Rex Ryan says Shotty ruined sanchez last year @ Scouting Combine Conference

BornJetsFan1983

My bad, the type must have been too small.

Belicheat isnt the best at defense but his offense is so explosive ( :blowup: )that it translates into wins so it doesnt matter.

:winking0001:

I'm glad you made it bigger so everyone who reads it can laugh hysterically. Belichick isn't known for defense... Ok.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should be? sure maybe in your world...take it easy goto gato...it was funny...and probably improved readership completion of this post by 80 percent. Hell we'd win a championship with number like that...

That's funny to you? Listen man I know funny. I know funny and that sh*t was NOT funny, OK?!

whether he knows offense or not, as a D coach he ought to be able to recognize a weak one when he sees one. He ought to be sitting there thinking: "Geez, I would love to coach against this scheme.!"

I thought the same thing. I love Rex and truly believe that he is a keeper. He has shown humilty that equals his confidence. That's rare, but I would think a D coach could tell if an offense sucked.

To start, it's easy to see.... 1) he didn't know him and 2) he got the job because he was willing to keep him.

At the end of year 1, Sanchez was progressing... we made the AFC Championship Game..... maybe it just takes time. I know he had to talk to Schotty but he did, things changed a little (we all saw the problems but Sanchez was progressing)...

At the end of year 2...... I think the AFC Championship Game hid things. We played well against NE. We played well when we needed to against INDY. We made a big comeback against PITT..... still, no excuse, but they are saying "Lockout is coming, don't disrupt things, because there will be a limited training camp".

At the end of year 3..... it was obvious, he had to do something or start being held accountable.

Well put.

I'm glad you made it bigger so everyone who reads it can laugh hysterically. Belichick isn't known for defense... Ok.

tumblr_laauuyk1t61qb86ono1_500.jpg

P.S. Oh, my bad.....not big enough.

P.S. Before you go find your "bitches will be bitches" pic just know that a bitch has never been one of my 99 problems.

Belicheats defense is more his offense than anything. The high scoring forces other teams to be one dimensional. Anytime the opposing team keeps the Pats offense in check or if the Pats are simply having a bad game I dont all of a sudden see a shutdown Pats defense on the field.

Laugh....hysterically. Im eating coffee ice cream from trader joe's right now and im on such a sugar high that im too happy to give a rats behind! lol.

And Ryan does not cover himself with glory as a coach saying this. If he is a real NFL HC, why did he tolerate this idiot of a an OC?

What do you mean? He couldn't have been an idiot ... there was an infinite line of "in the know" football people at all levels of the sport jumping to hire Brian when he.... <cough>.... resigned. Just like some of the best football minds on this board predicted.

Belicheats defense is more his offense than anything. The high scoring forces other teams to be one dimensional. Anytime the opposing team keeps the Pats offense in check or if the Pats are simply having a bad game I dont all of a sudden see a shutdown Pats defense on the field.

That's only in the last 3 years. I guess you forgot that the Pats, outside of recent history, which is marred by poor personnel, were pretty much a top 10 defense for his entire tenure, not to mention he was considered a top tier defensive coordinator for the Giants for his duration there.

Are you going to keep chasing this argument that is only based on the last few seasons, or just admit you were completely wrong?

That's only in the last 3 years. I guess you forgot that the Pats, outside of recent history, which is marred by poor personnel, were pretty much a top 10 defense for his entire tenure, not to mention he was considered a top tier defensive coordinator for the Giants for his duration there.

Are you going to keep chasing this argument that is only based on the last few seasons, or just admit you were completely wrong?

Oh I get it. Let me clear this up.

The last 3 years is all I care about.

"What have you done for me lately?" is more what im talking about here.

Oh I get it. Let me clear this up.

The last 3 years is all I care about.

"What have you done for me lately?" is more what im talking about here.

Yes, but that doesn't mean Belichick "isn't the best at defense", it means that his offense is currently the unit carrying the team to wins. Unless you think that over the last few years, he some how forgot how to coach defense.

What do you mean? He couldn't have been an idiot ... there was an infinite line of "in the know" football people at all levels of the sport jumping to hire Brian when he.... <cough>.... resigned. Just like some of the best football minds on this board predicted.

Oh. Snap.

Yes, but that doesn't mean Belichick "isn't the best at defense", it means that his offense is currently the unit carrying the team to wins. Unless you think that over the last few years, he some how forgot how to coach defense.
I guess anything outside of 3 years ago is all of a sudden legit but anything in the last 3 entire football seasons doesnt count.

