Sean Payton suspended for 1 year, Saints docked two 2nd round picks

WWWWombat

Don't know the details yet but I'm suspecting there's some dirt on Payton if they're doing this.

He is the coach. He either turned a blind eye or does not have positive control of his team.

This is no different then any leadership position sports related or not taken the fall during a scandal.

NFL is a sham, patriots get caught cheating and get zippo, every team has a bounty system for chump change.

The Patriots got caught using a camera.

The Saints knowingly and willingly condoned injuring players.

Huge difference Assmop.

The Patriots got caught using a camera. The Saints knowingly and willingly condoned injuring players. Huge difference Assmop.

Caught Cheating dude,

If you watch football ,the goal on every play is to hurt your opponent. and i didnt say injure so dont mince words, rewarding players for awesome hits happens on every team

Caught Cheating dude,

If you watch football ,the goal on every play is to hurt your opponent. and i didnt say injure so dont mince words, rewarding players for awesome hits happens on every team

No doubt.

I 110% agree players want to hit as hard as they can, but take players out of games due to injury? No.

I did not hear one current or former NFL player interviewed during the time this came out that said they want to deliberately injure a player. That is their lively hood. They know it can be a very short time to earn a lot of money.

NFL is a sham, patriots get caught cheating and get zippo, every team has a bounty system for chump change.

I can only semi agree.

The bounty thing is a bit different in that players can turn around and sue the league if players are intentionally trying to sue them. Also if parents get the idea that their kids can be hurt because someone is intentionally trying to hurt them, then it can kill the future of the league.

The patriots thing is an isolated indecent only to football. Yes, the punishment seemed light, but look at it this way. You are allowed to photograph the other teams signals, but not videotape them. Also don't forget that one year earlier to the spygate, Nick Saban was caught audio recording line calls of the Patriots.

As for the bounty thing, this had to be overly punitive because bounty is right on par with gambling in sports.

He is the coach. He either turned a blind eye or does not have positive control of his team.

This is no different then any leadership position sports related or not taken the fall during a scandal.

It was so severe because they 1) lied about it and 2) tried covering up. Sgt Goodell don't play the fool. Is it harsh? Yes. Expected? Yup....like I said, Sgt. Goodell don't play.

Unlike pats who were caught 4 times earlier and were warned...yet bellie still felt the need to cheat and bellie got zippo, i guess it helps when Krafty is incharge of televison revenue

They didn't lie when asked about it. Saints did. There's the difference.....plus the timing freakin blows. The lock-out - player health - concussion syndrome - Goodell did not get his 18 game season because of player health concerns....blah, blah, blah.

Caught Cheating dude,

Brett Farve was never the same after getting knocked out of the game by the Saints and Kurt Warner never played again.

The Saints wanted blood.

For what they did, the penalties weren't harsh enough. They should become the New Orleans Aint's. After heavy fines, the franchise should be disbanded. All coaches and players on the team thrown out of football for good. Even those not participating, for guilt by association. Cheerleaders should be given severence pay!

For what they did, the penalties weren't harsh enough. They should become the New Orleans Aint's. After heavy fines, the franchise should be disbanded. All coaches and players on the team thrown out of football for good. Even those not participating, for guilt by association. Cheerleaders should be given severence pay!

saints should have stuck to cheating, taping walkthrus, radio jamming headsets, paying guys off the books like the patholes do,

Archived