super Bowl ?

The only QB to break through was Rich Gannon in 2002. Since then the only teams to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl have been New England, Indy and Pittsburgh.

So who is the team or the QB that will end the run ?

Is he playing now ? Is he still in college ? (Luck)

I think most people would say Rivers but as long as Norv is coaching the Chargers I don't see it.

Flacco ? Very possible especially after his near miss this year in the AFC Championship.

Interested in thoughts.

Houston definitely checks out. Tennessee could sneak up on everyone next season with the efficiency #'s they put up despite the issues with Johnson and Britt. Longer term Cinci is going to give people problems.

Cincy's biggest problem is their division. I agree they seem to have a bright future, but Baltimore and Pittsburgh aren't about to suck any time soon, so winning that division is going to be tough. I see it being not much different than the crap the Jets have dealt with in some of their better years recently.

Cincy's biggest problem is their division. I agree they seem to have a bright future, but Baltimore and Pittsburgh aren't about to suck any time soon, so winning that division is going to be tough. I see it being not much different than the crap the Jets have dealt with in some of their better years recently.

Baltimore's window has about another 2 years tops. You can only sustain what they've had for so long with piss poor QB play and your key guys getting older. Cody and McPhee are fine and dandy but you can only do so much with just developing DL and not much else.

If the Texans stay healthy it could be Schaub. Longer shot, but they have a lot of talent on offense and defense.

I think you got the right team, but wrong QB, I believe Pitt will get back to the SB next season, and in 2013 the Texans will represent the AFC with Mark Sanchez at QB. Schaub is to injury prone, and folds under pressure.

The Texans will scoop up Sanchez 5 minutes after the Jets release him if it comes to this after this season.

this was the year, sanchez blew and window now closed, jets fighting for last place next year

So if Sanchez, or any other QB led the Jets to 2 wins over the Pats this season the Pats go 11-5 instead of 13-3, and still make the playoffs how is that a demise?

So if Sanchez, or any other QB led the Jets to 2 wins over the Pats this season the Pats go 11-5 instead of 13-3, and still make the playoffs how is that a demise?

pats got real lucky in schedule

didnt have to play peyton, got VY instead of Vick, got eddie falco as well.

pats were 1-2 vs teams over 500 and should have been 0-3 (evans drop)

Baltimore and Pittsburgh aren't about to suck any time soon

I kind of disagree abotu the Steelers. Their most talented players are well past their prime - Foote, Clark, Ike Taylor, Farrior, Polamalu, even Big Ben is getting up there, and while he's very tough, the human body wasn't meant ot the endure the punishment he takes every season, be it a broken nose, bad ankle, etc. Quite frankly, I saw a Pittsburgh D last year that was still good but markedly slower then it once was. Granted, you still got young guys like Timmons, who re-signed, and a handful of rookies who could be still be good. Quite frankly, I think the Steelers struggle to get a wildcard spot next year.

End the string of Brady, Ben and Peyton AFC runs to the Super Bowl ?

The only QB to break through was Rich Gannon in 2002. Since then the only teams to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl have been New England, Indy and Pittsburgh.

So who is the team or the QB that will end the run ?

Is he playing now ? Is he still in college ? (Luck)

I think most people would say Rivers but as long as Norv is coaching the Chargers I don't see it.

Flacco ? Very possible especially after his near miss this year in the AFC Championship.

Interested in thoughts.

Gannon was the MVP in 2002 also. Either elite QBs or QBs growing into elite QBs have dominiated the list of AFC's SB participants since 2001. So whomever fits into that description will be next up for the AFC IMO.

Giving u reasons why i had jets ahead of pukes

shoot me for not believing that sanchez was going to improve YTY, he didnt reason why jets were 8-8 and prob should be 6-10

That was just a poke at your Pats scenario, nothing to do with the Jets. As long as Tom Brady is playing QB the Pats will be relevant there are always going to have 8-12 games on their schedule that are against inferior opponents, just like every other good team, the question is do you win those games, and it's very rare that Tom Brady loses games against inferior opponents.

That was just a poke at your Pats scenario, nothing to do with the Jets. As long as Tom Brady is playing QB the Pats will be relevant there are always going to have 8-12 games on their schedule that are against inferior opponents, just like every other good team, the question is do you win those games, and it's very rare that Tom Brady loses games against inferior opponents.

pats had a very easy schedule, their def is very slapdick

Archived