Jordan Shipley waived

slats

Guy was on a lot of people's radar for the Jets in the 2010 draft. Seems to me like the Bengals are giving up on him prematurely. Don't know if the Jets have room on their WR corps for another walking wounded, though...

Bengals waive Jordan Shipley

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 17, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT

Jordan Shipley’s time in Cincinnati has come to an end.

The Bengals waived Shipley, their 2010 third-round draft pick, they announced today.

Shipley showed a lot of promise as a rookie, catching 52 passes for 600 yards and three touchdowns. But he suffered a torn ACL in Week Two of last season, and 11 months later his knee is still bothering him. Shipley has played in both of the Bengals’ preseason games but caught just one pass for four yards.

If a receiver-needy team wants Shipley, he’ll be available on waivers. If he can get back to full speed, he could be a good young addition to some team’s receiving corps.

Save money by using smaller tables in the trainers room ?

That's just one benefit, my friend. Think how much easier his name is to spell and pronounce. As in, "Injury report: Out Jordan Shipley". I never really got whether Chaz is pronounce shillenz or shi-lens or chilinz...he's the Kim Basinger of the NFL.

Do Not Want. This guy was barely fast enough coming out of college, he is a short, white, slot receiver....Dime a dozen, and most do not come with his prolonged injury history. There has got to be a better option for this team than Jordan Shipley...

NY-AQ241_NYCHRE_G_20101128155601.jpg

That's just one benefit, my friend. Think how much easier his name is to spell and pronounce. As in, "Injury report: Out Jordan Shipley". I never really got whether Chaz is pronounce shillenz or shi-lens or chilinz...he's the Kim Basinger of the NFL.

but with smaller boobs?

BAY-sing-er

Do Not Want. This guy was barely fast enough coming out of college, he is a short, white, slot receiver....Dime a dozen, and most do not come with his prolonged injury history. There has got to be a better option for this team than Jordan Shipley...

DOWN WITH WHITES

Sure if healthy, he'd be great. But he's coming off an ACL and if there was any way he could perform this year Cinci wouldn't have let him go. They have AJ green and a bunch of potentials; if healthy, he'd easily be their number two. No way they let him go if they thought he could do anything this year. And we don't have room just to stash him on our roster for later.

Archived