Jets trade for Tim Tebow: MERGED 847 X

JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

After listening to Tebow's over the phone interview, I have to concur with the OP. Class, intelligence, optimism...it was all there. Even when mushmouth Meyers tried to bait him into negativity. Another positive: Mark Sanchez welcoming Tebow to the team. Sanchez just won me over somehow, by not being a whiny prick. This is all very positive and actually, dare I say, reason for being a supportive jets fan for the time being. This all feels unnatural and unnerving. But I like the Jets QB's today. Can't say I've felt that since before the Favre signing. Holmes was still a captain, though. I can always temper my optimism with that.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, just produce. Im not impressed with your media coverage Timothy. Some of these guys may be "god struck" but I know better. Just come in and do whats asked of you to the best of your ability. If that means playing opposite Keller on a 2 TE set then I expect it to be done. If that means playing split back along side Greene I expect it to be done. If it means running wildcat then I expect you to frustrate the heck out of the defense.

The bottomline is that you better show and prove. I dont care about the Tebow hype. If you make the team better I will love you, if not I will have a problem with you. This is New York, you dont live off of hype for too long here. Believe that!

Villain

The

Foe

Meh, just produce. Im not impressed with your media coverage Timothy. Some of these guys may be "god struck" but I know better. Just come in and do whats asked of you to the best of your ability. If that means playing opposite Keller on a 2 TE set then I expect it to be done. If that means playing split back along side Greene I expect it to be done. If it means running wildcat then I expect you to frustrate the heck out of the defense.

The bottomline is that you better show and prove. I dont care about the Tebow hype. If you make the team better I will love you, if not I will have a problem with you. This is New York, you dont live off of hype for too long here. Believe that!

Villain

The

Foe

PREACH IT

The bottomline is that you better show and prove. I dont care about the Tebow hype. If you make the team better I will love you, if not I will have a problem with you.

So that's the bottom line and yet you are a sanchez fan... :animal0029:

Villain

The

Foe

Jesus Saves, Villian. Jesus saves.

come to think of it...he must be worth a fortune by now. what's it been, like, 4 thousand years?

Agreed. Not a fan of Tebows QB skills, but his leadership and character will be a nice addition to this locker room. Plus, I think with a creative OC who can utilize Tebows natural talent, he can be a big time playmaker for this team.

Absolutely. One guy to counterbalance our lineup of thug turds. Welcome Tebow. Go Jets!

So that's the bottom line and yet you are a sanchez fan... :animal0029:

Yeah, im a Sanchez fan. And I believe Sanchez will show what it is to be out of a Schotty offense with a Head Coach not taking part in the offense. I think Sparano will do much better than Schotty which isnt really a compliment given that Schotty was so ******* horrible. I also think that Rex will play a role in the offense.

I will say this, Sanchez better not become the QB that I see him becoming, because its not going to be cool to see all of todays haters on his tool tomorrow as if they knew all along. You know, watch people put up threads and break it down like they seen it coming all this time. If sanchez doesnt turn out to be anything then cool, I was wrong (though not wrong on the fact that development wise the Jets are doing an horrific job). We have TIM TEBOW. Some people smell a championship, others question how I can be a Sanchez fan...as if that's a "failures move", like being a Jet fan in general could be any better.

Yeah, im a Sanchez fan. And I believe Sanchez will show what it is to be out of a Schotty offense with a Head Coach not taking part in the offense. I think Sparano will do much better than Schotty which isnt really a compliment given that Schotty was so ******* horrible.

Regardless, we do know that Sanchez doesn't make the Jets a better football team. If that's your bottom line, then why the <3

I will say this, Sanchez better not become the QB that I see him becoming, because its not going to be cool to see all of todays haters on his tool tomorrow as if they knew all along. You know, watch people put up threads and break it down like they see it coming. If sanchez doesnt turn out to be anything then cool. We have TIM TEBOW. Some people smell a championship, others question how I can be a Sanchez fan...as if thats a failures move, like being a Jet fan in general could be any better.

SO you don't want Sanchez to be good because it won't be cool when fans flip flop.. ?? wow

Here's my stance, ftr.. There are things to like about Sanchez and I think he's got a future in this league. I think it's possible he becomes a top flight QB, but it's a long shot at this point. He's certainly flashed ability though, so I'm not going to be shocked if he does develop into a top 5 type guy, but I wouldn't bet on it

I apologize for another thread but I was curious as to this possibility.

Tim Tebow lining up as a TE (along side other duties in the wildcat). Is it possible? Do you guys like it? 6'3, 245lb and running a 4.7. Aaron hernandez ran a 4.5 at 6'2 and 245lb, gronk at 6'5 265lb ran a 4.68.

Im not saying that should be his new permanent position. Im just hoping he is open to it and that the jets are thinking about it.

The only question that remains is, can the dude catch?

Regardless, we do know that Sanchez doesn't make the Jets a better football team. If that's your bottom line, then why the <3

SO you don't want Sanchez to be good because it won't be cool when fans flip flop.. ?? wow

Here's my stance, ftr.. There are things to like about Sanchez and I think he's got a future in this league. I think it's possible he becomes a top flight QB, but it's a long shot at this point. He's certainly flashed ability though, so I'm not going to be shocked if he does develop into a top 5 type guy, but I wouldn't bet on it

I dont think Sanchez was the problem I think Schotty was. Schotty is gone and we have a new approach that was much needed. As for me not wanting Sanchez to be good. Of course I do, and of course you knew what I meant so im not going to waste my time.

And I read your FTR, and I think 3 years in the league doing some of the things that he's done with such a bad cast around him to a certain extent gave me more hope then it gave you (or the Jets) in seeing this through. Cool.

Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network is reporting that Tebow had a choice between Jets and Jax. He chose NY cause he felt like it was the right fit.

HUH? Over his home town? This kid is coming to NY to become a street preacher.

He will start with Apostle Rex. A feet sniffer who saw the err of his ways.

Once hes on board spreading the good word, theyll be no stopping Tebow.

It's a strong part of both Lin and Tebow's identity and you want them to "grow up" and shut up about it? When you believe your mission is to save souls, that is literally impossible for either of them to do. They both seem to be genuinely good people and have talent to boot. Don't see the reason for the hate.

I would prefer they shut up about it, yes. Same with actors who go political. Stfu that's not your job. Then Tebow's all about converting the brown people to Christianity....Yich.

I don't hate them on an individual level and I think they're genuinely good people too btw. Just have some real disagreements on the whole man in sky organized religion thing. Religion should probably be an extremely personal thing if you choose to lean that way in life. Their identity to the world is football player and basketball player, not ambassador of their god.

Archived