PFT: Texas church expecting crowd of 30,000 for Tebow’s Easter sermon

Lizard King

Texas church expecting crowd of 30,000 for Tebow’s Easter sermon

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 6, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT

Getty Images

Tim Tebow will deliver the Easter sermon on Sunday at the Celebration Church in Georgetown, Texas, and the expected turnout is one more indication of Tebow’s enormous popularity.

The church told local TV station KVUE that it’s erecting bleachers on its 60-acre outdoor space for what it expects to be a crowd of as many as 30,000 people.

“Obviously it’s our Super Bowl,” said Joe Champion, pastor at the Celebration Church. “Easter is the resurrection of Christ, which we celebrate in our faith. We feel like it’s going to be a testimony to the community. We want it to be a family event.”

Tebow recently got a mani-pedi (first time I’ve ever typed that phrase) to get himself ready for the festivities, but Pastor Champion wants to make clear that it’s not all about glorifying Tebow.

“There will be the sacredness of Easter,” Champion said. “It’s not a Tim Tebow show. It’s not about a celebrity. There’s really only one celebrity that we are going to honor and highlight.”

I don’t think he’s referring to Mark Sanchez.

Permalink 64 Comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill

Email

Saw this article earlier in the day, and I was going to post it. Then I thought if I did I would be responsible for all the following posts. Figured God was going to get me for it.

So BG, it's all on you Bro.

:) just kidding

I shall repent

How big is this ******* church and car park to fit 30K ******* people?

Church is on 60 acres. Welcome to Texas. No one is allowed to park at the church. Instead, they are shuttling people in from satellite locations, like grocery stores, shopping malls, etc.

Church is on 60 acres. Welcome to Texas. No one is allowed to park at the church. Instead, they are shuttling people in from satellite locations, like grocery stores, shopping malls, etc.

It sounds like the crazy ****ers at Calvary Chapel down here. I went there once cause I was trying to bang this chick and there was a sh*t ton of people there and they were shuttling people. I've never seen anything like it and it was def not 30K people so I can only imagine what it's going to be like there.

Archived