I finished my icecream and im laughing hysterically at you.

I guess anything outside of 3 years ago is all of a sudden legit but anything in the last 3 entire football seasons doesnt count.

I finished my icecream and im laughing hysterically at you.

No one said it doesn't count. But, that doesn't mean that because the defense hasn't been strong that Belichick is suddenly not a good defensive coach.

No one said it doesn't count. But, that doesn't mean that because the defense hasn't been strong that Belichick is suddenly not a good defensive coach.

Admit it dude. You just like to fuss with me.

I specifically said that Belicheast ISNT THE BEST defensive coach. I never said he was bad. Im laughing hysterically yet again.

Sanchez will do fine in Sparano's system because there will only be about a dozen different plays to choose from. Haha

The coaching staff is going to do their best to find ways for Sanchez to do as little as possible. It remains to be seen how effective Sparano's system will perform against other NFL teams. W/O a good running game and OL, it could be ugly!! In fact, the more I think about our needs with Sparano and his style, the more I think we are going to pick an OL in the 1st round.

All well and good IF we win consistently. If every play is simple and the DEFENSE out plays us, what good is it? To simplify an offense for a rookie is one thing but for a 4 th year starter, I just don't know. by now he should be able to be very instinctive and able to go through his progressions easily no matter what play is called. If its too hard for Sanchez now we have a problem.

I disagree wiuth an OL in rd 1. A simple offense can win IF we have a GREAT defense. see Trent Dilfer in Baltimore. I think we will draft for the defense in rds 1 and 2 and maybe 3. We might even sign a FA for the defense. REX knows that DEFENSE wins Championships! Look at NE with Brady. Lack of D has cost them dearly in the SB. It helped the other team though.

All well and good IF we win consistently. If every play is simple and the DEFENSE out plays us, what good is it? To simplify an offense for a rookie is one thing but for a 4 th year starter, I just don't know. by now he should be able to be very instinctive and able to go through his progressions easily no matter what play is called. If its too hard for Sanchez now we have a problem.

I disagree wiuth an OL in rd 1. A simple offense can win IF we have a GREAT defense. see Trent Dilfer in Baltimore. I think we will draft for the defense in rds 1 and 2 and maybe 3. We might even sign a FA for the defense. REX knows that DEFENSE wins Championships! Look at NE with Brady. Lack of D has cost them dearly in the SB. It helped the other team though.

Actually it was their lack of offense that cost them dearly in their SB losses, not their lack of defense. They held the Giants offense to under 20 points both times.

Admit it dude. You just like to fuss with me.

I specifically said that Belicheast ISNT THE BEST defensive coach. I never said he was bad. Im laughing hysterically yet again.

IMO, Belichick has major psychological issues. With all the cap space and draft picks they've had over the last decade, they could have gone out and acquired any number of big name, prime-time players, but Belichick would prefer to stick with no-name UDFA-types and veteran outcasts like Ocho, Ellis and Haynesworth. He could have had Jared Allen two years ago. He could have gone after Asomugha last year. He could have brought in twenty different WRs for Brady to throw to. But, he picks from the dust bin. I don't know if that's his ego or if he's subcconsciously into self-flaggelation or what. I know he reveres Bobby Knight, so maybe he's going that route--trying to win titles with a team full of stiffs. But, Belichick can scheme with the best of them. He just refuses to get players to enhance those schemes.

IMO, Belichick has major psychological issues. With all the cap space and draft picks they've had over the last decade, they could have gone out and acquired any number of big name, prime-time players, but Belichick would prefer to stick with no-name UDFA-types and veteran outcasts like Ocho, Ellis and Haynesworth. He could have had Jared Allen two years ago. He could have gone after Asomugha last year. He could have brought in twenty different WRs for Brady to throw to. But, he picks from the dust bin. I don't know if that's his ego or if he's subcconsciously into self-flaggelation or what. I know he reveres Bobby Knight, so maybe he's going that route--trying to win titles with a team full of stiffs. But, Belichick can scheme with the best of them. He just refuses to get players to enhance those schemes.

Getting a sure-thing type of FA wouldn't make him look as genius-like as team draftees and FA castoffs. If he brings in all this outside talent and doesn't win the SB then it really makes him look un-genius-like.

