Pats inquire about 12th pick - Chandler Jones

Integrity28

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports that the Patriots have reached out to the Seahawks about the availability of the No. 12 pick.

Specifically, Breer reported that New England asked "what it would take to get to 12." The Pats have the ammo with two first-round picks and five selections in the top 93. They have nothing after the fourth round, however. NFL Network's Stacey Dales has reported that New England is strongly interested in Syracuse DE Chandler Jones, and he may be their target in any potential move up.

Just goes to show you that none of the fans, and none of the prognosticators know sh*t until after it happens... lol.

Jones was a mid-2nd rounder according to a lot of mocks 3 weeks ago. Now he's the best defensive player in the draft?

Pats were going to pick with one first rounder, and trade the other last week... now they are coming up to 12?

This is like when they supposedly had a hard-on for Dewayne Robertson, causing Terry Bradway to trip all over himself trying to outsmart the Pats to get him and Belichick laughed and laughed and laughed. Like making a cat go batsh*t crazy with a laser pointer.

First I have not heard of this rumor being for Jones, I heard it was for Barron - who won't make it past Dallas, so 12 makes sense, I guess.

Anyway, Pats wiill probably do what they always do. Trade down. They will use their first #1 and deal away their second #1. Same could be said for the 2 seconds.They have no picks after the fourth round. That will change.

First I have not heard of this rumor being for Jones, I heard it was for Barron - who won't make it past Dallas, so 12 makes sense, I guess.

Anyway, Pats wiill probably do what they always do. Trade down. They will use their first #1 and deal away their second #1. Same could be said for the 2 seconds.They have no picks after the fourth round. That will change.

Not that it is worth a whole lot, but in the most recent ESPN blogger mock draft, the Pats did exactly this. James Walker (AFC East Blogger) predicts the Pats will trade up to get Barron, and Seattle seems like the most likely candidate for a trade partner.

I have also seen some folks saying that KC will snag Barron to pair him with Berry, thereby creating the best safety duo in the league. Methinks KC has way to many other holes to address, but who knows.

I do think this could be the year that the Pats buck their normal trend of stockpiling picks to try and land game changers that are high on their board, especially defensive players.

If he is half the POS that his brother is, he is a colossal one. Perfect fit in New England.

Funny you should say that because my best friend, who is a huge MMA fan called me a few months ago and told me that Jon "Bones" Jones came in to his store one day and was incredibly cool and down to earth. It was actually a day or two after he beat that dudes a$$ that was mugging some lady. Doens't strike me as POS type of behavior. JMO.

Funny you should say that because my best friend, who is a huge MMA fan called me a few months ago and told me that Jon "Bones" Jones came in to his store one day and was incredibly cool and down to earth. It was actually a day or two after he beat that dudes a$$ that was mugging some lady. Doens't strike me as POS type of behavior. JMO.

Cause he was nice to your one friend? OK. Develop your own opinion. Read some of what that idiot has to say. He thinks he is a mixture of Jesus and Muhammad Ali.

This is like when they supposedly had a hard-on for Dewayne Robertson, causing Terry Bradway to trip all over himself trying to outsmart the Pats to get him and Belichick laughed and laughed and laughed. Like making a cat go batsh*t crazy with a laser pointer.

Didn't the Pats also have it "hard" for Gholston? How many times are we going to fall for this crap?

oh and by the way Jets fans, Belly trading up means he finally thinks his window is closing. Every year they trade out and stockpile picks.

a trade up means the end to the Pats AFC East dominance is on the horizon and Belly is soon to depart. Frankly i doubt it happens. His ego is so big he probably thinks he's gonna coach until he's 80.

Cause he was nice to your one friend? OK. Develop your own opinion. Read some of what that idiot has to say. He thinks he is a mixture of Jesus and Muhammad Ali.

No, because he was nice to my friend two days before I saw him on the news for chasing down some dude who robbed a woman in a park. What have your personal interactions been with him?

Don't like people who think they're better than what they are? What do you think of Revis?

This is probably just planted info by the Pats, they heard the Jets love him so let's make them think we want him, and are willing to trade in front of them to grab him so they panic trade up to 11, and give up half their draft for that player, all while laughing because they know he is a 2nd round talent. Dance puppet dance! As long as Woody and the Jets continue their hardon for the Pats, and Giants they will remain irrelevant outside of negative attention, it's time to put the blinders on shut your mouth, and worry about running the franchise with decisions based on what's best for a FOOTBALL team, and then maybe the Jets can win a SB, and become relevant in a positive manner. As long as Woody is the owner me thinks this will never happen.

