Why didn't Peyton Maning want to go to the Jets again?

Blackout

I have a great/terrible feeling that photo is going to come in handy a lot this season.

I hate to come off as being satisfied, but you guys way overblow the state of this franchise. The fact is that you can't name 10 teams that have been more successful the last 3 seasons that Rex has been here, And you probaably can't name 5 teams that's had similiar levels of success with a rookie/neophyte QB under center (Marino/Phins, Rothlisberger/Steelers, Flacco/Ravens, questionable after that)

Yeah, they've screwed some things up, but lets face it, comparitively speaking, they've been in the upper echelon and had Sanchez been as good as Rothlisberger was when he was a rookie, this team likely wins a SB in 2009 and gets there in 2010

Honestly, I'd bet every dollar in my savings account that if we went full bore we could've nabbed him. Don't think we were ever seriously interested

well then you would lose your savings account

according to the SI post mortum of how the trade went down, Manning was only seriously considering places where he had personal connections. He knew Elway. He knew the Titans. and he knew Harbaugh with SF. other teams like AZ, MIA, SEA and the NYJ inquired and he wasn't interested.

well then you would lose your savings account

according to the SI post mortum of how the trade went down, Manning was only seriously considering places where he had personal connections. He knew Elway. He knew the Titans. and he knew Harbaugh with SF. other teams like AZ, MIA, SEA and the NYJ inquired and he wasn't interested.

ANd favre wasn't interested at first either.. Money talks

I hate to come off as being satisfied, but you guys way overblow the state of this franchise. The fact is that you can't name 10 teams that have been more successful the last 3 seasons that Rex has been here, And you probaably can't name 5 teams that's had similiar levels of success with a rookie/neophyte QB under center (Marino/Phins, Rothlisberger/Steelers, Flacco/Ravens, questionable after that)

Yeah, they've screwed some things up, but lets face it, comparitively speaking, they've been in the upper echelon and had Sanchez been as good as Rothlisberger was when he was a rookie, this team likely wins a SB in 2009 and gets there in 2010

Truth

Peyton did want to play for Parcells. Parcells wouldn't guarantee Archie that he would draft him.

I believe it was because Parcells wouldnt guarantee he was going to coach very long and he didnt want to play for Belicheck.

I really believe Peyton didnt want to play with a bunch of idiots, this includes some knucklehead players , the GM and of course the coach.

Meh, every team has idiots. Didn't a denver player get gunned down in a club recently? These guys aren't angels

Peyton did want to play for Parcells. Parcells wouldn't guarantee Archie that he would draft him.

This. Biggest blunder ever by this org. So instead of getting Manning, or Ogden for that matter we get a LB that leaves in 3 years & has his best days in Pitt. Thanks a lot Tuna!!

If it was just the players, maybe but not with rexey's mouth

Manning's put his foot in his mouth a few times too, This is really all speculation, but I don't think the Jets went full bore, and I do think we are one of the best landing spots for a guy like Manning, we offer one of the best chances of winning, and probably the most lucrative spot in terms of marketing

This man speaks truth but shut up about it. There's MONTHS to cover here.

This. Biggest blunder ever by this org. So instead of getting Manning, or Ogden for that matter we get a LB that leaves in 3 years & has his best days in Pitt. Thanks a lot Tuna!!

Yeah, that guy sucked. Practically destroyed the whole franchise like he did with the Pats and Cowboys.

Manning's put his foot in his mouth a few times too, This is really all speculation, but I don't think the Jets went full bore, and I do think we are one of the best landing spots for a guy like Manning, we offer one of the best chances of winning, and probably the most lucrative spot in terms of marketing

Heh i believe Jets would have won SB with Manning, i was all IN, in fact i figured Irsay would trade him early on and i would have given up Revis

Archived