Westerman a Dolphin

GREENBEAN

Cool, so far this FA we lost a player at a position we were already light at, had players we wanted sign with other teams and brought useless ****s in to take a look at.

You're bent out of shape about Westerman? They resigned Bryan Thomas and tendered Maybin. I think they'll probably use a pick on that position too, at least I want them to...but still. Westerman is a jag. He can easily be placed.

You're bent out of shape about Westerman? They resigned Bryan Thomas and tendered Maybin. I think they'll probably use a pick on that position too, at least I want them to...but still. Westerman is a jag. He can easily be placed.

Maybin does what Westerman is supposed to have done. Absolutely zero loss.

This. If the Jets went out and signed a former Dolphin's player two days into FA who had the exact same career as Westerman to date, everyone would be trashing them for it. I don't get why anyone could possibly give a crap about this.

Nope he was a solid piece of our D and now we need to get another OLB, it's not like we werent already short there. How many pieces do you think we can replace this year?

Maybin does what Westerman is supposed to have done. Absolutely zero loss.

I was a huge Westerman fan but this is the truth. You can not have two designated LB pass rushers on the roster. Especially when they can't solve the biggest LB issue; covering a tight end. They already have a bunch of LBers that can't cover a tight end on the roster.

I have no idea what games you guys were watching, Westerman looked terrible. Most seem to like him but I have no idea why.

He did have a bad year, he was hurt all year. Not making excuses for him...he didn't step up, that is why they let him walk.

He did have a bad year, he was hurt all year. Not making excuses for him...he didn't step up, that is why they let him walk.

The fact that he was a RFA and they chose not to even tender him really does speak volumes. Especially when you consider he was an UDFA and so his tender amount could have been quite minimal if they chose.

The fact that he was a RFA and they chose not to even tender him really does speak volumes. Especially when you consider he was an UDFA and so his tender amount could have been quite minimal if they chose.

Exactly. Rex didnt even give up on Gholston for a few seasons, I think the Jets felt Westerman had already hit his ceiling.

Exactly. Rex didnt even give up on Gholston for a few seasons, I think the Jets felt Westerman had already hit his ceiling.

Yeah because Rex has always made terrific personnel moves (trading Lowery for a 6th rd pick, who just signed a deal paying him 3mill+ a year)

Letting go of Westerman, a solid depth guy who has shown improvement, is a loss.

Westie wasn't a stud but he was a solid player at a spot were light at. It's not like his back up took his spot. We should have kept him for depth even if they plan on drafting or bringing in a OLB.

We can't just get rid of every crappy or average player, they'd be to many holes to fill and this team has no depth. When you think about it it's scary.

Depth or players needed

QB

WR

OT

C

OG

OLB

ILB

FS

SS

Not as much

RB

TE

This team is one injury away from drafting in the top 5 next season.

Westie wasn't a stud but he was a solid player at a spot were light at. It's not like his back up took his spot. We should have kept him for depth even if they plan on drafting or bringing in a OLB.

We can't just get rid of every crappy or average player, they'd be to many holes to fill and this team has no depth. When you think about it it's scary.

Depth or players needed

QB

WR

OT

C

OG

OLB

ILB

FS

SS

Not as much

RB

TE

This team is one injury away from drafting in the top 5 next season.

If Westerman was any good we wouldn't have seen so much of the other backups coming in. I liked him and all but the kids behind him were getting him off of the field. We groomed him for two seasons then he got his chance when BT went down. He underachieved at best.

Nope he was a solid piece of our D and now we need to get another OLB, it's not like we werent already short there. How many pieces do you think we can replace this year?

He was a Jag and the defense suffered from him having to play a bigger role. BT was resigned, Maybin was tenured. The position isnt short. They're down 1 player, which I'm sure they will add whether through draft or FA. How many OLB's do expect to carry? And who else are we replacing? The only position we dont currently have a starter is FS and WR2. Thats not a lot.

You do realize that when BT went down, Westerman was handed the starting job and in almost no time was benched in favor of a first-year CFL nobody right? Like it or not, this team was clearly not a big fan of what they saw. Besides, with BT back the Jets are carrying as many OLBs as they did going into last season, with Maybin taking Westerman's spot, and we still haven't finished FA or hit the draft or UDFA yet.

I have no ill will for westerman, he's a potential contributor who was hurt most of last year. When posters want Laron Landry to play safety, or Chaz Schiliens to play WR how is that so different? Or how about Braylon Edwards?

Alot of times teams make these cheap signings hoping that an injury prone player defies his past tendencies and stays healthy. A Healthy Westerman is about as effective as Maybin.

You do realize that when BT went down, Westerman was handed the starting job and in almost no time was benched in favor of a first-year CFL nobody right?

he had a groin injury that limited his effectiveness. Players get hurt, it happens.

Archived