What time do the new jerseys get unveiled today?

Jetkid94

"New uniforms" insinuates that the actual green & white signature look and feel was altered. All that happened is that the Jets now have their uniforms supplied by Nike instead of Reebok, meaning the way its stitched together might have changed - and the manufacturers logo changed - but the Jets uniform did not.

It appears only one team actually redesigned, or "got new", uniforms and it was the Seahawks. Everyone else stayed the same, just the Nike version.

ApkmQlhCQAISHjR.jpg

BAM!

I take it this is the version they are selling for the fans? If so, its interesting... looks like Nike stitched in all sorts of extra shoulder shaping to help the scrawny kids who wear this sh*t look like they actually have a physique.

WTF is that decal by the Neck? its ******* ugly. Other than that Im happy they didnt bastardize our Unis.

Not a decal, it's Flywire, they've been using it in their basketball and running shoes for a few years now. Great material, I won't play ball in anything else now to be honest. I'm curious about why they put it in the neck though, probably to make the jersey up around the neck more flexible with the pads.

The 15 Most Unique Features of the New Nike NFL Uniforms

APRIL 3, 2012

Philadelphia Eagles — each Eagles jersey contains a swatch of fabric from the uniforms of the 2004 men’s basketball Olympic “Dream Team” featuring Stephon Marbury and Allen Iverson.

New York Jets — the Jets’ batch of uniforms contains no No. 6 Mark Sanchez jersey.

New Orleans Saints — the Saints’ uniform pants include an external pocket that can be used to fit cash earned during games for knockouts.

Seattle Seahawks — Seahawks jerseys do not have player names on the back to spare Seahawks players from being identified while dressing that ridiculously in public.

Detroit Lions — Lions uniforms are designed to start out strong and then fall apart as the season goes on.

Pittsburgh Steelers — all Steelers jerseys contain a magnetic strip containing their credit card and bank information that allows Roger Goodell to fine them on the field with a single swipe.

Dallas Cowboys — the Cowboys uniforms feature the thinnest, most lightweight fabric ever made, as the team doesn’t need a uniform that provides warmth in January.

Washington Redskins — Washington’s jerseys contain high-tech fibers that redirect the sun’s rays directly at Mike Shanahan’s face.

Baltimore Ravens — featuring a state-of-the-art, moisture-wicking fabric, the Ravens new uniforms can be completely dry just 60 seconds after getting doused with Gatorade or champagne following a regular season victory.

Denver Broncos — all new Broncos jerseys contain a flared neck that is really more like a mock turtleneck. Or maybe even a neck brace. Actually, it’s just a neck brace. A big, orange neck brace. The rest of the uniform is exactly the same as it was before.

San Diego Chargers — the team’s new helmets are designed without earholes in order to help Chargers players ignore everything Norv Turner says.

Cleveland Browns — the Browns’ new helmets catch player tears and convert them into a sports drink.

Indianapolis Colts — Colts jerseys are now just white t-shirts with Andrew Luck’s face airbrushed on the front.

Jacksonville Jaguars — Nike forgot to make Jaguars uniforms. The Jaguars are just getting sweatpants and some numbered pinnies.

New England Patriots — All Patriots uniforms were made in Nike sweatshops by child laborers. Because Bill Belichick thought that would be hilarious.

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/12125/the-15-most-unique-features-of-the-new-nike-nfl-uniforms

Why do people have such short memories?

This contract has changed hands probably 5 or 6 times in the last 20-25 years and never once has there been wholesale changes to uniforms.

The NFL has literally spent decades, in some cases as many as 9, building these 32 brands. They were not going to let Nike come in and make everyone look like the Oregon Ducks.

ApkZ8NtCEAMe9aU.jpg

I feel like I do when my ladyfriend asks if I like what she did with her hair.. sh-t looks the same to me.

What change? looks to me like everything remains the same"! wait a sec. thats the title of a LedZeplin song. "everything remains the same".

revisisland.jpg

It's not so much a change in pattern as much as it is a change in design & technology

• They eliminated the double-layered padding over the shoulders to make the pads lighter and more streamlined
    • Giving more mobility in the upper arm area

[*]Hydrophobic qualities were added to the Jersey & Pant so it now is non absorbent

• Water justt beads up a little bit on the surface and falls off, eliminating any additional weight to the uniform on poor weather day

Overall, the changes will aid the player and not burden their gameplay.

for the first wave of nike jersey everyone was so hell bent on keeping the designs the same. I bet 3-5 years from now these jerseys will be markedly different.

Based on what? These teams are not going to radically alter their uniforms after spending so many years building their brands.

Radically changing the NFL's uniforms on a wholesale basis would be a marketing disaster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived