JOJOTOWNSELL

who should start at qB  

54 members have voted

1. 1. who

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My children:

Let us not submit to evil. Let us come together as god's children and follow his word as we discuss Tim Tebow in great detail amongst peace, harmony and a spiritual belief in NY Jets Football.

erick my dear boy, you seem like such a troubled lad

look into your heart son, you know the horrid thoughts i speak of. feel no shame

over-compensate no longer, open your heart to me and i will grant you the height you so desperately want

wipe away the envy of those that can reach the top shelf on their own

your heart, open it and stuff

this move could be a game-changer in terms of media coverage IMO......Tebow could be the guy to finally get the Jets locker room together. He completely takes the pressure of the Jets to explain away last year. when the cameras show up at training camp, they will be so distracted by the sight of Tebow that they will basically ignore the sanchez-Holmes rift from last year......lets put it this way, if there were gonna be 40 articles on Holmes sitting the bench in the Miami game then with the arrival of Tebow that number goes to 5. Tebow is going to completely blind the national and local media, all stories will be about him! Id compare it to Linsanity, a complete takeover of the airwaves and print. With that takeover comes another plus.....NO NEED FOR REX TO GUARUNTEE ANY SUPER BOWLS!! Rex, bless his heart, can't seem to resist proclaiming ridiculousness in the press.....with the arrival of Tebow, would he even feel the need to put it out there??

Tebow off the field is a godsend for this particular jets team......he distracts the media, he curbs the coach, he brings together the locker room, and is the best wildcat QB out there.....plus, does anyone else feel this Jets team could use a lil divine intervention??

Im not even reading the rest of that.

It'll probably end with something ridiculous like "divine intervention".

My children:

Let us not submit to evil. Let us come together as god's children and follow his word as we discuss Tim Tebow in great detail amongst peace, harmony and a spiritual belief in NY Jets Football.

It's about time you got here. Rex has been calling your name every other play for 2 years.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Jacksonville or New York? Tim Tebow's future is up to him.

After a trade that would have sent the Broncos quarterback to the New York Jets hit a contract-related snag Wednesday afternoon, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Tebow can choose whether Denver deals the former Heisman Trophy winner to his hometown Jaguars or to Rex Ryan's Jets.

Word spread rapidly Wednesday that the Jets had acquired Tebow from Denver for draft picks, the teams encountered a hang-up in the language in Tebow's contract that put the trade on hold, a Broncos source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In Tebow's contract is a $6.2 million salary advance, of which $1.2 million already has been paid by Denver, sources told Schefter. The difference of $5 million is still advanced against his future salary, and that burden would shift to the Jets in a trade. The Jets, sources said, believe the Broncos should owe Tebow that money.

The trade, then, will not be finalized until the sides resolve who should pay the money to Tebow.

The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter.

The Jaguars, a league source told Schefter, then made an additional play to get Tebow after initially trying, and failing, to land the him earlier Wednesday.

ESPN initially reported the St. Louis Rams could be a landing place for Tebow, but sources later indicated the Rams are not serious contenders.

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that Denver was negotiating with both the Jets and Jaguars for cash payments and will complete the trade with whichever team offers the highest amount.

Tebow grew up in Jacksonville and played his college ball at the University of Florida.

The Jaguars passed on drafting Tebow when he came out of college in 2010 and then traded up to draft Blaine Gabbert last season, calling him a "franchise quarterback." Gabbert struggled, and the team blamed his problems on receivers and coaching.

Coach Jack Del Rio was fired in November, the same day the team was sold to Illinois businessman Shahid Khan. Before the Super Bowl, Khan said in a radio interview that he would have drafted Tebow and indicated he would consider bringing in Tebow if he became available.

"I share your sentiment," Khan said to a caller who said he hoped the Jaguars would consider Tebow. "When is the next time Jacksonville is gonna have an athlete like Tim Tebow?"

Tebow, drafted by Denver with the No. 25 overall pick in 2010, went on the trading block Monday when the Broncos secured free-agent quarterback Peyton Manning, who signed a five-year, $96 million contract.

The timing of the trade is curious for New York.

Two weeks ago, the Jets gave Sanchez a three-year, $40.5 million contract extension, even though he regressed in certain areas last season. They signed former Detroit Lions backup Drew Stanton last week to be their No. 2 quarterback, handing him a $500,000 signing bonus. They also have former Alabama star Greg McElroy.

The Jets see Tebow as a change-of-pace player with the ability to run the Wildcat offense. They've used the Wildcat in recent years, but cut back last season with the departure of Brad Smith. The new offensive coordinator is Tony Sparano, who introduced the Wildcat to the NFL as coach of the Miami Dolphins.

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

"I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

Asked if he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

"And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said.

Archived