Patrick Turner waived

Lego My Lageman

I hope Jordan White gets Turner's spot on the active roster.

I can't imagine they'd be doing a swap of WRs after just one more week of practice following a full offseason of evaluation. My guess would be that it's either a matchup-based switch of someone at a different position for this weeks game (perhaps promoting someone from the practice squad or signing a DB as a precaution given Revis' status) or picking up a veteran they had interest in but didn't want to guarantee their salary.

Of course, it could also be that Turner was merely kept as a precaution to see how Hill held up and after Sunday, they're not so worried about him (only compounded by Schillens being healthy enough to play and Cumberland contributing nicely as well).

more speed for defense

no surprise

the bottom of the roster turns over every week

no biggie

This is true, although I feel like since Rex has come to town, we've seen a lot more instances of not just the weekly inactives getting changed around, but guys being brought in for a week or two to actually come in and play based on certain matchups before being released (often in favor of the return of the previous player). MTV being the most obvious example there.

Because Turner was on the Jets roster on opening day, his contract is guaranteed by any team that signs him.

It is being reported that he also injured his hammie on a special tams play.. probably wouldn't be able to play for a few games.

Unlikely any one will guarantee the contract of an injured bottom of the roster player. Gives the Jets a chance to look at Gates and or White while Turner recovers.

They can always resign him later

Because Turner was on the Jets roster on opening day, his contract is guaranteed by any team that signs him.

It is being reported that he also injured his hammie on a special tams play.. probably wouldn't be able to play for a few games.

Unlikely any one will guarantee the contract of an injured bottom of the roster player. Gives the Jets a chance to look at Gates and or White while Turner recovers.

True. That guy never drops passes and he has height.

But what about the Pats...more spygate?

Where have you been? We got this weird guy Bleedin Green as our Captain and that sh*t was all you!

Ryan Grant?

Not bad. Good when he is not hurt. That's what we need. Better than Cedric Benson - healthy and sh*t. Only real caveat is that he may have had an easy time going for yards on a team that could pass so well. Things might not be so easy with the Jets. On the bright side I think he was statistically better than the Pack rushing average, but their other backs aren't exactly murderer's row. I like it. Non-guaranteed, no risk. I like him more than Benson for the Jets.

Archived