My thoughts exactly....well.... not exactly, but close... well not really all that close but.... similar.

10 career sacks in 32 games-3 years in the Big East and a 4.87 at 266 pounds. Since when is that a top 15 pick?

If Belichick trades up all the way to 12 to take him, the media will be all over his...skills...as a evaluator of talent and call him a genius. If the Jets stand pat and take him at 16, the media will mock them relentlessly.

No, because he was nice to my friend two days before I saw him on the news for chasing down some dude who robbed a woman in a park. What have your personal interactions been with him?

You should listen to what he had to say about that. Typical pompous self.

Mine? I called him a faggot when I saw him in new york.

How do you know Revis thinks he is better than he is? He hasn't said anything. Revis keeps his mouth shut for the most part. Jon Jones doesn't.

I'll do that. I'm listening to it now.

Why did you call him a faggot though? Think you could beat his a$$ or were you just trying to bust his balls for being a celeb? Seriously...just curious.

Okay, I gotta be honest. I just watched his comments on the incident at his PC and while he seemd a little odd with all the meditation talk, the rest of it seemed like a guy trying to get some laughs out of a story where he could have just talked about what a badass he was. Seems pretty consistent with what my buddy described. Down to earth, good guy. My guess is, you're a fan of MMA and he beat somebody you're a big fan of, or for whatever reason, you're just not a fan of his so you're finding a huge fault or flaw where there really isn't one from what I can see. To each his own though. I think Revis is a horrible human being, along with the lieks of Greg Maddux, Gary Sheffield, Jack Morris, Ken Griffey Jr...to name a few. Some people just rub others the wrong way for whatever reason.

And back to the Jets...I'd have no probelm with them taking Jones but I'm hoping for Barron or OT/OG. Gotta re-build ground and pound.

I'll do that. I'm listening to it now.

Why did you call him a faggot though? Think you could beat his a$$ or were you just trying to bust his balls for being a celeb? Seriously...just curious.

Cause I think he enjoys copious amounts of penis in his rectum.

How do you know Revis thinks he is better than he is? He hasn't said anything. Revis keeps his mouth shut for the most part. Jon Jones doesn't.

IMO...ANY player who considers holding out three times in four years thinks a bit too much of himself. It may have been done by another player at some point in NFL history, but I've never heard of it. So...if he feels like he should be treated like the best player ever to put on a uniform...he's not as good as he thinks IMO.

Cause I think he enjoys copious amounts of penis in his rectum.

Hey, I can't lie...sometimes I meet a guy and think he prefers men to women but I generally don't say anything about it since it's none of my concern.

Okay, I gotta be honest. I just watched his comments on the incident at his PC and while he seemd a little odd with all the meditation talk, the rest of it seemed like a guy trying to get some laughs out of a story where he could have just talked about what a badass he was. Seems pretty consistent with what my buddy described. Down to earth, good guy. My guess is, you're a fan of MMA and he beat somebody you're a big fan of, or for whatever reason, you're just not a fan of his so you're finding a huge fault or flaw where there really isn't one from what I can see. To each his own though. I think Revis is a horrible human being, along with the lieks of Greg Maddux, Gary Sheffield, Jack Morris, Ken Griffey Jr...to name a few. Some people just rub others the wrong way for whatever reason.

And back to the Jets...I'd have no probelm with them taking Jones but I'm hoping for Barron or OT/OG. Gotta re-build ground and pound.

I am a huge fan of mma. I couldn't care less if he beat every fighter I liked. I dislike him cause when he opens his mouth its about his greatness.

The interview you watched seems mild alone. But when you couple it with the rest of his nonsensical greatness talk it all adds up and makes him a colossal idiot I want to see in a pine box.

IMO...ANY player who considers holding out three times in four years thinks a bit too much of himself. It may have been done by another player at some point in NFL history, but I've never heard of it. So...if he feels like he should be treated like the best player ever to put on a uniform...he's not as good as he thinks IMO.

Yeah, I hear you. I hate what he is doing too. Only thing I can say is that Revis deserves to be paid and I appreciate him not opening his mouth.

Archived