Rex Ryan says Shotty ruined sanchez last year @ Scouting Combine Conference

BornJetsFan1983

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Rex Ryan kept Schitty around for 3 seasons because....? It's pretty damning-of himself.

No matter-keep changing the variables all you want. Unless you change the turnover/3 and out machine that Pick 6 is, this is advanced tur polishing.

And Ryan does not cover himself with glory as a coach saying this. If he is a real NFL HC, why did he tolerate this idiot of a an OC?

for three years Rex thought you could be a DC and let the OC run the whole show without much input. For two years it even worked. Now, hopefully, he realizes that the HC has to be responsible for all three units --

It' pretty much agreed that Schotty was a horrible OC. Personally, I'm sorry it took Rex 3 seasons to see the light too

for three years Rex thought you could be a DC and let the OC run the whole show without much input. For two years it even worked. Now, hopefully, he realizes that the HC has to be responsible for all three units --

i've seen this before, that somehow Rex is to blame cause he's only a defensive Genius not caring about the offense.

look at the league, there's not alot of HC who are experts at everything. Most HC were coordinators at one point and they were focused on one side of the ball only. Do we really believe Belly is sitting in with Tom Brady and the offense? No he's over with his defense trying to make chicken salad. Brady shows up and saves his bacon every week.

most HC lean to one side of the ball or the other. To find a guy who is awesome at both, is really rare, if not impossible.

not asking for awesome, bit

just asking for attentive and responsible for offense, defense and special teams, too.. about time he also spends some time with Westhoff and special teams and maybe we won't keep replacing punters with worse punters every season

And Rex Ryan kept Schitty around for 3 seasons because....? It's pretty damning-of himself.

No matter-keep changing the variables all you want. Unless you change the turnover/3 and out machine that Pick 6 is, this is advanced tur polishing.

And Ryan does not cover himself with glory as a coach saying this. If he is a real NFL HC, why did he tolerate this idiot of a an OC?

To start, it's easy to see.... 1) he didn't know him and 2) he got the job because he was willing to keep him.

At the end of year 1, Sanchez was progressing... we made the AFC Championship Game..... maybe it just takes time. I know he had to talk to Schotty but he did, things changed a little (we all saw the problems but Sanchez was progressing)...

At the end of year 2...... I think the AFC Championship Game hid things. We played well against NE. We played well when we needed to against INDY. We made a big comeback against PITT..... still, no excuse, but they are saying "Lockout is coming, don't disrupt things, because there will be a limited training camp".

At the end of year 3..... it was obvious, he had to do something or start being held accountable.

It on the jets website, maybe a mod can hook that sh*t up, I don't know how to emb it off jets.com

http://www.newyorkjets.com/

Rex Ryan says Shotty ruined sanchez last year. Damn!!!!

I mean DAMN!!!

no time to watch the video, what did he say exactly?

Yeah there are a couple of videos up there, can you tell us which one and whereabout he said it time wise in the video?

i've seen this before, that somehow Rex is to blame cause he's only a defensive Genius not caring about the offense.

look at the league, there's not alot of HC who are experts at everything. Most HC were coordinators at one point and they were focused on one side of the ball only. Do we really believe Belly is sitting in with Tom Brady and the offense? No he's over with his defense trying to make chicken salad. Brady shows up and saves his bacon every week.

most HC lean to one side of the ball or the other. To find a guy who is awesome at both, is really rare, if not impossible.

Belichick was really poor example for the point you're making. Yes, I completely believe he's in on those meetings, and he's probably doing the most talking.

Sanchez will do fine in Sparano's system because there will only be about a dozen different plays to choose from. Haha

The coaching staff is going to do their best to find ways for Sanchez to do as little as possible. It remains to be seen how effective Sparano's system will perform against other NFL teams. W/O a good running game and OL, it could be ugly!! In fact, the more I think about our needs with Sparano and his style, the more I think we are going to pick an OL in the 1st round.

Sanchez will do fine in Sparano's system because there will only be about a dozen different plays to choose from. Haha

The coaching staff is going to do their best to find ways for Sanchez to do as little as possible. It remains to be seen how effective Sparano's system will perform against other NFL teams. W/O a good running game and OL, it could be ugly!! In fact, the more I think about our needs with Sparano and his style, the more I think we are going to pick an OL in the 1st round.

It'll look alot like the past three years unless Sanchez grows up. I don't even think too many passing concepts will be changed if they're drastically different to begin with (which they're probably not).

The combine press conference does not mention Sanchez or Schotty even once. Watching the sit down with the NFL Network guys now.

no time to watch the video, what did he say exactly?

Yeah there are a couple of videos up there, can you tell us which one and whereabout he said it time wise in the video?

+1

"Brian did a tremendous job for us and I think he'll be a head coach in this league some day".

"Great deal of confidence in Mark Sanchez. It hasn't been all bad news. Maybe it hasn't been where we want it to be".

"We got to look at what we're asking him to do. How we can do things a little better." -- This is the closest he came to a criticism of the offensive system

So, basically, it looks like the OP made it up.

"Brian did a tremendous job for us and I think he'll be a head coach in this league some day".

"Great deal of confidence in Mark Sanchez. It hasn't been all bad news. Maybe it hasn't been where we want it to be".

"We got to look at what we're asking him to do. How we can do things a little better." -- This is the closest he came to a criticism of the offensive system

So, basically, it looks like the OP made it up.

I watched both videos as well and agree with you. Thats why I asked which video and for the timing, wanted to see what he was interpreting as Rex blaming Schotty.

I agree. When you're winning then things like this is overlooked. Belicheat isnt the best at defense but his offense is so explosive that it translates into wins so it doesnt matter. The pats have has some of the worst defensive teams in the league the past couple years.

Rex took a Jet team that was in the low to mid teens overall and instantly made them #1, if not top 3 defense in the league, however his offense cant score points. Like Belicheat had in the early 2000's, if Rex can get some help from his offensive coaching staff to put up close to 27-30 ppg, I think the Jets can go to the SB with that offensive output and this defense.

not asking for awesome, bit

just asking for attentive and responsible for offense, defense and special teams, too.. about time he also spends some time with Westhoff and special teams and maybe we won't keep replacing punters with worse punters every season

whether he knows offense or not, as a D coach he ought to be able to recognize a weak one when he sees one. He ought to be sitting there thinking: "Geez, I would love to coach against this scheme.!"

I watched both videos as well and agree with you. Thats why I asked which video and for the timing, wanted to see what he was interpreting as Rex blaming Schotty.

No rex never said anything like that, guys it would be top story on espn and every other sport reporting org if he did...its just what i wanted to hear during the PC....

Archived