What time do the new jerseys get unveiled today?

Jetkid94

New York Jets@nyjets

#Jets #Nike Jersey being unveiled soon. Lots of other new Green & White gear. Are you excited for the new look? http://pic.twitter.com/H57oad5q

Hide photo

ApkJ88NCIAI9E2_.jpg

SI_PeterKing

MT @Rachel__Nichols: NFL unveils new Nike unis/gear today. Starts at 11ET. You excited, or wary?...Incredulous--that it became a news story.

RichCimini

Attending NFL/Nike uniform launch in Brooklyn. Fireman Ed getting lot of face time in video loop of fan shots. New unis unveiled soon. #Jets

Jets jerseys are exactly the same

ApkW1dmCIAA9hsV.jpg

None of them seem to look particularly different. They seriously spent this much time on an unveiling for sh*t that all looks the same? Basically the only difference is the Reebok logo getting replaced by the Nike one, how exciting. At least that pretty much eliminates any need to repurchase any jerseys anyone already had (not that I could see any reason to do that to begin with).

ApkZ8NtCEAMe9aU.jpg

Wow, can't wait to get mine... :yawn:

They aren't the same, not radically different though. From this bad pic you can see the shoulders and neckline are different. It also looks in the shoulder area (notice the seams above the jets logo) like it may be a more athletic trim cut.

I expect the fit and materials used to be the biggest difference, and those are 2 things hard to represent in a photo, especially the materials.

Jets jerseys are exactly the same

ApkW1dmCIAA9hsV.jpg

You all see new jerseys.

I see that every team sent a stud because they have at least one, and we sent Shonn Greene. Seriously, I see Rice, Suh, Bailey, Wilson, BigBen, Vick, Welker, Red Rocket, Joe Haden... and... oh wait, there's Nate Washington. Whew. Thanks for that Tennessee.

None of them seem to look particularly different. They seriously spent this much time on an unveiling for sh*t that all looks the same? Basically the only difference is the Reebok logo getting replaced by the Nike one, how exciting. At least that pretty much eliminates any need to repurchase any jerseys anyone already had (not that I could see any reason to do that to begin with).

When you are Nike and you spend the money it costs to take over the NFL license, you create as many PR events to generate buzz as you can. Its got nothing to do with the designs changing or not changing. Everything to do with attaching the Nike brand to the NFL brand. Mind share.

You all see new jerseys.

I see that every team sent a stud because they have at least one, and we sent Shonn Greene. Seriously, I see Rice, Suh, Bailey, Wilson, BigBen, Vick, Welker, Red Rocket, Joe Haden... and... oh wait, there's Nate Washington. Whew. Thanks for that Tennessee.

I think SF sent David Akers...odd choice

When you are Nike and you spend the money it costs to take over the NFL license, you create as many PR events to generate buzz as you can. Its got nothing to do with the designs changing or not changing. Everything to do with attaching the Nike brand to the NFL brand. Mind share.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but it seems like Nike just sent out a mass notice to all NFL fans saying "hey, don't worry about rushing out to buy our jerseys, they look exactly the same as the ones you already have". Jersey sales are typically their highest at this time of the year between FA and the draft, but it just seems like Nike wasted an opportunity to drive up sales even more. Not that I really care mind you, I'm happy they didn't make any major changes, just surprised is all.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but it seems like Nike just sent out a mass notice to all NFL fans saying "hey, don't worry about rushing out to buy our jerseys, they look exactly the same as the ones you already have". Jersey sales are typically their highest at this time of the year between FA and the draft, but it just seems like Nike wasted an opportunity to drive up sales even more. Not that I really care mind you, I'm happy they didn't make any major changes, just surprised is all.

It sounds like you are confusing "new jerseys" with "new uniforms". I had zero expectations that any of the teams would be changing their uniform designs, primarily because when teams do that - they usually announce it, and its a re-branding project. Which means its a big deal.

Nike took over the contract to make the official jerseys. Which means they inherit the annual jersey sale numbers anyway... nothing to drive up. They just went from selling no official NFL jerseys, to all of them. Jerseys can only be tweaked so much in how they are designed. Its really about the Nike logo replacing the Reebok one.

Other than that, the job of the product is still the same, be the teams colors, have the number, the name, be breathable, have roomy shoulders for pads, and that's about it. No reinventing the wheel here...

I think when you see them in person you will see a decent difference. There looks to be a lot more tailoring to these, and the contrast of the mesh fabric patches with the more solid fabric in the torso is kind of cool.

At the end of the day, the Jets colors are the Jets colors, and the Jets logo is the Jets logo, and those things are not controlled by nike, so how much change can their be? I have seen video and read about how much science and development Nike put into things like jerseys for Lance Armstrong and cycling, alternating fabrics and fabric surfaces throughout the body of the garment, and you can see a lot more thought and work going into that with these than anything reebok made. These jerseys are a evolution over what was already in use.

The biggest concern for me is how these will work for the casual fan. Will the cut be as trim and athletic for the fans, and if so will that be a hit with the people who like a "little more room."

I'm pretty sure they couldn't even if they had wanted to. Uniform changes are a team matter, I don't think the apparel maker has the authority to change them at their own discretion. I don't know how the new deal works but that's how the last deal with Reebok was.

There are 2 different shades of green. The shoulders are more saturated, more forest green, and they match the pads and the helmet (old color). The belly area has this shade of green too. The chest and the rest of the jersey is a "matte" desaturated green, like an army fatigue color....a new color in jets lore.

Definitely 2 different colors/shades/textures.

Archived