But even that's only half-right. When the moves were made, these castoffs were looked at in a very different light than they were after a full (or even a half) season in NE. If they work out, he's a genius. If they don't, then it's not his fault these players sucked. Rex and MT would have caught a sh*tstorm of bad press if they'd picked up a trio like that.

But yeah, he has a LONG history of picking up guys way past their prime.

Thomas

Springs

Galloway

Seau

Sands

Burgess

Kyle Brady

Tebucky Jones

Deion Branch (his second stint)

Chad Scott

and at least a dozen or two others hardly anyone remembers like Barry Gardner.

They did spent big (contract or draft pick or both) to bring in Moss & Welker, Colvin, Thomas, Bodden and some of their own draft picks who clearly did pan out,

I agree. Look at the early years of the Pats. Granted, some of the LB's were no names, but for the most part they had elite caliber players at every level on defense. This is why they were so dominate. Today?....different story. This is why I say that Belicheat isnt the best of defensive coaches. Like you said, its not simply about scheme but its about getting players that can thrive within that scheme.

Look at the Ravens. Whens the last time you looked at a Ravens defense and said "we got this game"? Never happens. They've been a top defense for over a decade. They've done it by not just having the correct scheme but getting people to rotate in that can produce.

Same thing with the steelers. Though not as consistent as the Ravens the past 12 years, the steelers is another team that sets that example.

The patriots the past 12-13 years is nowhere in that equation, unless you forget about their prior 3 years and some other years like some others would put it. lol.

pretty funny all of this stuff is coming out in the open now. There is no telling what Rex was thinking keeping shotty around but it could very well have something to do with Woody.

Just because a coach has a complicated playbook does not mean hes a good coach. It also does not mean he can adjust on the fly to what the defense is showing him on a given week.

Slowly but surely a lot of our concerns in relation to Shotty are starting to come out, whats going to happen when he destroys Sam Bradford next year and maybe the Jets offense starts to produce at a higher level than the last few years ? Even more will come out

Like Ive said I think Sanchez will be fine and that a big part of his issues, and the offense in general, were attributed to shotty ...only time will tell

pretty funny all of this stuff is coming out in the open now. There is no telling what Rex was thinking keeping shotty around but it could very well have something to do with Woody.

Just because a coach has a complicated playbook does not mean hes a good coach. It also does not mean he can adjust on the fly to what the defense is showing him on a given week.

Slowly but surely a lot of our concerns in relation to Shotty are starting to come out, whats going to happen when he destroys Sam Bradford next year and maybe the Jets offense starts to produce at a higher level than the last few years ? Even more will come out

Like Ive said I think Sanchez will be fine and that a big part of his issues, and the offense in general, were attributed to shotty ...only time will tell

Oh Smash, so silly, you didnt read the thread did you?

Rex never made these comments. The OP was full of sh*t.

Sanchez still sucks and its all his fault. Sorry. Well, that and WR separation and bad route design. But otherwise, sorry.

Oh Smash, so silly, you didnt read the thread did you?

Rex never made these comments. The OP was full of sh*t.

Sanchez still sucks and its all his fault. Sorry. Well, that and WR separation and bad route design. But otherwise, sorry.

No I didnt read the thread I was responding to the OP.....So I went and listened to all the videos and as stated by people in this thread I did not see one instance of this type of comment. So relax Jiffy ....sometimes I do just respond to the OP without going through 4 or 5 pages of posts, just offering my opinion and moving on in that respect :).

That being said shame shame on OP SHAME

No I didnt read the thread I was responding to the OP.....So I went and listened to all the videos and as stated by people in this thread I did not see one instance of this type of comment. So relax Jiffy ....sometimes I do just respond to the OP without going through 4 or 5 pages of posts, just offering my opinion and moving on in that respect :).

That being said shame shame on OP SHAME

So you heard the interviews, knew they didnt throw Schotty under the bus, but just went ahead agreed with the OP that its all Schotty fault and this would all be leaked out eventually even though thats not the case?

Okay...lmfao.

So you heard the interviews, knew they didnt throw Schotty under the bus, but just went ahead agreed with the OP that its all Schotty fault and this would all be leaked out eventually even though thats not the case?

Okay...lmfao.

Is there something mentally wrong with you ? I said...... I posted believing what the OP had said ....THEN at that point I went to listen to the videos I mean do you really think I listened to the videos heard nothing and decided to post what I did anyhow ? Think man THINK

Archived